Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:07 am
In order to properly celebrate Mum's 60th birthday( :shock: ) today, we are going to The Great Smoky Mountains for a few days :cheers:

I'll be gone for a few days and not sure I will have access to the Internet, so I thought I say a short Cheerio :hiya: before we leave.

Who knows what I will come back to. Mogli will be all by himself for a few days for the first time :eek: and my three renegade dogs have become very adept at getting out of the kennel so there is no telling where they will be when we get back :o :)

I hope everybody will have a fantastic weekend :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Michelle » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:10 am
Enjoy your vacation and give 3 big kisses to your mum!
so I should say....Happy birthday mum of Mo :bday:

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:00 am
Enjoy your trip Moey and Moey's mom! :hug: :hug: And Happy Birthday to Moey's mom!! :bday:

Postby smurfieduck » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:59 am
Have a terrific time, Moey!! Happy birthday to a fellow leo - Moey's Mum!! :cheers:

What a pity I didn't live near you, Moey. I could have looked after your doggies and Mogli - I would have absolutely loved that!!! Has Mogli got a 'timed' food dish? Who will feed the doggies?

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:47 am
Yeah, that would have been great, Duckie

I have to admit, I am a bit worried how the dogs will be doing as they have never been left alone for more than a night, but I tried to fill in all the holes, gave them plenty of water and food. It was amazing but when they saw me feed them in the morning, they just looked at me and wouldn't eat. They'll be fine though as long as it doesn't thunder.

I also gave Mogli plenty to eat and water. He begged for food until he saw how much he is getting and hasn't eaten since :) :) :) I think he will be fine, too as he is used to spending most of the day by himself. Paulchen would never eat when I was gone for the night, so I stopped going away for a night, and it will be interesting to see how Mogli will do...I bet he won't even miss me :) :) :)

I have always tried to teach the dogs and also cats not to take food from strangers, so I guess it is coming back to bite me now :banghead:

Thank you everybody for your birthday wishes for Mum. She really appreciates it. She is one of those women who doesn't mind getting older, as long as she feels good, and she is actually proud to be 60, as this means she may be able to retire soon (if her retirement money from Germany comes thru) and to enjoy life :-D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:49 pm
Happy Birthday to your mom, Moey, and have a great time in the Smokies :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:16 am
Hope you two anjoy the time, wish her a big happy bday!

I'm sure the cat will be fine, I have no problem leaving mine alone for a couple days, as long as there's plenty of food and water. Dogs however... would be nice if you had a friend that could drop in and keep them company for a while, as dogs tend to want human contact more than cats.

Anyway, enjoy and have fun. :cheers:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:09 pm
The dogs were fine today, but Mogli was hiding when I came back and it took a whole 10 minutes before he claimed me as his own again...but since then he has demanded all his cuddles and is quite happy right now chasing my legs, his food and a bug that somehow made it inside tonight :banghead:

Anyway..I am back from a great trip. I took too many pictures as always, but wanted to share a few with you.

The Great Smoky Mountains are a National Park in Eastern Tennessee that goes into North Carolina. The country singer Dolly Parton is from that area and created Dollywood and other stuff to bring business to this area that was very very poor. It is about 3 hours from me. We didn't go to Dollywood, but stayed in the small town of Gatlinburg, which was full of tourists from Missouri, Kentucky, Illonois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, India (yes, India), and Italy. Gatlinburg has an Aquarium with huge stingrays that you can pet, sharks that you are advised not to pet, and other exotic fish that you can watch by walking thru a tunnel with them swimming around you. I had never been to an Aquarium like this before, so this was a lot of fun for me.

We also drove thru the National Park to the Indian reservation, Cherokee, in North Carolina. Other than that we ate, slept a bit, drove a lot, gambled a bit, laughed a lot, and fought the crowds.

A lot of what we saw in the Smokies reminded me of the stories from the oldtimers in my area, which are quite fascinating. What I didn't know was that the North Carolina Cherokees had nothing to do with the Tennessee Cherokees who had a huge input into the area I live in (the names Chattanooga..or Sequatchie (the county I live in ) are old Cherokees names). The Trail of Tears went straight thru my area, which is still a part of our history that hardly anybody will talk about.

Here are a few pictures...I hope you enjoy them :D

I had the best pancakes in the world on Friday afternoon

Did I like them? I may have to go back to fully make up my mind...they were yuuuummmmmyyyy

View over Gatlinburg

The Great Smoky Mountains

After surviving the heat, bobcats, elks, deers, Curt's driving, Indians...I was attacked.................by a plush bear :shock:

What the cows are for the North, the bears are for Cherokee...they even have an environmental green farmland one. We saw different painted ones at every corner in Cherokee.

Entering (or leaving) the Cherokee Reservation in North Carolina

Sorry, I couldn't resist :-D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby smurfieduck » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:07 pm
Oh, Moey your piccies say it all!!! You obviously had a wonderful time!! I hope your Mum had a birthday to remember! :-D

I can't wait for Aussie Chops to see that last pic of yours :lol: :lol: :) :)

I am pleased that Mogli and the doggies are ok. I was a little worried about them but I knew deep-down they would be just fine.
:dogrun: :cat: :hug:
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:47 am
Looks like you've had a fab trip Moey! :hug: Glad everything was ok when you got back. I think you may need a second opinion on those pancakes and I would be happy to oblige! :-D :) :)

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:27 am
sharks that you are advised not to pet, and other exotic fish that you can watch by walking thru a tunnel with them swimming around you.
We have one of those shark tunnels in the aquarium in Camden so I think it is the latest fads in aquariums around the country because they got the idea from someone else about 10 years ago.

Looks like a fun trip -- too bad you only got a weekend though! :-D

P.S. Are those crepes or pancakes?? They do look yummy!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:00 am
Fantabulous pics Maureen, it looks & sounds like to had a great time on your trip :cheers:

That plaque made me laugh as it says it all :) :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Looks like a fun trip -- too bad you only got a weekend though! :-D
I will be back before long...there are a tons of antique markets and fleamarkets that I had no chance of visiting but want to visit so badly.
P.S. Are those crepes or pancakes?? They do look yummy!
I call them German pancakes :) :) They are nothing like American pancakes, as they are the size of crepes, but much bigger than the crepes I used to make or eat in France :D They were just purrfect :mrgreen:
That plaque made me laugh as it says it all

I think you and Dyar will also appreciate this T-shirt :D Although I doubt either of you would ever let this happen to you :beer:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:07 pm
That's a great tshirt! :-D

Postby FlamingO » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 pm
Great photos Maureen, glad you all had a wonderful weekend :yay:

It looks a beautiful area to visit :-D

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:15 am
Lovely pictures Mo, looks like a great place to visit. Glad you had a nice time . Lucie & Simon :cheers:

Postby Tojo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:57 am
Ha ha, that shirt is funny. I have been known to run out of beer but even in such a dire emergency there's still lots of cider & wine in the cellar as a backup :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:26 pm
Thank you everybody for your nice comments :cheers:

I forgot to tell the funniest part of the trip though. We were driving back home when I got Vanity smurf out for one last picture and we spoke about the 127 yard sale and how I hope to find smurfs. Curt said he thought I had them all, and before I could reply, Mum answered and more or less educated him on variations that included not only colors, but markings, molds, promos, supers and so on. She really went into a detailed explanation about smurf collecting. I am not sure who was more in shock...me or Curt..but needless to say I have never been so proud of my mother, a non smurfer who really is a smurfer at heart :cheers:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:05 am
Hooray for Mo's Mum!!! :cheers:

Postby mrs.einstein » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:08 am
It`s amazing that your mum knows so much about smurfs!
Is she german? Your husbands name sounds very german too.
Lovely pictures Maureen!

Margriet
Page 1 of 2

Login