Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:35 pm
This is probably old news to most renowned collectors here, but I was so excited last night and am still a bit excited today that I just had to share this..

After going shopping with two very renowned smurf collectors (well, one of them apparently likes to describe himself as "a bit of a collector" :) ) and watching them looking very carefully at every smurfy behind in a way that I felt a bit left out (kidding :) ) because I have never known how much can be found on the backside of a smurf, I decided to take a better look myself at my own smurfs and lo and behold I discovered I have many more variations than I expected :-D

I also found these cowboy variations (clearly seen without looking at the behind) and I was excited that I discovered them myself...so I thought I share a picture with you :-D I knew there were at least two visible variations out of this cowboy but had no idea about the third one :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:05 pm
Very nice. and so it begins.. one variation, maybe two and before you know it you are keeping smurfs just becaue someone spilled a drop of paint on a place wehre a drop of paint should not go :) :) It's a never ending cycle :???:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby SMURFYLADY1779 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:10 pm
Hi Maureen,

I love your cowboys. I've been trying to catalog my collection. I've been taking pictures of the smurfs in groups of four. I wish I could download the photo but I'm forever having technical problems. I have the three cowboy smurfs in your picture plus a 4th. Two have the Brown rope and the light and darker brown outfits. Two have the white rope and the light and darker outfits. I've had these for quite a while so I'm pretty confident the colors are authentic. I noticed on the lighter brown, there is a tint of red, mine has that also. I wonder if there are other variations out there.......

Doreen

Postby SMURFYLADY1779 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:13 pm
Sorry ....I meant the darker cowboy with the white has a tint of red. Strange how it shows up on the darker brown.

Doreen
Postby eggie smurf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:44 am
because I have never known how much can be found on the backside of a smurf, I decided to take a better look myself at my own smurfs and lo and behold I discovered I have many more variations than I expected :-D
It was a little disturbing yesterday when the "bit of a collector" saw my cow collection in my office and immediately turned one over to look at her udders! :!:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:32 pm
How many collections do you have, Stace? :-?

Smurfs, pigs, cows, Syd, :-? :-?

I don't think I can keep you with you anymore :eek: :o

And better keep an eye on the "bit of a collector" or before you know it he will be looking for variations of different toys in a toystore :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:47 pm
Sorry Mo, I missed this post earlier. :oops:

You are learning well and by the looks of it, have found your "smurf eye" :eye: :)

Well spotted on the different cowboys, they are all very nice. :clap:

Now then, do they all have their neck ties painted around the back of their necks??? :sprint:
Very nice. and so it begins.. one variation, maybe two and before you know it you are keeping smurfs just becaue someone spilled a drop of paint on a place wehre a drop of paint should not go
:haha:

Oh Gerda, how right you are. :sofunny:
It was a little disturbing yesterday when the "bit of a collector" saw my cow collection in my office and immediately turned one over to look at her udders!
Why is it I do not find this statement shocking? :)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:25 am
Did i mention i not only kissed a cow and tried to milk it......but I clung to the right leg of a huge cowboy.....yeah, Americans can be very strange

Nice variations Mosephine.....I was going to mention the neck ties too like Rach did.....some do and some don't have the red hankerchief painted red around the back of the neck.

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Mine all have their neckies painted red.....but I'll be watching for a cowboy who hasn't :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:42 pm
isn't it amazing how you can miss something like that :banghead: there is just so much to look at when getting a new smurf.. but it is fun!! When it stops being fun I will give it up!

gerda
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login