Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 4
Postby bradley » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:32 pm
Well the Smurfs are back again in Australia, this time in the clothing store Jay Jays. They have a range of the American Junk Food t-shirts, although they have been re-labelled as Jay Jays. They are also selling the figures on the counter (up to classics) and mini DVDs. Here is a scan from the leaflet I picked up:

These are the range of t-shirts available:

I brought the red Brainy t-shirt today. Its a great t-shirt actually. I knew a few here have brought one and wasn't happy with the quality but the shirt is great! And cheaper $20AU! I want to buy an Eco bag but they are waiting on the eco bags to arrive. 2 stores I checked today didn't have them in yet so they must not have been shipped yet. The promotion actually only started today and will run for the next 3 weeks.

I love these wanted pages! lol. They have larger posters on the walls in the store. I want them! heh

And just while I'm talking smurfs in Australia I thought I'd just recap for those interested on a few other Australian Smurf news. Next month for the first time on DVD in Australia, The Smurfs and the Magic Flute will be available! 29th April. I've pre-ordered. I've never actually seen this film so I'm looking forward to that. Also the Magna company who was releasing smurf dvds here a number of years ago and then stopped are releasing a special 50th anniversary set but it will only comprise the same previous 9 volumes released put together in the one set.

Brad.

Postby Tojo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:58 am
Wow Brad! That sounds like a cool promotion & they have some good deals there :D

Great pics :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:58 am
hmmm, just looking at photos of the Junk food t-shirts and I can't find any of these t-shirt designs. These shirts selling at Jay Jays are NOT Junk food made.

Brad.

Postby Michelle » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:54 am
Great Brad!

This is amazing, you all can find smurfy items in Australia!
Good luck

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby smurfer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 am
WOW Brad !!! :shock: Thank you for posting those great pictures !!! :-D
Good luck and enjoy finding the Smurfs in Australia ! :D :D
:cheers:

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:31 am
That's fantastic, Brad! I am so pleased for all the Aussie Smurfers out there!! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby bradley » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:56 am
I'll check Jay Jays again on Monday or Tuesday for the Eco bags... they'll probably sell fast. And I'll also buy the papa smurf t-shirt. There are only the 2 different male t-shirts. And theres the boxers, lol.. which I'd feel weird buying.. probably even weirder wearing them, lol... and even more weirder buying them to be displayed in my collection, ha.

I got a look at the promotion information booklet for the store.
There was a page of photos from a launch of the line in NSW.
People dressed in costumes at a party. Smurf cut outs behind them.

Brad.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:02 am
That is great news, Brad...Will you post a picture of you in the new T-Shirts...(We won't make you post a picture of you in the boxers :winks: )

Thanks for sharing this with us :D

In regards to the DVDs, do you know what episodes are on these?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:55 am
Wow... I would really love to have that Brainy T-Shirt.

Probably not sold online right? :(

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:20 am
Do they have JayJays in WA? Shall send the parents out to look! :-D Thanks for the info Brad. :D

Postby smurfieduck » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:02 am
Shall send the parents out to look! :-D
You have them well trained, Hilary!! :lol: :)
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby bradley » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:19 am
yeah Jay Jays has stores all over Australia including WA.
They have a website www.jayjays.com.au but it doesn't look like they sell online and dont have the smurfs listed.

The mini DVDs were released a few years ago by Magna Pacific in Australia along with 9 DVD Volumes of episodes. I already have all 6 of these mini DVDs. They contain only 1 ep each. I've got them listed:

DVD Single One - S1 - Ep4 - St. Smurf And The Dragon
DVD Single Two - S1 - Ep38 - Smurfette's Dancing Shoes
DVD Single Three - S1 - Ep6 - Sorceror Smurf
DVD Single Four - S1 - Ep26 - Magnifying Mixture
DVD Single Five - S2 - Ep41 - The Adventures Of Robin Smurf
DVD Single Six - S3 - Ep90 - Every Picture Smurfs A Story

Brad.

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 am
Thanks for the info!

Too bad I can't buy one :(

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:34 am
Thanks Brad. :D Duckie - it's taken years but they're shaping up nicely now! :-D :bolt:

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:56 pm
Got myself 3 t shirts and a hoodie yesterday! :D

Going back for some bags this week too Brad, make sure you dont buy them all! :)
Trish :wave2:

Postby Pitufo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:50 pm
Hi, brad!!!!Thanks for the pics!!!!!!You are really lucky, aussie friends!!!!!!Why are the smurfs back again in all the countries but aren´t in Spain??????? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:13 pm
Yippeeee... they are here in the land that time forgot (NZ) as well.

Thanks for the heads up Brad. After seeing this post I made a bee-line for the Jay jay store and sure enough they were plastered all over their windows and everything on display. I got the two mens t-shirts and a bag.

I see there are some smurf PJs too... I think these are for children - most probably of the female variety. Which is a problem for me, as in stark contrast I am a 30 something year old male and therefore would attract the attention of any passing police constable if I asked to try them on. I may have to go for the biggest and say its for my "neice" or "girl friend" (I'll decide who if the shop assistant is hot or not) although if she is hot then I'd have to come clean on my smurf fetishes before I got a chance to wear them in front of her. :-D

They don't have nearly enough guys stuff. They seem to think smurfs are big girly toys... It is an up-hill battle trying to convince people otherwise without involving the smurfs in some scandle or give them underworld street gang connections. I think we need to butch up the image of smurfs for the benefit of the lay-person. Maybe the smurfs have weapons of mass destruction, or are the fourth member of the triad of terror or maybe smurfland is located in the hills of Afganistan and when they aren't being smurfy they don big fake beards and tie their hats in to a turban.
:shock:
As for the smurf underwear, have you noticed one is called "Handy" and the other is "Lucky". :eek:

Postby bradley » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:09 am
hey, that's awesome to hear the shirts are also available in New Zealand!
I agree with not enough men's shirts in the assortment but I guess these shirts are targeted to the youth, specifically teenage girls who are more likely to buy and wear the shirts. I don't think too many young males would be willing to wear a smurf on their t-shirt... unless they are one of us die hard smurf collectors, ha. And the male shirts can be worn by females as well so the shirts are still going to sell well. I got the other shirt, Papa smurf t-shirt today. So now all I'm after are the bags! They still haven't arrived yet. Hopefully within the next few days.

Brad.

Postby bradley » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:08 am
Jay Jays website has updated to smurfs: http://www.jayjays.com.au/

Brad.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:48 am
This is great news for collectors in Oz and New Zealand, the window of Jay Jays is cool :D

Now when will we see a picture of Rae, Trish and Brad walking around Adelaide in their t-shirts ? 8-) 8-)

But heaven help you guys if Daryl turned up too :) :)

:-D :beer:
Page 1 of 4

Login