Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3

How Complete Is Your Collection?

Complete collection of regular, super and special series smurfs.
28%
Complete collection of regular and super smurfs.
13%
Complete collection of regular smurfs.
2%
Getting close to completing, less that 10 to go.
13%
No where near completing but will get there one day.
34%
Not intending to ever complete the collection but I love the smurfs I have.
11%
Total votes : 47

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 am
Hi guys, in honour that Raelene has just finished the basic collection I thought it might be fun to know how many other members here have also completed it and how many are close. :-D

I know there are slight differences to opinions of what the basic collection consists of, ie. all regulars & supers, all regulars, supers & special series (Xmas, Easter, Historical) so I will give a few options. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:45 am
I think the Bundesliga smurfs should also be counted as special smurfs :)

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:00 am
I think the Bundesliga smurfs should also be counted as special smurfs
No no no no no no :)

Nice try Cheesy. :-D

Postby steveparkes » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:05 am
Afraid I had to say not a complete collection of either normals or supers :( I still need 8 supers and about 30 normals before I am complete...one day, one day!
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:50 am
Just the red and green school cones to go!

Now if I can just stop buying smurfs on sharpeners and cute plush I might be able to save up for them!
Trish :wave2:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:28 am
A poll in my honour 8) :)

I picked the first option :woohoo:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:43 am
Great poll Rachel !

Looks like Rae is pleased as punch ! :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Oprime » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:09 am
Had to vote "not even close" even though I feel that I'm rather close...ish. Still need 21 normals and about 30 Supers. One by one we go :-D I wonder how many Smurfs the forum members have alltogether??

P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:51 am
Interesting results so far guys. :-D

Steve, with a collection like yours with so many lovely promos and your fantatsic SCCI smurfs, I really wouldn't worry too much. I for one certainly have a great respect for the way you have built your collection, very sensible indeed. :grinning:

Pauli, I did debate a few moments what the number should be to be considered close to finishing and it was difficult to decide. I would say with only 21 regulars left to go you are very close to the finish line. :hi5:
I wonder how many Smurfs the forum members have alltogether??
What an interesting thought. Yup, I would love to know that figure too. :-D

I really don't know my exact figure at the moment but I would guess in the region of 2000 for me. :D

Postby Tojo » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:32 am
I went for the last choice. Not that I wouldn't like to have all the smurf figures - I'm just being realistic; I'll never manage it. It's taken me 3 years to get half of the normals & some of the supers & know I'll never be able to afford the rarites. And then there are zillions of promos such as the 'Commerzbank' ice-hockey player which would be great to have.

I'm just being realisic. I love looking at my smurf cupboard & wish I had more space so that I could show off my plush ones too.

btw. I have around 286 smurfs all told which isn't many by most peoples standards but the collection is growing at a snails pace
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:36 pm
I actually only need very few smurfs to complete the basic collection, but I doubt I will manage to get them any time soon, so I am not really trying at the moment....Things, like Sockels, non pvc smurfy items, food, pets, clothes and house maintenance get in my way :) :)

And I am no where close to completing the special smurfs (are promos counted among them?)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:46 pm
And I am no where close to completing the special smurfs (are promos counted among them?)
Hi Mo, I count the special series as Christmas, Easter and Historical. I think if we were to count promos as well, nobody would ever complete anything. :lol:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:55 pm
:relieved:

that is good to know, Rachel......I think I am close to complete these, too, then...only need a few more easter smurfs :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby FlamingO » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:44 pm
Need 10 normals smurfs and 7 super smurfs :-D

But on the downside - I probably have the 17 most expensive ones still to get :(

Once basic is complete it'll be fun to start collecting some of the more ''interesting'' smurfs - I think this currently sits at about 2 of them :)

Postby samismurf » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 pm
I have about 80 smurfs left to complete normal collection( though I started a year ago collecting back, so I think its quite good) and I think I will never finish the super smurf collection but will try to.....but not as hard as the regular. When I will complete my collection, I think I will go for the variations and the promos of the regular set. :)
sam the deal finder :sherlock:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:59 am
I still need fifty-nine normals, fifty-seven supers and twenty specials to complete my basic collection. However I have a lot of variations, which I love as well. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:53 am
I count the special series as Christmas, Easter and Historical. I think if we were to count promos as well, nobody would ever complete anything. :lol:
Uh-oh...I picked the wrong option then (I blame it on being blond...or, erm, wait, I'll blame it on Dyar :winks:) I should have chosen the first one as well, not the second :sillyme: Maybe I'll read the post first next time :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Gerda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:25 am
I ask you this.. Is anyone ever done with there collection?? Sure you can say you have one of each, but knowing there are so many variations out there it is really a never ending story...

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:36 am
I ask you this.. Is anyone ever done with there collection?? Sure you can say you have one of each, but knowing there are so many variations out there it is really a never ending story...

gerda
I think that is one of the best things I love about this hobby Gerda, it really is never ending. I honestly don't think there is a person in the world who can say they have absolutely every single variation, promo, smurfy item etc. that there has been. :-D

Interesting to see the votes so far. :D

Postby Gerda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:39 am
I think that is what I love about the smurfs too, Even just to see what is all out there is crazy. There was just SOOO much stuff made and to think every language had it's own version of something and it is just a little different. Amazing really!! Mind boggeling too!! :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 3

Login