Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:37 am
Awsome work :)
Congrats :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby aussiesmurfer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:06 pm
Fantastic cabinets everyone!

I just bought one of the Detolf cabinets this week to put my plush smurfs in. I got a white one.

Brad, these cabinets now come in 3 colours, black, white and a timber colour which is still the same as the ones you have I think.

The other cabinets I have are discontinued now too unfortunately or I would have bought another one the same! :???:

This makes a grand total of 8 Ikea cabinets in the smurf room, surely I will have enough room now?? :-?
Trish :wave2:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:12 pm
It is really great to see how everybody has their smurfs displayed and how well organized you all have them :-D

I love all the different shelves you are using...Great job, everybody :-D and thanks for sharing the information and pictures with the rest of us :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bradley » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:40 am
Brad, these cabinets now come in 3 colours, black, white and a timber colour which is still the same as the ones you have I think.
Do they Trish? Well that is good news. yeah I have the timber ones.
I was picturing myself painting my existing cabinets black if I had to buy one of the new ones.
Well when you know how you can get hold of these stands Brad, let me know
Will do. I think I know of a company that might be able to do these, we use them at work. Just not sure if the company does private jobs or if they only do work for businesses. I'll have to look into it when I get the chance.

Brad.

Postby Oprime » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:53 am
This is something I come up with a while back. The stairs are originally designed for the Detolf cabinets for the exact reason that the shelves are so far apart. When I get my brother to take some pictures of the final outcome, I'll post them here. I'm just in the (painful) process of updating my smurf web page and my plan is to include a making-of section just in case someone wants to have "blueprints" or instructions how to build these. In short, I ordered 100pcs. plexi glass strips and glued them together. The stairs are so rigid that no back or sides are needed, just something in front to prevent them from sliding.

Click image to enlarge

PS. This was the prototype so the outcome is a bit messy. Some of the later ones are a little neater :).

P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:52 am
Well done Oprime! :) :-D
I like the way you think, making blue prints for us. :thumbsmurf:

Postby Oprime » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:22 am
Here are a few compiled images of some of my brothers comic figurine collection (Detolf + home made plexi glass stairs). The top shelf has only 4 steps (because of the light) and the rest have 5 steps. I think there are around 250 figurines in the cabinet now and it doesn't seem very crowded.

click image to enlarge

P
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Oprime » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:00 pm
...I went for the other type with the slopping top.
These are amongst the coolest displays ever! If we had more space I'd definitely get these for my StarWars stuff. What are these called? Is that real wood or Ikea wood, can you tell?

P
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Rachel » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:02 pm
Hi Pauli, I love those stepped shelves you have made, it makes it so much easier to see all the figures, much better to display. :adore: :clap2:

The cabinets I have are Skogen. I can't see them in our online Ikea or the Finish site but they do seem to be available in America.

http://www.ikea.com.sg/products/product ... sp?id=2496

It is "real" wood. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby bradley » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:56 am
Those are awesome display stands. Good job with making them.
I got a quote a couple weeks ago on having these type of stands made. I came up with all the measurements I needed. I'm having 8 stands made. Each with 7 tiers/steps. Its going to cost a bit but they should look great. So hopefully they'll be made and I'll have them early January. Will post pics.

Brad.

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:00 pm
great posts on displays, awesome!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:34 pm
Thanks for the link, Rachel

It's a bit out of my price range and I really don't have space for it right now..but this is exactly what I am looking for... :-D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:15 am
I picked up my display stands this week, that I had made.

Brad.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:48 am
They are perfect Brad ! They have made a great collection look even better :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:25 am
:thumbsmurf: :thumbsmurf: Just perfect!

always wanted to do that with mine, but over here everything costs a fortune, and I don't earn that much to spend on neat extras like that.

Postby smurfer » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:18 am
Well done Brad !! :clap2: :clap2:
They look fantastic !! :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 am
They look great, Brad...and I agree with the others just perfect for displaying your smurf collection.

Thanks for showing us.. :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:09 pm
Oooooooh, Brad those shelves are fantastic!!! :carrots:

Such a simple idea but they help show off your collection so much better. :clap2: :clap2:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
They look excellent , Brad :D

Very neat & organised 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Page 2 of 2

Login