Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Simon X » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:02 am
I'll be away in the next weeks a few times. At first on a trip with my schoool class to Trier from now (I have to hurry :) ) till Tuesday.
Bye

Postby Tojo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:00 am
Viel Spaß in Trier Simon :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:39 am
I hope you have a good time, Simon :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:41 am
Dyar says.....have lots of fun Simon :cheers:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: 8)

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:52 am
Hi Simon, have a great time. :mosh:

We shall look forward to your stories when you get back. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:44 am
Hope you have a great time!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:41 pm
Hope you have a great time, Simon :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby naish510 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:42 am
Have a great holiday Simon !!!!! :cheers:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:29 am
Trier is a wonderful town!!! :D Been there twice. :D Do you go to Luxemburg,too? Anyway, have a great time, Simon!!! :)

Postby Simon X » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:49 pm
Thanks for your replies, here is a little report about the trip:

I don't think, all of you know Trier? Well, it is the oldest German city in the west in Rheinland-Pfalz that is famous for his Roman past and was called Augusta Treverorum. It was the most important city in the western part of the Roman imperium in the fourth century.

I was there with the Latin courses in the year 10 from my school and we had to drive about six hours to arrive and stayed in a nice youth hostel. On sunday we visited the amphitheater of Trier (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphitheater_(Trier)). The next day we had a guided tour through the centre of Trier and visited for example the famous Porta Nigra (Picture 1) and the Kaiserthermen (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiserthermen_%28Trier%29), old Roman bathes. After two hours we visited a museum about the Roman emperor Konstantin. The weather was very hot, so it was partly very hard.

And, yes, Dominique, In the evening we had a short trip to Luxemburg, but I have to admit that I nearly only sat down there to eat pizza. :) But nevertheless I have taken a photo there (picture 2).

At the the third day, on Tuesday, we visited a reconstructed Roman villa in the town Borg (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Borg#Die_Villa_Borg). So it was a nice and interesting but exhausting trip with a veeery long bus drive.

Today I got my certificates and now have summer holidays. From my parents I got presents for the certificate, for example a few smurfs (picture 3). :-D

In the summer holiday I will be two weeks in Lanzarote, a Spanish island, and two weeks in England (Bournemouth).

By the way: I was just watching a German TV broadcast in the background about the ten most favoured children series. The smurfs were on place eight. One "Celeb" said for example that he had lost his cat when searching with it as Azrael for smurfs and in an interview Vader Abraham, the singer of the smurf song, said there are 220 smurf figures out there..! :banghead: :)

Postby Tojo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:27 pm
Very cool Simon :D I'm glad you had a good time even though the weather was so hot. I'd love to go to Trier one day as I haven't managed it yet.

Your new smurfies are very nice too :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:34 pm
Welcome back Simon. :wave2:

Great pics. :-D

Sounds like you had a great time and the places that you visited look really interesting. Also great to hear you had some smurfs as a reward. :hi5:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby naish510 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:37 pm
Hello Simon, i'm happy that you had a great time !!! It was nice to read your report !!!! And wow your new smurfs are very nice !!! Great parents you have !!! :D

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:44 pm
Simon, that sounds like a great school trip...my school trips were never that nice! I took Latin in school as well but only remember a few phrases and some history. Quid est nomen tibi? Nomen est tibi Staci and Puer, Puella, Agricola is about all I can think of right now!! :) :) Latin class was a great time though as the teacher let us goof off as much as we wanted...maybe this is why I don't remember any Latin :smile:

Nice smurfs too :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Simon X » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:01 pm
:haha:
Quid est nomen tibi? Nomen est tibi Staci
Shouldn't it be: "Nomen est mihi Staci." ? :)
But I am not sure, because we never (!) speak Latin in the lessons...We only translate a text from Latin into German, from Latin into German, from...:sleep: And that since four years now. :)
So I am surprised that you seem to have learned to speak Latin!?

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:25 pm
:haha:
Quid est nomen tibi? Nomen est tibi Staci
Shouldn't it be: "Nomen est mihi Staci." ? :)
You are correct, Simon! I told you I forgot most of it :) :) I took Latin for 6 years and I think only in the first 2 years we spoke it but that was to understand the grammar. The other 4 years was mainly written. We did get to see some cool gladiator movies though like "Ben Hur" :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Pitufo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:11 pm
Hi, Simon!!!!Welcome back!!!!Lovely pics
In the summer holiday I will be two weeks in Lanzarote, a Spanish island

Glad you are coming to my country!!!!!Is it your 1st time???I have not been at Lanzarote but I do in some others of the islands...I think you have there a nice weather: sun but not too much hot...ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: if you find smurfs there, please let me know...My best friend will spend there his holidays too!!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:12 pm
Great report and pics, Simon :D

Congrats on your smurf reward from your parents 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:02 am
Awwwwwwww great to hear that you had a wonderful time in Trier & Luxemburg. :D Wow you are going to spend two weeks in Spain and England. You are very lucky. :-D :-D :-D And getting smurfs for your school report/ school certificate is excellent!!! :-D :-D :-D :D Ah, you were also watching RTL last night. In fact, I dislike the presenter Sonja Zietlow, but that is a different topic. Btw. I recommend you to watch the 70's show re-runs on RTL. I remember that former German football player Pierre Littbarski was one of the guests and he told host Hape Kerkeling, that he used to collect smurfs as well and that his cellar/basement was full of smurf figures. :) :) :)
Here's a discussion on that topic: http://www.hoeflichepaparazzi.de/forum/ ... adid=10309
Btw. I had Latin for five years and our basic task was translation from Latin into German,too.
Later on, another teacher introduced us to calculate years into Olympic terms. :D Thank God I received my "Latinum", so that I needn't study Latin for my studies anymore. :D

Postby Simon X » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:05 pm
Very interesting, Pierre Littbarski a smurf collector... :-D
PS: if you find smurfs there, please let me know...My best friend will spend there his holidays too!!!!!!!!!!
Of course I will watch out for smurfs (Spanish fakes, CNTs)... :-D
What do you think where one can get smurfs best? I don't think in shops, rather in flea markets or similar?
I'll tell you if there are any smurfs, but...Maybe I will have bought them all if there are some... 8-) ;)
Page 1 of 3

Login