Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 4:00 am
Your new website sound's great Dragon ! Look forward to seeing it :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue May 08, 2007 9:33 am
Sounds like you are up to some good there David.....actually it sounds highly impressive and I cannot wait to see it as I know I am one who could learn a lot from what you know about sockels.

Good luck with it and I can't wait to see it :cheers:

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue May 08, 2007 11:38 am
I have decided to make a web sites for sockels (and a few other things which are not covered on other sites). The aim will be to expose "bad practice" about these and show how easily it is to get caught...

The web site is "under way" but not ready yet... I'll let you know of course!
That is EXCELLENT news David. :joy:

This is an area that has been lacking in information on the internet and will be a great resouce for all of us. Sorry to hear you have had a few recent problems with sockels. I really have very little knowledge on these so I for one will be very interested to learn more about them from you. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tojo » Tue May 08, 2007 12:14 pm
I'm really looking forward to what you put together David as I really don't know much about them.

I wonder, were they released directly by Schleich. I mean, there just seem to be so many of them with different texts & different smurfs. Did they ever appear in the Schleich catalogues? Were they sent out blank so that retailers could somehow print the messages on them :-? As you can see I'm totally clueless :banghead:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Pitufo » Tue May 08, 2007 4:53 pm
Hi, David!!!!!!!!!!Good news for all the collectors!!!!A site with info about sockels!!!!!!!!We all wait :hyper:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 08, 2007 5:21 pm
Hi Baboune,

Yeap Sockels are great... although I had said once upon the time that I would never collect sockels.. I now have just a few short of 300.

However, I got really annoyed recently because more and more fakes are around... And often you cannot tell from a picture on eBay and you only find out when you receive them...

I have been caught out 3 times recently and got rather disheartened by the whole thing...

I have decided to make a web sites for sockels (and a few other things which are not covered on other sites). The aim will be to expose "bad practice" about these and show how easily it is to get caught...

The web site is "under way" but not ready yet... I'll let you know of course! :)
Oh David, that is wonderful news....I was hoping secretly you would do one and I know I will use it a lot for a reference guide about sockels...I agree with you, it is very disheartening to see all the fakes out there and they are hard to tell from a picture..

I am really looking forward to your new site.. :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 2 of 2

Login