Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:53 pm
I am pretty sure we have a thread like this...but I am lazy and also don't have much time right now and only skim reading this forum... :o

However, Stace's picture of her SCCI smurf made me wonder who else has these smurfs and if they would be willing to share their pictures with the rest of us SCCIless collectors :-? :???:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:54 pm
Not me, that's for sure :) :) , but there are a few who have some of them, if not all, and i'm sure they will respond to ya Mosey :D

:-D :beer:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:09 pm
I know me, Doreen, Christy and Luciefer have newly acquired SCCIs and Steve P has all but one of them...his site is down right now but when it's back, you need to check out his site :shock: Not sure who else has these little guys but I know there must be more too.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby steveparkes » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:48 am
Hi Maureen, yep I have all but 1 of the SCCI smurfs, as Stace says my site is down right now (as the hosting company deleted it, they say they sent me emails to renew but I never got any)..I'll post some photos on here later for you.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:55 am
Hiya Moey, Simon has the SCCI smurf holding elephant, the one with the pig, one with a dove, one with a lady bug and the papa with the blackboard. I will get him to post some pictures for you later :-D Lucifer

Postby JimEII » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:49 am
I am fortunate to have all of the SCCI Smurfs. I collected them when I was a member. I joined the club in it's seventh year (1993) and bought them each year they were released. I believe they cost somewhere around $20.00 initially. Suzzanne insisted on transferring any old figures, with documents herself, this way she could authenticate the proper ownership. As previous figures became available she would offer them for sale in her newsletter, on a first come basis. I found an old receipt for the Smurf with Elephant dated 1995, in which I payed $135.00 for back then. They appreciated in value very quickly.

All transactions back then were done by mail, so you had to be quick with your reponse once her newsletter arrived. Fortunately, she lived in down state New York, and later in my membership I was able to talk with her by phone often.

Jim II

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:22 am
Thanks everybody for your responses......and congrats to owning these....

Jim, thank you for that information...it was very interesting :D

Steve, I am sorry to hear about your website...I have been looking at it from time to time and always enjoyed it....You have so many rare smurfs..I hope you will be able to get it back up soon :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:31 am
Its good to know you got them as a member Jim, that must have been great :D A nice delivery every year :)

Postby Rachel » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:43 am
That is great info to read Jim, Thanks. :-D

Very interesting to see just how much these figures have gone up in value. I suppose though that Suzanne did put a lot of work into keeping the authentic figures documented which is great to know and makes it all the more important to make sure the certificate comes with the figure. :D

Sorry to hear about your hosting company problems Steve. I really hope your site is back up and running very soon as I love drooling over many of your smurfs. :fingersx:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:21 am
Great info Jim , its great to hear from Collectors like yourself who were in the orginal smurf collectors club. We would have loved to have been in the scci club. I bet looking back now at the price you paid for your figures its hard to beleive how much they currently sell for. We got one Piece from Pete @ Mushroom Village. He currently holds all the info on the figures. Our other figures came from collectors from America. Luckily all came with original certificates . :D

Postby naish510 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:35 am
here are some pics of my super smurf Scci

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:03 am
Thanks for the picture, Christy....I haven't seen this one too often yet :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:57 pm
Here's ours :-D

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:53 pm
Great pics guys ! They are just..............to smurf for ! :love:

:-D

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:29 pm
Great pics guys ! They are just..............to smurf for ! :love:

Thanks Gray, i was trying to think of something to fill in the blank on your post. I know i must stop editing your posts. Im afraid to say im a bit pissed so i cant think of much . Too much wine :partyon: naughty lucie

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:39 pm
:) :) Awww, hope your enjoyment continues thro the night Lucie, i take it you drank, and watched the rugby ? :) :)

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:41 pm
No, watched a bit of rugby whilst Simon was fixing the heating. It went horribly wrong(the heating) and we had a superb water feature in the bedroom :) It drove me to drink :-D the rugby score helped although :D Luciefer

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:45 pm
:haha: I hope its all fixed, otherwise its scuba gear for bed tonight ! :???:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:49 pm
Its fixed now, thank goodness. I thought at one point we were going to end up with a water bed :-D

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:51 pm
That's good to hear Luciefer, Simon is obviously better at DIY than i am ! :D

Page 1 of 2

Login