Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 06, 2007 7:03 am
I have two sets of Mini-smurfs that I am not sure what they are :?

I have seen the first ones called smurf charms, necklaces, or zipper smurfs...Does anybody know who released them and what they are really called?

The second set have no markings and are about the same size as the sleepwalker playfigures are..However, they are made of probably cheap really hard plastic ..Does anybody know anything about them? :?

Sorry for the questions, I know that there might not be much information out about them. I just like to get down to the nitty gritty, and I am knows to be always on the quest for unnecessary details.... :-? :banghead: :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Simon X » Sun May 06, 2007 7:28 am
Hi, about the first group I don't know very much, but it seems like they are fakes (???) from Honk Kong (???) or so. I often see an auction with these smurfs, but I can't find it at the moment...
There are few more excisting, but I don't know them exactly...I think, at least it was a baby and the bride...Not sure. I'll post a link to the auction if I find it.

The second group are the mini-smurfs. I do have six different of them. Perhaps I'll soon post a picture. They are on page 308 and 309 in the DSK and there are 30 different mini smurfs. But there should be more. I don't kno much baout them, but I remember having heard they came from chewing cum automats?

edit: Here are the two photos of my minies:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 06, 2007 7:43 am
Thanks Simon :D A gum automat would make sense :-D

I have gotten some other small toys out of them that were made of the same kind of plastic :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Simon X » Sun May 06, 2007 7:48 am

Postby baboune » Sun May 06, 2007 9:59 am
Hi

about the little blue smurfs, I know there is a serie of 16 that were inserted in laundry detergent boxes from the "OMO" company. If the ones you have are from this set there should me a OMO marking somewhere on the figure...... Here are some pictures of the complete set of 16 figures

Postby Rachel » Sun May 06, 2007 1:06 pm
Hi Maureen, I think your questions ahve been answered, Thanks guys :D

Even though they are unlicensed, I think the little charm smurfs are very cute indeed. I was very lucky to be given a set of these at the first Passion I went to. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 06, 2007 1:40 pm
Thanks Simon and Daniel for your help :D

My mini smurfs didn't have the Omo logo on them...I am still planning on getting some one day though :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby baboune » Sun May 06, 2007 3:48 pm
Hi again Rachel.

Just a small precision about the set of "Omo" smurfs. Since they all have a "Peyo 1983" marking along with the "Omo" marking, would they be considered like licensed stuff?

Smurfy regards! Daniel :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun May 06, 2007 10:23 pm
Hi again Rachel.

Just a small precision about the set of "Omo" smurfs. Since they all have a "Peyo 1983" marking along with the "Omo" marking, would they be considered like licensed stuff?
Hi Daniel

When Rach was saying they are unlicensed smurfs....she was referring to the painted ones that seem to be selling out of Hong Kong at the moment like in the auction above.

The OMO minis and the other minis without the OMO marking pictured above as well as others not pictured here that are actually painted that have the Peyo marking are definately authentic. I just thought I would jump in as Rach might be busy working or sipping at the moment.

Just for the record...I have some of the fake minis and I think they look really cool and are pretty well done.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon May 07, 2007 3:50 am
Hi Daniel, yep I was referring to the little charm smurfs. :-D

As far as I know, the mini OMO's were licensed. :D

Postby Yonna » Mon May 07, 2007 8:44 am
I bought one of the mini angels from Xav at the Passion. Mine is just like on that on pic: a jewellery to a cellular phone. No markings though...but I love it!!
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:19 am
Hi there,

Just to clarify: There is only 16 OMO figures which could be found in the packets: They are the light blue ones on the pics above.

The dark blue ones (see on the 2nd of Simon X's pic) are from another set of figures which where for another promotion in Germany I believe. (forgotten who). DSK IV mentions them.

I don't know the origin of the very light blue one in that same pic: I do have some of them, but they are not the same as the OMO ones.

The Smurfy mobile phone charms are much more recent and come from the far east.

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 08, 2007 5:32 pm
Thanks everybody for the information...

On a slightly different subject...(not that I would ever change the subject :dream: but I started this one, so I guess I can do it 8-) 8-) )

I think we have some exciting months ahead of us...regarding new websites...

I can already tell that David's new website will be a great teaching tool,...Christy's website will be outstanding...I think Dominique will have many unusual items to show and I have a feeling Cheesy is working on one, too...Yep (:yes:) I'd say we have some exciting months ahead of us.. :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Wed May 09, 2007 7:01 am

I can already tell that David's new website will be a great teaching tool,...Christy's website will be outstanding...I think Dominique will have many unusual items to show and I have a feeling Cheesy is working on one, too...Yep (:yes:) I'd say we have some exciting months ahead of us.. :-D
That is great news!! I can have more websites to drewl over!!

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Wed May 09, 2007 9:40 am
Thanks everybody for the information...

On a slightly different subject...(not that I would ever change the subject :dream: but I started this one, so I guess I can do it 8-) 8-) )

:iagree:

I totally agree Maureen, it is a very exciting time with so many more websites on the way. It has been amazing seeing so many websites emerge over the last few years and wonderful to be able to see so many collections and see so much smurfy information now.

There were so few sites around when I first started mine, mainly German ones with a few American and one or two Canadian and French sites but now we have sites from all over the world which means cross referencing with other countries is an excellent way of learning and what I really love seeing is everyones different personalities in their sites. :-D

Keep them coming. :cheerz:
Page 1 of 1

Login