Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Elvissmurf » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:45 pm
GRRRRRRR!!!!

Now i`ve got that out of my system,i shall continue.....

I have recently won 2 auctions...i say recently,if that includes the last month!.....1 from Holland on the 16th of August..the other on the 14th from Cornwall,which is just over a stone`s throw away from me...i have received neither of these items as yet....i have contacted both sellers and have received replies...the one from Holland has said it was sent Standard delivery...but i have never waited this long for a delivery from Holland....the seller in Cornwall was very apologetic and said the reason for the delay was due to her daughter having Chemotherapy and the Smurf would be posted 1st class...all well and good.However this was 2 weeks ago,and still no sign of the Smurf.

Both items have now been filed as "items not received" with Ebay/paypal,just incase they should show up within the next 20 days.

I know there is nothing anyone here can do that i already haven`t.....i just like moaning really! :)

But if anyone should see 3 Smurfs walking by the side of the road and looking a bit lost....could they please give them directions to the nearest Post office :lol:

Is it just me who gets so many problems when buying,or is it a universal complaint? :-?
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Elvis,
If I see the three smurfs, I will direct them towards the Atlantic Ocean so they find their way towards England :cheers: ...unless...well....unless they would like to stay in Tennessee that is :-D

Seriously...I think the postal service is a bit slow right now. I am waiting for a few packages from Europe that should have arrived a long time ago..I am hoping they will arrive this week. One was sent off 4 weeks ago in Germany and usually the packages from this seller make it to me in two weeks :???:

I hope the smurfs arrive soon at your house..Are the British postal workers still on strike?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Elvissmurf » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:10 pm
Even a Smurf could walk from Cornwall to my house in less than 3 weeks. :)

I`m not sure a Smurf could swim the Atlantic ocean :o

Postby Tojo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:45 pm
That stinks. I really hope they turn up soon :x
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:11 am
You need a really big lucky break Elvis ! I hope you get one soon :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Elvissmurf » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 am
:) I should try this more often....as soon as i come here to have a moan,2 of the Smurfs arrive the next day....these are the 2 from Holland. :D

The one from Cornwall is probably still frolicking with some Pixies somewhere,or had a very large pasty and won`t be able to move for another week or so :)

Maureen the Smurfs said they didn`t fancy Tennessee as they`d be too far away from home and may become homesick. :lol:

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:25 am
:woohoo:

At least two have turned up, its a start ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:34 am
That is good news that at least the one package turned up :D I'll keep my fingers crossed that the oher one manages to cross the Tamar in the next few days. Perhaps he's overdosed on clotted cream :shock:

Postby Rachel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:21 pm
Hi Elvis, if it means your smurfs turn up the following day, you maon away my friend. :-D

Good to hear at least one of the parcels has arrived. :D

The post really seems to be on a go slow at the moment. I received a letter today that has taken a week to arrive and that was within the UK! :o
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:59 pm
Maureen the Smurfs said they didn`t fancy Tennessee as they`d be too far away from home and may become homesick.
:( :( :( :( Did you tell them they wouldn't be washed out in Tennessee as we haven't had rain in a looooooooooong while and they are sure to stay warm over here ? :cheers: :) :) :)

Actually, I have a little story of mine to tell today...and of course it is postal woe related as I would never hijack a thread :dream:

My mail box is on the side of the road, actually a pretty busy Highway, and to walk from my house to the mail box it takes about five minutes one way...So usually the postal lady drives up to the house to deliver the packages or to leave them on the porch..well, I have a new mail person now, and it's a man, which explains everything I think...I found a package (not smurfs but books) under my mail box..which really ticked me off, because not only could anybody have gotten the box with no problem or driven over it or animals cold have gotten to it :x not to mention that I really don't need everybody to know what or how much mail I am getting...and if you don't think some people didn't stop to look at the package to make sure there isn't a bomb in there....you don't know my neighbors and kinfolks very well :eek:

Maybe this moan helps a bit so my smurfs will show up now :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:54 pm
what a lazy sod your new postie is :x Our Deutsche Post parcel delivery man is really nice & he's often put our parcels around the back of the house for us when we've been out or come back later.

Mind you I had a lot of hassle receiving a box full of smurfs from a very nice seller in Heidelberg (known to other members here as well) a year ago as she uses Hermes which is a private company. If they can't deliver the package after 3 attempts then it goes back to the sender. That almost happened to me although the postie didn't bother to ring the door bell on 2 occasions (I was home the whole time & he left a card in the letter box). Luckily I caught him on the 3rd attempt :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 am
Glad to hear the Dutch package has arrived.....amazing to think that the one from Cornwell is still not there.....I am sure it will get there soon so keep moaning :D

I had a lot of problems with ebay in the end and decided to pretty much give it away. I was starting to fight with sellers (and the buyer always loses it seems) so i have retired from ebay and prefer to find the smurfs when i am out and about instead from now on.

Dyar

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:01 am
Hi

I am having (and have had) trouble with Ebay sellers. At the moment I am waiting for two smurfs to show up and I am waiting to be paid by two buyers for smurfs that I have sold. :banghead: I have reported the seller to Ebay/Paypal. So, I will see what happens. :?

I wish I could follow Dyer's footsteps and forget about Ebay :ebay: all together (especially after being sold a couple of fakes recently :( ) but trying to find smurfs locally is near on impossible - England isn't that great for finding smurfs at flea markets etc (in my opinion - if anyone has a different opinion, I would love to hear it :D ).

:rant: :soapbox: Anyhow, that's my moan out of the way - smurfs should now hopefully turn up on Monday :lol3:

I hope your smurf from Cornwall arrives soon, Elvis. :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Tojo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:26 am
I must admit that I don't touch ebay either mostly because I'm just trying to complete my basic collection & am not after specific variations or promos at the moment.

I buy my smurfs from a very nice seller in Heidelberg who has reasonable prices (much cheaper than Gaschers!) but I only buy twice a year, once with my birthday money & once with my xmas money. I've just recieved my 44 birthday smurfs :D If I make it to Brussels in October then I'l buy some more there of course :)
Page 1 of 1

Login