Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon May 05, 2008 5:19 pm
As some of you know, I am doing pretty good with my ebay sabbatical which is why I am extremely excited about what I found on Friday by chance and also won for only $10.00...Ever since I got my Telephone sockel in the cube from Margaret, I was secretly hoping to find the others, too...and on Friday I won this one :woohoo: It already arrived today, which makes it all so much sweeter :smitten:

ImageImage

I also got a second package today..from Staci who sent me those OMO smurfs that I didn't have yet..and also two smurfs in the packages...thank you so much, Staci :hug:

:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Mon May 05, 2008 6:08 pm
Those are all fantastic smurfs Maureen!! I've never seen the smurfs in those cubes before so that was a real surprise for me. I like it a lot.

I don't have any of the OMO's yet although I saw them at the Brussels fair last year. Do you have them all now? I don't know how many were made :-?

The blister smurfs are nice too :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby steveparkes » Mon May 05, 2008 11:27 pm
Nice smurfies Maureen, I love the cube socle. There were 16 mini OMO's made, although I have a couple of variations of some (the word OMO is written in different places on them :) )
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue May 06, 2008 2:14 am
Well done girls!!!

I love the cube socle smurf and the blisters. :smitten:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue May 06, 2008 2:54 am
Very nice Moey! :-D And of-course it arrived quickly - it's first class you know! :winks: :)

Postby Gerda » Tue May 06, 2008 7:06 am
Very nice maureen. I like the blister pack smurfs, anytime one can find a smurf in orginal package unopened it's a good thing. Aren't those mini omo's just the cutest things!

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue May 06, 2008 6:29 pm
Tojo, they are my first OMO mini smurfs which made getting them so much sweeter

As far as I know the sockel in the cube was a gift the US postal service made to their customers a few years ago...there are at least two different ones out there (I have two different ones lol), but I think there are more..I don't know how rare they are but you don't see them that often on ebay, so I am pretty excited :-D

I got another package today, which was a total surprise...and what a sweet surprise...Duckie had heard from a little Birdie that I also collect badges (is there anything smurfy I don't collect?) and sent me six of them...I have never seen them before and I am so thrilled

thank you soooo much Duckie :hug:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Tue May 06, 2008 6:33 pm
Aw! They're great! :-D

Postby Tojo » Tue May 06, 2008 7:27 pm
I especially like the Smurfski & Crutch one & the Astro one too although they're all excellent.

Nice one Duckie for making Maureen a happy smurfer :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurfieduck » Wed May 07, 2008 1:43 am
It's my pleasure, Moey!! I am so glad that you didn't already have them. :D

I love your latest smurfie purchases - especially the cubed smurf! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Gerda » Wed May 07, 2008 6:00 am
I did not know those cubes where post office specials. I always thought they where homemade banks of some sort. Learned something new!!

gerda

ps.. I think the astro badge is the best out of that bunch!
happily smurfing along

Postby Guest » Wed May 07, 2008 6:07 am
at this cubes I saw only once a printing on the top of the cube doing some promoting for a finance group or bank. So I suspect two different versions are existing ...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed May 07, 2008 5:35 pm
Here is a thread with some information about them from Attom

http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.p ... smurf+bank

Tine, do you remember the name of the bank?

the interesting thing is that the sockels are screwed on the bottom to the cube

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun May 11, 2008 8:21 am
I got another lovely surprise on Friday.
A very nice and special collector friend sent me this Dupuis Union smurf that I still needed..It was totally unexpected which made the surprise so much sweeter. Thank you so much :hug:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Sun May 11, 2008 9:08 am
He's nice too. I haven't got into the Dupuis smurfs yet. Plenty of things to be getting on with! :-D

Postby attombomb7 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:42 am
love that dupuis smurf!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 am
As far as I can remember the name was "credit union" ...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat May 24, 2008 1:39 pm
Hilary outdid herself and sent me a nice smurfy envelope without telling me what's in it....I opened it while driving to our family Memorial Day cookout today and I was so thrilled by what Hilary had for me, it was hard to stay on the road... :) :) :)

The Queen of Badges sent me these three badges (I just :smitten: the weekend one) :)

My first patches of this sort

and some lovely smurfette necklaces

:thanks2: soooo much, Hilary :hug:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Sat May 24, 2008 3:20 pm
You're so welcome Moey! :hug: I can just imagine you driving off the road as you saw what was inside the envelope! :) The really funny thing is that the necklaces came in a job lot from America! :lol: They didn't take long to get to you either. :D

P.S. I've started collecting for your next envelope but I shan't tell you what it is! :neener: :winks:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:07 pm
This is starting to become my thank you thread, so I changed the title :) :)

I was very surprised when i received a package yesterday from Belgium,
and didnt' know what to expect.
Christy had sent me some cool stuff, like some stickers, a tag for the
Ghent Unicef smurf, a smurfette pencil case, a postcard with this year's
Utrecht fair dates, and a catalog of a store that has some nice smurfy
stuff

thank you so much, Christy :hug:

ImageImage

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 2

Login