Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Simon X » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:43 am
Did anybody here knows about this smurf..?
If I understood the text correctly, it is a soccer club's called desportiva de mar promo smurf?

http://cgi.ebay.de/visser-smurf-smurfen ... dZViewItem

I'm sorry the auction already ends in an hour.

Postby Rachel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 am
Hi Simon, interesting item. :D

I don't think I have ever seen one like this before, certainly not in any guides. Whether it is genuine or not, I really don't know. Personally, I am always cautious with items like this as it is so easy to just add a figure to a base but to be honest, I just don't know. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Max » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Hallo, I've one.
Was made in 1980 for a Portuguese fishing club, located in Infesta, near Porto, if I am correct.
I checked also the date which is written on the label on base: it was a Sunday, ideal for fihising!
The fishing happening was sponsorized by Maia & Borges, toy industry in Portugal, which produced smurfs too.
2 years later another promo was released, a tennis smurf with a flag in hand, always with writings.
Hope to have been useful.
Max

Postby Gerda » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:19 pm
Hallo, I've one.
Was made in 1980 for a Portuguese fishing club, located in Infesta, near Porto, if I am correct.
I checked also the date which is written on the label on base: it was a Sunday, ideal for fihising!
The fishing happening was sponsorized by Maia & Borges, toy industry in Portugal, which produced smurfs too.
2 years later another promo was released, a tennis smurf with a flag in hand, always with writings.
Hope to have been useful.
Max
This was very usefull max! :D It's always nice to find out about new promos (ok it's an old one but I never knew about it before, so it's new to me)

Gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:51 pm
Hi Max, Thanks for the information. :thanks2:

Like I said, having not seen one I had no idea but to hear you also have one with the relevant details is great to hear. Very useful to know. :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:30 am
I have never heard of these either so it was interesting to read Max, well I still need to Get Smart on all of the promos out there cos I am still a phoney shoe-in as a chief expert I guess.

Good thinking nighty-night :sleep:

Dyar

PS - Sobriety does this to me, I do apologise for the kaos

Postby FlamingO » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Looked like a nice smurf :-D

It's a shame he doesn't accept Paypal cause he often has nice things go at a good price, but I've found him very pleasant to buy from in the past :D

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:36 pm
Looked like a nice smurf :-D

It's a shame he doesn't accept Paypal cause he often has nice things go at a good price, but I've found him very pleasant to buy from in the past :D

hi! I fully agree with what you said!

also nice to know there are two promo smurfs we can all hunt for!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Max » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:42 pm
I have a pic of the two promos. If someone tells me how to reduce the size, I attach it. So everybody can have an idea about what they look like.
It wights 350 kb.
Thanks!
Max

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:51 pm
Hi Max, either post the pic as it is and I will make it smaller or do you have any photo editing software. I always use Paint Shop Pro so I am not sure the easiest way to make them smaller using Windows. :D

Postby Max » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:11 am
Pic :D

Postby Rachel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:40 am
Hi Max, that is a lovely picture of two wonderful smurfs. Thanks for sharing it with us. :thanks2:

I have never seen these two before so I am glad to have learnt something new this weekend. :cheers:

Postby Tojo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:44 am
They are excellent! It looks like the club perhaps made them themselves but who cares. I like them a lot.

I suppose it's like the Commerzbank ice hockey player - not sanctioned by Commerzbank but a great promo anyway. I'd love one of those myself being a bank employee. Fat chance though :(
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Postby Max » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:49 am
Since a lot of years I've a dilemma: someone told me that the original Commerzbank promos sould have white mold.
But I have never seen one white molded.
Usually they have light yellow mold, white painted..........
:-? :-? :-?
What do you think?
Max

Postby Tojo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:52 am
I must admit I've never seen one in the flesh / PVC so I can't help there. I've only seen photos of them. :( I'd love to have one though. After working for Commerzbank for 12 years I feel as though I've earnt one :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tintin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:14 pm
Hi Max

I agree Max, the commerzbank i have seen are all from a yellow rholing with white paint.
Never seen a white rholing, i was thinking the same as you in the beginning.
But now i am sure.

Tintin
Page 1 of 1

Login