Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby DrunkSmurf » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Has anyone ever locked themselves out of the house (especially in bad weather or at a critical time)?

When I lived in a second-floor apartment, I went onto my balcony, shut the sliding glass door, and it latched on me, trapping me on the balcony. I wound up getting back in but it took some engineering work. My wife once locked herself out on our house's back patio in the middle of winter in a T-shirt and sweatpants. My parents lived down the street, but she wound up waiting in the cold for an hour until they came home (because my sister was playing her rock music so loud in the basement she didn't hear the knocking).

I just wonder if anyone has been in a similar awkward predicament (including locking the keys in the car far from home).

[Er, if you had to break into your house, don't give any details how you did it, since who knows who might read this]

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:29 pm
Oh geez, yes, Tim....actually I should say MY husband locked us out of the house....twice. I have the type of door handles that lock but you can still open them from the inside and shut the door, and it'll be locked. Well I went outside to let my dog out before bed (it was autumn, so still quite nice outside) and he followed, nonchalantly shutting the door behind him. I immediately gasped and said "Did you unlock the handle?!" Luckily my parents live close and have a key to our house, so that was ok. The next time was the same exact situation - except this time it was dead of winter at 2am :banghead: :banghead: I wouldn't call my parents that time and he did have to break into the house :shock: After all that, we have a strict rule about the door handles :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:29 pm
When I was younger I was notrious for not taking my keys with me and being locked out. My mother would work so from about the age of 5 or 6 I would often sit and wait outside the house for up to 3 hours until she came home to let me in (which may explain why I am a little odd and stuff). Later on I learnt how to break into the house reasonably easy although once or twice I was hassled by someone walking by who thought I was some kid robbing the house :)

These days I am very good and never forget to take my keys with me...but yeah, I know what it's like to be locked out and not every winter evening was sunny either :(

Postby Rachel » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:12 pm
Hi Tim, luckily only the once in our old house. We did manage to break in through the cat flap but it took ages and made even more difficult by a licky dog trying to help! :lol:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:14 pm
NO :)

:haha:

Postby steveparkes » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:22 pm
lol - you're hardly likely to be locked out of anywhere are you Ian :)

I have managed to lock myself IN the lean-to of the flat in london..the door to the flat shut behind me and I didn't have my keys to the outer door..and so I was trapped in the hallway for about an hour. Luckily the bloke upstairs came home and I was able to get outside and went to the library for the afternoon until my girlfriend returned with her keys :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:24 pm
LOL :) :) :) :lol2: :haha: Its horible locking your self out well im worse than that im the one who locks my self in and cant get out. :) Hay eggie i know some one that can sort your door problem out. Hes a locksmith smurf. :D :)
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:34 pm
NO :)

:haha:

I should hope not Ian, you would be a fine locksmith if you had :)
Ive never locked myself out of anywhere but the key for our work front door snapped in the lock , locking us all out . We all had to sit on the doorstep for a while until the locksmith came to sort us out :D Lucie

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:17 pm
When I was little all the neighbours used to call on me to get into windows for them when they were locked out. I've lost count of the number of tiny windows I've climbed through for people, I really should have started charging for my services. :) :) It was because I was really skinny and good at climbing trees and things so I got a reputation, I think my mum and dad thought it was quite amusing neighbours knocking on the door and asking me to break into their houses for them. I've not locked myself out of my own home before but we did get locked out at my parents' once, but I climbed through a window so that was ok. :) :) :)

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:24 pm
I've lost count of the number of tiny windows I've climbed through for people, I really should have started charging for my services. :) :)

No you stick to selling smurfs :) :) :) :)

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:55 am
I knew Locksmith would love this thread, i bet he has some great tales to tell on people who he has rescued ! He told me a couple of stories once and i was LMAO ! Unrepeatable here tho !

:-D :beer:

Postby steveparkes » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:30 am
I was in Liverpool the other week Smurfing Beer..it's a fab place..look at the view from my hotel bedroom window:

Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:04 am
Great pics Steve !

Especially the second one, its awesome ! I love taking pics too, and they turned out really well !

Liverpool is one big building site at the moment, there are building sites and roadworks everywhere ! makes the city worse than what it is !

Hope you enjoyed your visit !

:-D :beer:

Postby steveparkes » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:20 pm
Liverpool is one big building site at the moment, there are building sites and roadworks everywhere ! makes the city worse than what it is !
I know..we had to do a 6mile detour to find the hotel car park because of roadworks :) but yes, I loved it :D

Postby Rachel » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:24 pm
They are fabulous pics Steve, you have really shown Liverpool at it's best. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:46 pm
Yes they are really lovely pics, I have been to Liverpool once but don't remember it looking as nice as that!

Postby steveparkes » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:05 pm
Cheers Karen & Rachel..I took loads of photos from my hotel rooms window..the view as the sun was setting/rising was truely stunning.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:07 pm
We have a Liverpool in Sydney (about 30 mins drive away)....but it's an absolute hole really....sorry to the Sydney residents of Liverpool :o

Those were nice pics Steve of Liverpool...is that the Mersey River there? Probably not...I don't know much about Liverpool except for the Soccer team (cos Aussie Craig Johnson used to play for them in the 80's) and also cos of the great John, Paul, George & Ringo.....I would still like to go there some day just to check it out.

Postby steveparkes » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 am
Yes it's the Mersey Dyar - as in the song 'ferry cross the mersey' :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:08 pm
Thanks Steve...up until I got into smurfs my whole education had been from music and lyrics. I doubt I would of ever heard of the Mersey if it wasn't for the Beatles and that song.
Page 1 of 2

Login