Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Pitufo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:08 pm
After reading the topic Hillary began about nr of Gargamel and Azrael, I have remembered things we have been talking about before...We have too many new members, so it would nbe nice to read all the opinions...

SCHLEICH WEIRD THINGS:

1.-to use the same number (20232) for two really different Gargamel
2.-to sell a smurf so "stupid" as 20028...What is he carrying on his extended arms????

i am sure you will find much more things you consider weird...And for me the weirdest thing is TO IGNORE US AS COLLECTORS. I must remember that this behaviour has not been always the same...Time ago, Schelich and IMPS had a narrow realtion with collctors clubs...Why not at this moment???? :-? :-? :-? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:13 pm
20496..why does the Papa conductor and the easter smurf have the same number?

why stop at 20232 and continue with 20401

and why did they give the 2008 smurfs completely out of line numbers

and the oddest thing to me

why no playset or supersmurf to celebrate 50 years of smurfing? :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:52 am
Ooh! Good thread! :-D

Postby abc » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:55 pm
I believe this has been answered: Because they will not be produced after this year.

Postby Rachel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:02 pm
Interesting thread Joaquin. :-D

I would also same the same about smurfette 2.0034 with the three completely different figures. :-?
...And for me the weirdest thing is TO IGNORE US AS COLLECTORS. I must remember that this behaviour has not been always the same...Time ago, Schelich and IMPS had a narrow realtion with collctors clubs...Why not at this moment????
I couldn't agree more. I never got any reply back recently after sending 7 emails to wish the smurfs a Happy Anniversary and to ask about the recent Hong Kong smurfs to find out if they are genuine. :???:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Gerda » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:04 pm
I believe this has been answered: Because they will not be produced after this year.
I agree..

Here is another example of weird things.. the smurf kombi sets where originally sold as 4.0601 and 4.0602, then where redone with 701, 702, only a sticker was used to cover up the old boxes that had not yet been sold. I wonder sometimes if they even know what numbers they used themselves and then double asign numbers only to realise later they made a mistake :-? I think brain surgens need not apply at Schleich :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Tojo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:06 am
I've just learnt a couple of new things here :shock: I had no idea there were 2 versions of the 20232 Gargie but after looking at Dyar's website I now know what to look out for.

The same goes for the 20034 Smurfette. I have the Bully 'flirting' one but didn't realise there were 2 others. It looks like I'll never be finished with the basic range at this rate :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby steveparkes » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 am
It looks like I'll never be finished with the basic range at this rate :) :)
Me neither Tojo :banghead:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Oh I know that feeling! :( :D
Postby Dutchiesmurf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:05 pm
2.-to sell a smurf so "stupid" as 20228...What is he carrying on his extended arms????
I have no word for it in English but its a tool used for fitness... you can stretch it out for exercise

Bit like this but smaller and for arms:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:27 pm
I think it's called a chest expander. Well, not the one in the photo, obviously! :lol: :)

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:06 pm
Haha thanks SmurfingH... that's the name I was looking for.

So smurf 20228 is using this:

Postby Pitufo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:25 pm
I am sorry!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) I have jsut noticed that I wrote 20228 but I meant 20028!!!! NOW AGAIN...what is he carrying on his extended arms??????

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:27 pm
I am sorry!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) I have jsut noticed that I wrote 20228 but I meant 20028!!!! NOW AGAIN...what is he carrying on his extended arms??????

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
20028 is the gardener but he doesn't have anything in his arms....are you trying to confuse us even more :) :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Pitufo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:36 pm
Hi, Staci!!!!i am not trying to confuse you more...It is a real question: why did Schleich sold this smurf as a regular one????Perhaps they had a stock of smurfs but had not of wheelbarrow???? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? Do you know any gardener who after leaving the wheelbarrow in its place, goes one with the arms extended????? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I am sorry: it s a stupid smurf!!!No the smurf itself, but the way of selling it!!!

Can you imagine Schleich sold 40227 without shopping cart????Or 40247 without box????Believe me I can´t understand what happened with thsi 20028 smurf!!!!!Perhpas they began to sell them with buckets but they noticed the buckets were small and for that reason dangerous for children...This way we could explain why the weird smurf and why the buckets variations are so unusual???????
JOAQUÍN

Postby Tojo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:52 pm
This is the one smurf figure that I have never understood either Joaquin!!

I mean the super / playset one at least has a cart but this smurf looks likes he's being a monkey :eek:

I wonder why they ever released it..........?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:19 am

Ooooh that one.... yeah I have wondered about him too. He looks really odd

Postby paolo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:34 am
My theory is that he was supposed to hold two white buckets, then they realized that they were choking hazards for children so they released him anyway without the buckets, hence the high value of this variation.
Postby HandyHarmony » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:07 am
Hello to all our fellow Smurfers
I would also same the same about smurfette 2.0034 with the three completely different figures.

Can anyone post a pic of the 3 different Smurfettes? I think we have at least 4 different Mold Smurfiations.

Happy Smurfing, :dogrun:

Alan
Handy & Harmony
New Jersey
USA
email: arennard@yahoo.com

"Smurf Trading is the BLUE thing to do !!!"

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:26 am
:dory: Staci :dory:
Page 1 of 2

Login