Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:58 pm
I was wondering whether anyone can tell me anything about the Belgian torchbearer?

I'm asking because I got 4 together for €9 in ebay & after they arrived I felt they look like fake smurfs (because of the way you can see the mold joins around the wrists & the writing on the backs of the arms also aren't complete - the smurfs also look too slender & have pop-eyes). I had a look at everyone elses websites & have noticed that they all seem to look like this. The GB versions seem to all look more like the original 20030 Torchbearer though.

Maybe I'm just waffling but I'm wondering whether the Belgian version was at all official :-? :? :?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Simon X » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:15 pm
You are right..In some way they look different...

Mine does have mold edges, too, but the regular non-promo version with "Peyo"-marking doesn't.

About the painting: Have you seen this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/smurf-reclame-rare- ... dZViewItem

? :???: :)

Postby Rachel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:13 pm
Hi Tojo, I have often wondered why this is a different mold too. :-?

Again, I am sure I have read something somewhere about the origins of this smurf. I will see if I can dig it out.

Another nice variation. :hi5:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:59 pm
Hope it helps...
JOAQUÍN

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:34 pm
That looks really interesting Joaquin but sadly I can't read the text :( I've tried copying the scans into Photoshop & Word but it's too blurry to read :(

I managed to make out that this was a completely different mold though :D

Thanks anyway :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Pitufo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:29 pm
I am sorry, Tojo!!!!!I will try to get clearer pics tomorrow...
JOAQUÍN

Postby Pitufo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:32 pm
I am sorry, Tojo!!!!!I will try to get clearer pics tomorrow...I know how difficult is to read pages that have been photographed...Last week I received a cd with some letters I wanted to read, written for a writer I love!!!!Well, after reading the complete 50 pages (they are dated 1900-1905)...I have to visit the oculist on thursday morning...And it is not a joke!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:42 am
Great article Joaquin :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 am
Interesting discussion Tojo......I don't know why this one is different either but I have a sticker with the Belgian Torchbearer (thanks to Christy) which you can see in the link below.

http://www.geocities.com/sgtpapas/misci ... ndSeca.jpg

I wonder if Christy has any paper documents on the Belgian Torchbearer in her extensive paper collection that could shed some light on this subject.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:39 pm
Thanks Joaquin, yes that is the article I remember. I will try to find it later. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login