Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:19 pm
I was just looking out of the window and saw what you see on the pictures below...I had gotten used to seeing the two grown deers and was thanking the Lord that those are does and not bucks, as bucks would invite a lot of unvited gun crazy shooters to my property in November and December...

But today, I really got excited and had to take pictures...a little Bambi was among the does....

Even after 10 years of living in the backwoods, I still love the sight of deers, squirrels (to some degree) birds, rabbits (unless I have a garden), snakes right in my front and backyard....it's better than watching TV some days :-D

the dogs are so used to them by now,...they don't even bark anymore..and the deers eat right next to them :) :) :)

the pictures are blurry because I took them from inside my place as I knew the minute I go outside the deers will run away :D

:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:49 pm
Hi, Maureen!!!!!!!!You live in a very very nice place!!!!!!!!Lovely pics!!!!!!! :D :D
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:09 am
thank you Joaquin

I guess, I will always be a city gal, because I don't seem to get used to pictures like this and get very excited about deers in my back or front yard :-?
This has really been the first year that they have come closer to the house and don't seem to be worried about the dogs or me
I know a lot of people probably are used to seeing deers in their backyard...but I should explain..that deers have a real reason to hide around here
In my area hunting is really really really big. It's soooo huge that whereas men in most places only think about one thing...around here they usually only have hunting on their mind :o and that other thing...

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Michelle » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:32 am
WOW, :shock:

Great to see Bambi life with real anymals...
You have an amazing sight right there me think!!

I do this with the birds in my garden...my dad always asked me to take pictures of the birds in his garden and now I do the same in mine :D
Sometimes I have special ones, and last mai I had some families :)

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:45 am
WOW, you are so lucky living where you do Mazza, grea pictures ! :D

Michelle, how cute are those little ones too ? :grinning:

Great pictures, both of you :D

:-D :beer:

Postby FlamingO » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:57 am
That's a wonderful photo Maureen. I love it when you see animals that you don't see very often in their natural habitat, and to have that outside you're window is just superb :D

Not sure I'd be quite so happy to see the snakes though, even if they were harmless :no:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:14 am
Well, I was fibbing about those snakes :) :)

I don't actually like to watch them, although I no longer mind the non poisoneous ones that much....It's the poisenous ones that tend to creep up on you and bite the dogs :( :( :(

We had "Bring your child to work" day last Thursday, and in order to show the children what their parents really do at the office, management brought in snakes for the children to see and feel....I really didnt' know what to make of it as we usually don't deal with those slithering, creepy, and wringing creatures........but on second thought...well...maybe we do..with two legged ones......:scratchinghead: :shock:

sorry, off the topic again :? :)

this morning I saw four deers out there...and still no buck :D much to the disappointment of my stepfather :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby steveparkes » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:24 pm
Nice photos Maureen..Deers are a usual site in the park here in Teddington..if you sit quietly, you can get really close to them..they really are a beautiful animal

Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:16 pm
It's definitely baby deer season...my office has 3 new babies too. I took these pics last Wednesday. The deer come right into the front yard almost to the building sometimes.

:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:15 am
the deers probably have a better chance surviving hunting season at your house than at mine :banghead: :banghead:

but than...probably everything has a better chance at surviving at your house :shock: :shock: :shock: I just rescued two baby smurfs :banghead: :angry:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:38 am
It makes you wonder sometimes whether Stace actually gets any work done ....... :bolt: :pinksofa:

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:40 am
All lovely wildlife pics guys. :-D

I was in Margam Park (a local historical country park) a couple of weeks ago doing a concert and saw the baby deer......... so cute. :grinning:

but to be able to see them all the time. :wishing:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:37 pm
It makes you wonder sometimes whether Stace actually gets any work done ....... :bolt: :pinksofa:
That's such a dirty 4-letter word, Gray :shock:

And they would definitely survive hunters but not the major roadway and all the cars driving past :(
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:52 pm
Same here, Stace..... :( it is amazing what I usually see by the side of the road :(

I actually always said that my property is a safe haven for deers as no hunter is allowed on it...and I even chased two of them away when I first moved here (actually I think the first one was so suprised at seeing a German come to him and talking to him that he figured he better leave....after an argument that I won :-D )

then...everything changed..when Mum got married....to an avid hunter :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :(

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:12 pm
Same here, Stace..... :( it is amazing what I usually see by the side of the road :(
When you were driving us around down TN I found our car quite often heading off the side of the road.

:) :) :) :) :)

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:27 pm
:) :) :)

Well, you know what they say...it does'nt matter how or when..as long as you do get to your destination

I think that was definitely true when you were here :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 1

Login