Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:50 pm
I just wanted to wish the German members a happy St. Nikolaus Day...

I hope you have put your boots out and they were filled with lots of goodies.....I loved this custom when I grew up in Germany, and even in America, St. Nikolaus has always left something for me, even when I forgot to put the boot out :shock: :) :) :)

He came a bit early this year, namely today and left some very yummy chocolate for me....(picture below)

I love America...but ....they just don't make chocoloate like the Belgiums :smitten: , Germans (Milka :smitten: ) or Swiss (Lindt :mrgreen: )

I am not sure if other countries have the same custom, too...if you do, Happy St. Nikolaus day to you also. :D

P.S. for those that don't know about this custom...children (and some adults :) ) put their boots out on the eve of Dec 6 (St. Nikolaus Day) and find it filled with chocolate or goodies in the morning :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:57 pm

P.S. for those that don't know about this custom...children (and some adults :) ) put their boots out on the eve of Dec 6 (St. Nikolaus Day) and find it filled with chocolate or goodies in the morning :D
Well I didn't know till about 2 years ago :)
I was reminded of it last night as I was reading a christmas book to Kristy that she was taking to school for show and tell. It was a book her Nanna had printed for her which has her name in it and her friends called "My Christmas Adventure"

Kristy helps Santa deliver presents all over the world and explains all the customs different countries have. :D

It mentioned in Germany St Nikolaus comes on the 6th December :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:16 pm
Rae, that sounds like an interesting book.

I have to admit, the Christmas season is usually the only time I get a little bit home sick for Germany.... :shock:

I think the Germans have some wonderful customs throughout the month of December and I do miss that, although usually we have tried to keep those customs in the states also, which had to do with Granny spending the month of December here...... :-D

She is not here this year, so I will do it a bit differently 8)

I wasn't homesick enough this year though, as I did not accept an invitation to spend Christmas in Leonberg.... :o :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:17 pm
Hi,

I didn't know about this until last year. I happened to be staying in a hotel in Germany overnight. When I can out of my room in the morning I tripped over a stocking that had been left there with a Milka chocolate bunny inside. I hadn't got a clue why and I thought that I was lucky until I met up with my colleagues who had all had one as well. They know more than I did though :) :) :) :)

I like it :D
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:11 am
Awwwwwwwww thanks Maureen,

what a co-incident!!!! My mum bought the same X-mas tree shaped box of Ferrero Rocher for me, too. :) :smitten: Btw. the Dutch also celebrate St. Nikolaus. In the Netherlands, this holiday is called "Sinterklaas" and there are even great parades taking place on that day. However the Dutch celebrate this special day sometime between December 3rd- 5th. :)

Postby Michelle » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:26 am
Hello,
We do this also overhere in Belgium.
We take a shoe, put a carrot in for Sinterklaas his horse, and list with the presents you want and ofcourse a design for him and his helping hand 'zwarte Piet'. This have to stay a the fire. They walk from roof to roof. Chimney to chimney.
In the night he come's trough the chimney. He takes everything out the shoe. And left a lot of goodies for the children.
Chocolats, toys, fruit, cookies...

It's a real nice party-day.

Michelle

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:46 am
Wow, I didn't know that....that's what I love about this forum....in addition to smurfs you learn also about the different countries and their customs :D

Happy Sinterklaas Day to our friends from Belgium and the Netherlands :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:58 am

Happy Sinterklaas Day to our friends from Belgium and the Netherlands :-D
I second that. :-D

Postby Michelle » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:06 am
Thanks. cSame to you all.

I get some candy from my mum and from friends.
Yeh, indeed it's not only for children.
We still love this Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet.

Michelle

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:35 am
We still love this Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet.
I know how much you girls like your candy too!! :) :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:46 pm
Hi Maureen, we don't have this tradition but we want to adopt it. WE love chocolate too. Simon wants to adopt this tradtion too as he is a chocoholic. He laughed though as he said it will take alot of chocolate to fill his boots( they are a size 13) :)Happy St Nikolaus eve to you all

Postby Pitufo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:05 pm
Hi!!!!!We don´t celebrate St Nikolaus in Spain...December the 6th is the day of our Constitution...After about 40 years with a dictatorship, finally the spanish people got a Constitution in 1978, so today is a festive day for us...And 8th is festive too: the truth is that I don´t know how you say in english...The day of Inmaculate?...
JOAQUÍN

Postby trumanshower » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:53 pm
in northern france we also wish St Nicolas :cheers:
vive les schtroumpfs!! et vive les dragonautes!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Login