Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:26 pm
How can you tell the difference between a variation on the card player and the ASS promo smurf? According to DSK, they are identical! I've recently got one and I'm not sure whether to catalogue him as a normal smurf or as a promo one. His markings are © Peyo Schleich 1979.

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:52 pm
How can you tell the difference between a variation on the card player and the ASS promo smurf?
Hilary, I can answer this question when I get home for you...I know I have both and there is a difference but without looking at the smurfs, I can't be sure :-D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:15 pm
Thanks Staci! :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:30 pm
Hilary,
I am not sure, but maybe this will help

http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtop ... cardplayer

I have categorized my ASS player with the actual word ASS above the emblem as a promo smurf :D The reason I put it down as a promo is that I know ASS is an actual card game factory in Germany (unless I got my ASSes mixed up :-? )

I do consider the one with the emblem as a variation though. Here are mine, if this helps a bit :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:42 pm
I think that when it comes down to it, no-one knows whether the card player with ASS symbol but without the ASS lettering is a promo or not. At least that's the impression that I get. :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:50 pm
Thanks Moey. :D I'm still clueless but that could be because it's very very late over here. :sleep:

Postby smurfieduck » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:31 am
I'm off to check on my cardplayer variants now! :D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 am
I have all three variations....with the "V", without the "V" and with "ASS" on the sockel David mentioned in the other thread. Not too sure what to classify the "V" though since there is actually a promo that has "ASS" on it :o
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:26 am
Looks like I'll have to get 2 so that I can classify them as both! :-D

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:28 am
I've got the normal version with a large heart in the center of the card & 2 small hearts at the top & I also have the promo one with the 2 small hearts at the top & the large heart in the center surrounded by a circle containing a V & with the ASS lettering.

I was thinking earlier that the one with the heart in the center surrounded by a circle containing a V but without the ASS lettering is probably a promo too. The 'heart / V / circle' logo must me trademarked by ASS I would imagine otherwise anyone could use it. Whether or not the lettering 'ASS' are included or not shouldn't matter. The big question would then have to be why some have ASS on them & others don't :-?

That's my tuppence worth anyway :)

Postby Tojo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:57 am
Yippee!! I've just won an auction for the one without the ASS lettering so now I have all 3 of them :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:34 am
Congratulations, Tojo

Believe it or not..but I had the hardest time finding the one with the ASS wording on it :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:38 am
What's funny is that the seller had 2 for sale, one with ASS & one without. I had to pay €11 for the one without the lettering & the other with ASS (which I already have) went for much less :-?

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:19 am
Way to go, Tojo! :-D

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 am
Nice one Tojo! :-D I still need the one with the blank card (Moey has one so I'll steal her when she's not looking 8-) ) and the ASS one.

Postby Tojo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:58 am
Here are the markings of my Cardplayers

normal
Schleich, W.GERMANY, PEYO, 78, CE, 3

ASS without lettering

SCHLEICH, W.BERRIE CO., MADE IN HONG KONG, PEYO, 1978, 2

ASS with lettering
Schleich, W.GERMANY, Peyo, 78, 3

I wonder whether the ones without the lettering are all Schleich/W.Berrie, made in Hong Kong & hence not meant for the European market :-? Who else has one & what are the markings?

Postby steveparkes » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:43 am
I wish I could tell you what mine are Tojo, but they are in Nottingham :???:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:50 pm
My ASS one without the lettering just says © Peyo 1 Schleich 1979 which just seems to confuse the matter! :eek:

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:31 am
When I checked my cardplayers, I found a paint error. I will take a pic soon and show you all.

Also, I'm not sure if I have a ASS smurf,or not :-? I have 3 card players and I think it would probably be best if I take pics of all of them and the forum can decide. :-? :-?

Page 1 of 1

Login