Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby luppolo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:44 am
Hi guys! :D

Maybe there is a new lot of fake smurfs from HK... :(
I've found some auction that selling the smurfs in the picture (in Italy but now also in Germany).
I've touched with hand these smurfs and I can say that they are 99% fake!
The PVC is harder than original and the colours are not so perfect...

Do you have more information about this lot?

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:54 am
Hi Luppolo! :)

We had many discussions on those fakes, eg. http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=8263. It's a shame that some German sellers have just started to sell them,too. :angry: :angry: :banghead:

Postby luppolo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:58 am
Thanks Ritter! I've lost that post...

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:59 am
You are always welcome Luppolo!!! :D

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:26 am
Hi luppolo, yes these fakes are starting to appear quite regularly now. :???:

Always good to be reminded though so Thank You for posting. I think these were first noticed in Holland late last year and have since been popping up on Ebay quite often.

Here is another thread as well where they have been discussed. :D

http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=8890

I have not seen these smurfs in person yet but would like to one day. :sherlock:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby luppolo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:26 am
Hi Rachel!

I've noticed also that the marks under the feet have a font bold, less defined than the original and the colour is soft such as the colour from an aerograph... :sherlock:

Postby Rachel » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:38 pm
Thanks for the info luppolo, that is good to know about the markings. :-D

Yes, I agree, from some of the larger pics I have seen the paint does look softer from a spray, I think this is what you mean. :D

Postby bradley » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:00 am
yeah, that was the assortment of smurfs selling with the fake baseball smurfette at last years fair in Adelaide. Wonder if they will be at the fair again this year (only a couple months to go).

Brad.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:04 am
I dont think i'd be able to cope if i was just starting out collecting now ! So many fake smurfs about and dodgy repaints too !

Thank the heavens for all you wise people on Blue Cavern :worship: :worship:

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:33 am
yeah, that was the assortment of smurfs selling with the fake baseball smurfette at last years fair in Adelaide. Wonder if they will be at the fair again this year (only a couple months to go).

Brad.
Hi Brad, that is interesting hear, Thanks. :thanks2:

I hadn't realised the other smurfs in the "fake" set were also being sold by the same seller in Adelaide last year. :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:15 pm
yeah, that was the assortment of smurfs selling with the fake baseball smurfette at last years fair in Adelaide.
:iagree:

Smurf with pumpkin, baseball catcher, baseball smurfette, #1 teacher, Indian. I don't remember seeing Astro and BP though.
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby bradley » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:06 am
yeah, that was the assortment of smurfs selling with the fake baseball smurfette at last years fair in Adelaide.
:iagree:

Smurf with pumpkin, baseball catcher, baseball smurfette, #1 teacher, Indian. I don't remember seeing Astro and BP though.
I can sort of recall BP, but not sure on the astro smurf.

Brad.
Page 1 of 1

Login