Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:30 pm
Is anyone in the UK near enough to make an evening trip to Blackpool? Just a question.. :) :)

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Erm, me ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:56 pm
Me too....well soon I will be especially if we survive the car ride with Karen behind the wheel.

I was a bit concerned when she suggsted the Freeway cos there are less things to hit on it.

:driver: :helpsign:

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:16 am
I was a bit concerned when she suggsted the Freeway cos there are less things to hit on it.
:omg: :haha:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:05 am
HA HA you monkey! :monkey:

I did shock my brother-in-law the other day when I was driving about in our big old espace because every time we went through a tight spot I told him to shut his eyes, which is what I often do, cos I am never quite sure I am gonna make it! :) :) :)

Mark, it should be a good motorway connection from where you live to Blackpool, how long would it take you to get there for a Monday evening? Is it doable?

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:20 am
Hi Karen,

Blackpool is a bit of a treck - around 150 miles from where I am. I think to make it for an evening around work would be difficult. If it was a weekend day it might be different, but I guess you are tring to work this into Dyar's trip?

(The problem with weekdays is that my availability is a bit unpredicatble - I often have to work late at work. If I didn't get away from work until 8 then it would be very late by the time I got to Blackpool)

Mark
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:23 am
Yes I only have the Monday without the kids, and obviously the weekend we are in Belgium. It's going to be a trek for us too if we can sort it but I'm a bit stupid like that! :) :) I went to Whitby for an afternoon once and I used to think nothing of driving to Sheffield for an evening drink. :) :)

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:06 am
It's not the driving that bothers me so much but the fact that I would probably have to turn round again as soon as I got there. Even if I left work on time I would be heading up the M6 at peak time (although I guess the toll road could help) and I don't know when I would get there.

If you are definite about going then let me know and I'll see if getting a half day off work would be possible or something. I can't promise though as the end of October is fairly heavy for our quarterly reporting :(
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:18 am
Ok will let you know once Andrew knows whether we can do things this way round. :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:25 am
My Dad once said to me let's go for a drive....which meant a casual drive from Sydney to Brisbane which is about 1200km.

That's one thing I used to like about my Dad...he liked to do spur of the moment things that took other people weeks to plan. I also used to love travelling in the car for long trips with the music on and new things to always see outside the window.

I think I miss those youthful days.

That's a shame that I won't get to meet you Mark but I understand how difficult that would be driving that far and especially leaving at that time of night.

Dyar

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:51 am
Hopefully I can sort something out Dyar! I haven't given up hope just yet.
Mark

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:29 am
It seems to be working out that we will go to Liverpool Monday 23rd October, do the Beatles tour bus (not Graham's bus but hoping he can come too!) and then on to Blackpool for the evening. Graham said something about taking Andrew on some sort of ride, not quite sure what he meant!

If anyone can get to these destinations then it would be great to meet up, and obviously we can confirm definite details once the flight is booked and Andrew knows he's definitely got time to do everything else he wants to do as well, cos seeing Rachel's smurf collection is a must. :-D

I'm also wondering if anyone knows anyone that does a regular journey into London from any areas in the west part of England (Wales/England border). Just thought it was worth asking the question.

Postby southernyacht » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:03 pm
Hi Karen,

Does Blackpool know what its letting itself in for?? :) :)

Unfortunately it's way too far for me down here on the South coast. London could possibly be an option though as I often have to commute there for work (I'm normally the one asleep by the time the train pulls out of the station......)

Cathy x :cat:

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:15 pm
Hello K ! That fair ground ride i was gonna take Dyar on is called The Big One ! Its a roller coaster, it only goes up about 230ft high, then drops straight down ! :) :) It gives you a great buzz tho ! Im sure he would like it ! :stars:

:-D :beer:

Postby steveparkes » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:37 pm
Its a roller coaster, it only goes up about 230ft high, then drops straight down

:-P
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Page 1 of 1

Login