Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby bradley » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:41 am
Hey, just got 20441 Sprinter and noting down the markings. I found it interesting that his mold number I have was "0". I have never recorded another smurf with a mold number of zero. It surprised me a little. Anyone else have a zero mold number?

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:01 am
Hi Brad

I have packed away all of my smurfs up to 20181 so I was happy to report this is one of the few still standing....um....crouching......whatever

Anyway....

Mine has a little "3" as the mould number on one of his butt cheeks.....so your's is different to mine.

I haven't paid too much attention to the mould numbers so i couldn't say if I had a "0" mould number or not but if I did it would most likely be only one smurf as it wouldn't be very common I would think.....but something does tell me I have seen the "0" mould number before somewhere in my collection. If I come across it then I will certainly let you know.

Dyar

Postby bradley » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:20 am
Thanks Dyar. I usually record down the mold number as well into my excel sheet for each smurf. I just found this mold number to be different. Never came across a zero, and wouldn't have thought they'd use a zero for a mold number. yeah, this number is on his butt cheek as well.

Brad.

Postby Tojo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:40 am
That's interesting Brad. I've not seen a 0 mold number either. I've got smurfs where I can't find a number for the life of me (even with the help of a bright light & magnifying glass) but no zeros.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tintin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:09 am
Yes this is interesting.
I never seen this before so i have take a look at mine and yes
mine has a nr 0 to !!!
Strange but true !?!?

Tintin

Postby Rachel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:35 pm
Hi Brad, great discovery. :-D

Like Dyar, both my sprinter smurfs have a number 3 mold mark but again, also like him, I do vaguley remember seeing a 0 mold number and thinking it was odd. Mind you, without checking the feet of every smurf I haven't got a clue where. If I do come across one, I shall certainly let you know. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby samismurf » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:47 pm
could you post a picture of it because im really curious to seee that, nice discovery
sam the deal finder :sherlock:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:30 pm
That's exactly how I feel Rach....I couldn't tell you which one has it but I know I have one somewhere.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 pm
Brad, my sprinter is zero too - I just checked. I looked through my list as well and that is the only zero...the highest mold I have is 15, FYI. Only the McD ones are that high.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bradley » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:46 am
lol, I should have checked through my list first before posting as I've just found that I have another smurf with a 'zero' mold number. I didn't realise this so must not have thought anything of it originally, just saw this sprinter one yesterday and thought it was odd. My 20012 Mechanic has a zero mold number as well. Well I guess there are other smurfs with the zero mold number. I just think it's odd to use a zero for a mold number anyway.

Brad.

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:56 pm
Good to know Stace and Brad, Thanks. :-D

I agree, it does seem odd to have a 0 mold but who knows the hows and whys from Schleich. In a way, sometimes the mysteries are exciting but it would be good to be able to ask someone with first hand knowledge sometimes so we could find out more details. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Michelle » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:40 am
I have to look in our stock because mine is having nr 1... :bolt:

Michelle

Postby Nuts about smurfing » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:12 am
Hi guys, interesting one. I have just checked and don't have any mould 0 smurfs. I have recorded a santa smurfette 20153 with having a mould number of 31. I am tempted to say tha this is a typo though - I can't check as my smurfs are still boxed up :D As pointed out above, the other high numbers that I have are McDonalds smurfs.
Mark
Smurfcount: 726 - Regulars needed: 2 - Supers needed: 27 - Promos, sockels & other stuff needed: 213,445,387,675,897,789

Postby ChunkMasterMC » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:09 pm
One of my Drummer Smurfs has a 0 as a mould marking.
ChunkMasterMC :music:
Page 1 of 1

Login