Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:52 am
If you get another Jogger you could put brown playdoh on his raised foot and call it the Dyar Smurf in England variation
:haha:

Hi Cheesy, like Dyar, I don't think I have ever seen the jogger with a yellow top before either. Did you get him from USA?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:52 am
Sorry Cheesy, but I'd also assume that the yellow jogger is a fake imho.

Postby FlamingO » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:37 pm
Well done on getting your smurf Steve :D This is actually one of my personal faves :-D

Postby SMURFYLADY1779 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:13 pm
Congratulations on the orange jogger. I think the orange were more common in the USA, I have three orange and two red. I have noticed that on the orange the white is not as crisp as on the red. The white resembles the white on the fireman smurf. I do like that yellow, I love the variations. It may be my favorite thing about collecting.

Smurfylady :cheers:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:40 pm
Congrats, Steve :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:21 pm
Hi Guys,
Sorting my smurfs (again) and putting them in some kind of order on different shelves, I have noticed three different joggers I have and I was pretty excited about it when I remembered this threat..

I don't think my pale one is a yellow jogger as it is clearly orange, but as you can see on the picture, there are two different shades of orange among the three...At first I assumed one may be faded, but I don't think so as the blue in the smurf and the grey and also the green base aren't faded. The markings are the same on both. W. Berrie &Co, Schleich, Peyo, Made in HongKong,1983

Do you think this is a variation? From the back they look the same shade but from the front and the side they are clearly different :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:44 pm
Hi Mosey, yes they do clearly look different colours don't they. :-D

I would certainly keep it as a variation although, as you know, I am particularly picky. I am sure there are some collectors who wouldn't consider it as a true variation with the same markings and put it down to a slightly different shade of paint but there will be others who would keep him. Now, what are YOU going to do? :lol:

Graet find. :cheerz:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:30 am
Hi Moey

I would still keep it but if it had the same shade on the back then i would say it has been faded a little.....but I would still keep it anyway and I will come down there and check it out/steal this one as well later this week

Dyar

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:08 pm
me thinks, that after having gotten them all out for some kind of a royal visit from the smurf world...I may have to put them back into hiding... :eek: :shock: :shock: :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Michelle » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Congrats to Steve! I like this one a lot!

And Cheesy, wow, never seen the yellow one! :shock:

Michelle

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:59 am
I bought the yellow jogger long time before in a lot coming from France.
But I have never seen this variation again... I suspect it is unique...

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:34 am
...I may have to put them back into hiding... :eek: :shock: :shock: :) :) :)
Why do you think all mine are packed away?? LOL!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Oprime » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:36 am
...two different shades of orange among the three...
I think the difference is quite clear (assuming the colour is the same all over) and the more yellowish one is not very far from being actually yellow. Whatever Rachel and Dyar say, I'd consider it a variation if it was in my collection :). I'll PM you my address just in case you ever get tired of having it occupying space from real variations.

P :eek:
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:53 pm
:) :)

That is good to know, Pauli

Well, Dyar had a look at the smurf when he was here and told me to keep it :D the orange on the back is the same as that of the other smurf, so the front may be faded but the difference is pretty obvious...I am just confused because it is only the orange that is different in shade, not the blue of the smurf...I found another one that is very much lighter (not yellow though) all around...Not sure if that one is faded or not :-? ....but I think I keep all four of my joggers for now :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Rachel » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:01 pm
Whatever Rachel and Dyar say, I'd consider it a variation if it was in my collection
But, but, but I said to keep it as a variation. :o :winks:

Postby Oprime » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:03 am
....emmm....yes you did. I wonder what I was thinking :eek: Well, good that we agree :)

P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:54 pm
....emmm....yes you did. I wonder what I was thinking :eek: Well, good that we agree :)

P
:-D :hug:
Page 2 of 2

Login