Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm
For a while now I have noticed these T-shirts on ebay from Junk Food and I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them or has bought any of them...If so, how is their quality? They are a bit pricy for being T-shirts and I am wondering if you think they are worth $25-30 :-?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

and others
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:58 pm
Cute designs but I think 25 - 30 is a bit pricey for a t shirt, then again I 'm a bit on the cheap side. I'm waiting for the liscensed shirts to hit the stores... of course this is wishfull thinking and if it don't pan out I may not have a wardrobe this summer :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:59 pm
Hi Moey,

I have noticed these t-shirts as well and I thought they looked rather nice. Though, I do think they are a bit on the costly side!

I have recently bought some smurfie t-shirts from another ebay seller. This is the link to one of the t-shirts:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=011

The t-shirts are very good quality and come in all different sizes. :-D

I hope this helps! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:39 am
Hi guys, yep I had noticed these t-shirts too and had been rather tempted but like others, I felt they were a bit expensive and I wasn;t sure what the quality would be like.

I am guessing they are not licensed by IMPS but do look like they are at least being made by a known company rather than just being printed up cheaply by someone at home. I do like the "weathered" look to the print which indiates to me they are probably quite good quality as this seems to be quite popular at the moment.

Please remember though, it is just as easy to get your own t-shirts or hoodies printed up with the many online companies doing this. I was reall impressed by the quality of my hoodie last year and still love it after it has been worn and washed a LOT! :-D

Here is the company that used: http://www.tshirtstudio.com/ :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Please remember though, it is just as easy to get your own t-shirts or hoodies printed up with the many online companies doing this.
Or get the iron-on transfer and do it yourself. I think I have done about 10 so far and no problems :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Gerda » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:00 am
Don't they have make your own iron on transfer kits too? you can use any design you want and make your own shirt.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:53 am
Yes, they do, Gerda...it's just iron on paper that you print your own photo on - these turn out nicely also :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:48 pm
Please remember though, it is just as easy to get your own t-shirts or hoodies printed up with the many online companies doing this.
Or get the iron-on transfer and do it yourself. I think I have done about 10 so far and no problems :D
Good point fishy. :hi5:

Your t shirts are very very cool too. :adore: :worship:

Postby Azrael » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:48 am
I have two and my other half has one. You can get them from Urban Outfitters in London, hence the hefty (no pun intended!) price tag!

They are good, and finally I have a smurf t-shirt that is also (ahem) fashionable!

I'm sure they will come down in price tho! We got ours for xmas.
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:02 pm
Hi Az, good to hear you have got one of these t-shirts and are happy with it. :cheers:

Is there any indication on the label that might show it to be licensed? I am just curious really as I fancy getting one of these, licensed or not. :lol:

Postby bradley » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:01 am
These shirts are officially licensed. There was a post about these months ago on Mushroomvillage. A user was at a clothing tradeshow where the company Junkfood was showcasing the new smurfs line. They said these were licensed through Paramount. Heres a few other designs:

http://search.80stees.com/?all=u1&i=1&q=smurfs&u1=q

Brad.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:35 am
I have just about decided to buy a few of the Grouchy shirts :) :)

My friend, Cyrstal, warned me on Monday that she was really grumpy and I promised her to get her a Grouchy T-shirt....so while I am at it I will get one for myself and let you know about the quality..If I like it I probably will get some more :) :)

and if I can talk Crystal into wearing hers at work I will get somebody to take a pic of the two of us and share it with you :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 am
Thanks for the pics and the info about the licensing Brad. I have to admit, if I had some spare cash at the moment I would be buying a few of these. :-D

Moey, let us know when they arrive and what you think of them, plus pics of course. :grinning:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:42 pm
I like the grey Smurfette T shirt at the top :smitten:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby paolo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:45 am
From the same seller, now a design I really like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0205918734

but a little too expensive.

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:34 am
I agree Paolo! That t-shirt is pretty cool! :cool: :D

Postby paolo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:27 pm
They should make also a Smurfette version! :-D

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:53 pm
:iagree: :)

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:52 am
I am loving these t-shirts. Some of the designs are wonderful especially this latest one that Paolo has linked to. I just wish I had some spare cash. :D

Postby Dreaming In Blue » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:56 pm
There is a store here at the mall I go to called "Hot Topic". They are selling the Smurf shirts made by Junk Food. They had the Smurfette one in black and the group of Smurfs together in white. I picked myself up the Smurfette one a few days ago. :) It was $22.00, but I got a discount and paid around $18.00 for it. There were not many there only four that I saw. Everyone is probably buying them and selling them on Ebay. They are 50% cotton, 50% polyester. They are thin but the qaulity is good. I also like the weathered look to the iron on. The sizes seem to run really small. It is a store that mostly teenagers shop in.
Page 1 of 3

Login