Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:17 pm
Someone asked this question and sent me this picture and I wonder if you smurfers know anything about it. In a Schleich catalog from around 85 there is a picture of the smurf farm that does not have the loose windows and doors like the old farm does and it stands on a very big green base. My guess is this must be a store display but I don't know.

Any ideas?? Has anyone ever seen this before?

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:18 pm
I've no idea what it is, but it's very nice Gerda :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:59 pm
A very interesting pic Gerda. :-D

If I have seen this before, I certainly hadn't realised the differences with the windows. Also the room looks a bit different and the rocks around the building are also a different colour.
I will have a look to see if I can find a pic like this in amongst my leaflets etc.

Thanks for pointing this out. :thanks2:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 pm
I've seen this one before too Gerda and thought it just must of seen a model or display piece as I have not seen any traces of another base or farm that looks like this. I think it would look a lot better and perhaps that was the original design of the farm but ditched the base due to expense.....who knows......but the underneath of the base on the actual farm building does look like it was moulded for a reason which would support that theory.

Otherwise they just included a base in the catalogue to tease us all :(

Dyar

Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 am
Cool picture, but afraid I've not seen it before, although I'm not much into buidings

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:17 pm
although I'm not much into buidings
She's having a go at the buildings now...what did the little buildings ever do to you?

Sorry Helen, been watching too much Monty Python again I'm afraid :-?

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login