Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:18 pm
I have two of them with exactly the same markings and coloring.
The only difference is that one of the books does not have the words "Magic" written on front of it.

I was wondering if there is a variation like this out there, or if the words simply came off...I have to add that the book without the writing has no traces whatsoever of every having had something written on it :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:36 pm
Not too sure, Moey...I am still after the book without the writing. :-?
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:46 pm
Hi ladies :wave2:

I wish I could give a definite answer but I'm afraid I can't I do vaguely remember a discussion about this ages ago but I really can't remember the outcome.

The writing would be very easy to remove and you do often see books with the writing in a bad shape but this doesn't really prove 100% that this smurf wasn't released like this.

Might be worth checking old posters and leaflets to see if one can be spotted. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:19 am
Hey Mosey, i have the second papa like you do, i should have took it to Rachel's with me :banghead:

I agree with the Rach that the writing could have come off, i just dont know :-?

:-D :beer:

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:05 am
Interesting!!

I just thought that they were both just variations of the same smurf. I have the one with the writing on the book and I have been looking for the one without. There's another Silan one as well, isn't there? I wouldn't mind him. :-D

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:11 am
Hi Sharon,
there are at least two variations of the Silan one :-D

I was wondering if the writing came off, but I don't see any traces of it ever being on there, and I tried to rub the writing off the other one but without success :relieved:
Of course, somebody might have used alcohol or something like that, but wouldnt' the PVC be brittle in that case or show some signs of it?
the PVC looks perfect, which really puzzled me :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:15 am
Both of my West Germany variations do not have the "Magic" but that doesn't necessarily mean anything as it could of worn away. Does anyone have the WG variation with "Magic" written on the spine or was that only the HK variations?

Here's a link to my page: http://www.geocities.com/sgtpapas/zvar2 ... hbook.html

Dyar

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:19 am
Yes, Maureen, it is a mystery. There is no mention in DSK of the plain book.

Pity one of us didn't have a smurf to test alcohol on to see what happens?? I wouldn't want to be responsible for damaging a poor defenceless smurf, though.

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:23 am
WOW!! I didn't realise that there were that many variations of this smurf.
I have only got the HK one with magic written on the spine, I'm afraid. So, I am not much help. Sorry!

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:05 am
I was wondering if the writing came off,
Did you try a knife this time like you did on that poor genuine Easter smurf?? :)

And Sharon, there are many many variations of all smurfs - that is one of the problems to this hobby -it NEVER ends :D

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:04 am
And Sharon, there are many many variations of all smurfs - that is one of the problems to this hobby -it NEVER ends
That's the beauty of the hobby IMO - it could never become boring and it's impossible to own every smurfy item ever made. There is soooo much about smurf collecting that I adore: the detail in each smurfy figure never fails to delight me; each plush toy never fails to make me go all wobbly at the knees and mummsy (in your language mommsy :) ) ; the delight in finding different non-pvc smurfy items never fails to satisfy me.....boy I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture. AND, above all else, smurfs are FUN!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE SMURFS!!! SMURFS RULE!!!!!

On that note.....
:cheers: :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:41 pm
never fails to make me go all wobbly at the knees and mummsy (in your language mommsy :) )
:) :) :)

I have to do that sometimes too....translate for American people. Jamaican people do something similiar by changing Man to Mon apparently :-?

Dyar

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:40 pm
You do make me laugh, Dyar! :-D

:haha:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:28 am
Awww...that's nice to hear

I know I must irritate others at times so it's nice to hear a compliment...thank you, it made my day

Of course the rest of the forum members will probably send you PMs now saying "DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM !!!!"

Dyar 8)

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:16 am
Of course the rest of the forum members will probably send you PMs now saying "DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM !!!!"
I already tried that...Sharon is a stubborn one though :) :)

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:04 am
Nooooooooooo, you know i'd say encourage him 8-) 8-)

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:31 am
You ALL make me laugh, Stace. Not just Aussie chops!!

:smurfcarrots: :thumbsmurf:

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:34 am
Aussie chops.....what a name for him, i love it :) :) :) :D

Page 1 of 1

Login