Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:55 am
Hi everyone...I have a question for you: I have read that Schleich sold a smurf early 70´s with a little pink pig between his hands...It is similar to all of thousands and thousands of fake golden pig smurf we have seen on ebay last years...I know there is a SCCI golden pig smurf with certificate ( ;) Margaret), but at least you have the chance to know if it is "original" with the certificate...is there a way of distinguishing this old smurf and the homemade fakes????Or do you think this smurf was not sold by Schleich????

JOAQUÍN

Postby steveparkes » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:36 am
Hi Joaquin..I think the Schleich pink pig is the one on the pink sockle..I am fuzzy on the whole smurf on it's own with the pig (I.E. Congratulations with pig not on a sockle)..there are so many fakes with the schleich mini pigs that I just don't believe that half of them, if any of them, are real. I've never seen any documented proof that Schleich produced anything other than the pink pig sockle, but then again I could (and usually am) wrong :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:00 am
I agree with Steve. If it's a pink pig smurf not on a sockel then it is a homemade or fake. There are three (or two - I have to check) sockels that have pigs on them...they are the Schleich pink sockel and two (or is it only one) on blue sockels. I will have to check at home because I know I have all the piggy sockels there :D Unless someone else has all these as well and can answer before I get home.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby smurfurious » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:27 am
Hi , by my own experience and information , the smurf with the pink pig has been comercialized years ago for Christmas in Germany , is a tradition there , as for example the rabbit in the easter period and so on .
Now , for the SCCI golden pig , he is made in hard material plastic and not soft as the pink one .
If a golden pig with or without certificate is soft then is a fake .
I know , i know i was have and still have some to sell , of these pink ones , i don't defend my opinion , but i find them cute .
Anyway more credible than a fanta can or gouda cheese ...

Dan

Postby Rachel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:58 pm
Hi Joaquin, apparently Suzzane (SCCI) did have a smurf with pink pig that was not on a sockel which she claimed was genuine but I have never seen any proof that this smurf really did exist without the sockel. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:28 pm
THANKS for your replies, mates!!!!!I knew about the smurfs on sockel, but I was talking about the same smurf Rcahel says: the one Suzann had...
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:42 pm
A very interesting discussion :D

Stace can you post a picture of the sockels? I am only aware of two...the Schleich one and one blue one..I don't have either though, so pictures would be great

I have always (well, at least since talking about it with a few fellow collectors) believed that the smurf with pig without the sockel isn't genuine either, although very cute, but this is the first time I have heard that Suzanne thought it was a genuine one...Did she ever give any reason why she thought it was? :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login