Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby paolo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:10 am
If you know Italian, there is an alarming news here:

http://www.corriere.it/cronache/08_agos ... aabc.shtml

It's from the most important Italian newspaper, and they say that in Germany they want to ban the Kinder surprise eggs because of the mixture between food and toy.
In the US the ban already exists, but for Germany let's at least wait for the Smurf set to be released! :-D

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:33 am
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I certainly hope that doesn't happen :shock:

Kinder Surprise & Kinder Joy both of which have toys/figures in them sell very well in Germany & the kids love them.

Let's wait & keep our fingers crossed that common sense wins over idiocy :o
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:35 am
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I certainly hope that doesn't happen :shock:

Kinder Surprise & Kinder Joy both of which have toys/figures in them sell very well in Germany & the kids love them.

Let's wait & keep our fingers crossed that common sense wins over idiocy :o

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:00 am
Oops!! I was having trouble with the forum & somehow my post got posted twice :banghead:

Oh well :)

Postby Gerda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:49 am
Oops!! I was having trouble with the forum & somehow my post got posted twice :banghead:

Oh well :)
it's a good way to get your point across though :) :)

I agree it is a stupid ban if they go through with it. Here in the states it has gotten silly with what they ban on toys. Around christmas they always come up with the same warnings that if a toy can fit into a roll of toilet paper than you should not give it to small children... I don't know about you people but I find alot of things laying around my house that can fit into a roll of toilet paper so I guess I should clean my house out to bare walls and allow my kids to play with dust bunnies and shadows. I swear the people that make up these rules must think that parents are idiots.
Anyway I have had many of those chocalte eggs and I never worried about choking on the toy because normally the chocolate breaks apart shortly after you take the wrapper off and the center "bullet" where the toy is in NEVER seperates without a few choice words being said to it. Let just hope the ban don't happen

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:44 am
The latest version of the "bullet" as you so nicely described it Gerda is a hinged version. The top is hinged to the bottom which makes it much easier to get to the rubbish, er sorry, toy inside it :) The older version was sometimes only openable by using violence on it!!!!

Postby Gerda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:59 pm
Thanks tojo, I have not seen that version of it before but that does sound much easier to open.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Elvissmurf » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:49 pm
Around christmas they always come up with the same warnings that if a toy can fit into a roll of toilet paper than you should not give it to small children.
Do you not have Xmas crackers with toys in then?
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Gerda » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:49 pm
Around christmas they always come up with the same warnings that if a toy can fit into a roll of toilet paper than you should not give it to small children.
:eek: since I don't know what those are I would say no we don't.. what are they?
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:20 pm
The older version was sometimes only openable by using violence on it!!!!
Or teeth :banghead:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:03 am
:eek: since I don't know what those are I would say no we don't.. what are they?
This will tell you Gerda: http://www.wyrdology.com/festivals/chri ... ckers.html They always have a paper hat in them, usually crown shaped, a silly joke that a 5 year old would scorn and some toy or other that nobody wants. Unless you go for the really expensive ones or make your own! :lol: I have a feeling that when Mum made some years ago mine and my brother's had smurfs in them! :-D :-D Now they were worth having! :) :-D

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:28 am
The shouldn't ban kinder eggs! It's like banning "fun"!

Mind you, maybe they should put airholes in those yellow bullets. I nearly choked to death. Its not worth dying for a Teeny Terrapin.

A smurf however....

Actually, choking to death and turning blue would be quite an ironic way to go! :shock:
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby mrs.einstein » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:34 am
:haha: :haha:

Postby Gerda » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:42 am
Thank hilary for explaning the cracker, I had no idea.

Maureen, wonder how many kids ended up at the dentist because they tried opening the kinder egg, I use to do this too. I actually had to once use a screw driver to pry one open and ended up jabing myself, turned out all I got was one of those stupid grass with animal put togethe toys :banghead:

Azrael, :sofunny:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby LadyZod » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:55 pm
It's bad enough my husband bought a box of Lucky Charms this week and there was absolutely no toys or toy offers in the cereal. AND his report from the cereal aisle was that no other cereal had toys either!

A cereal without toys is not any cereal I want to share my home with!

I can only imagine what would happen if they pulled the toys out of kinder eggs. It'll be like when they replaced the toys in the Nestle chocolate balls a few years ago with candy instead.... BAD!
Anna

Playing with Smurfs since 1981!:smurf1:

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:36 am
hi!

shocked to see this, I had no idea, and wonder why after all these years, ban items like this? food and toys have always been around, I remember getting breakfast cereal mostly for the toys!

Kinder eggs, would go out of business, if they did this everywhere.

I love them, taste good too!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Gerda » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:16 am
It's bad enough my husband bought a box of Lucky Charms this week and there was absolutely no toys or toy offers in the cereal. AND his report from the cereal aisle was that no other cereal had toys either!

A cereal without toys is not any cereal I want to share my home with!

!

your kidding :shock: up here we still have toys in our cereal, the kids just got some batman toys in a frosty flakes box, and they have indiana jones spoons in another box.
this is getting crazy.

has anyone ever seen the movie idiocracy, it's basicly about how the world is getting dumber and dumber and there is this average guy who gets put into cryo for a military experiment and they forget about him and he turns out to be the smartes guy in the world... anyway that is what this feels like, like they think we are getting too dumb not to eat the toy in the cereal box or the big yellow toy in the center of a chocolate egg. Yeck at this rate we will have only mush to eat for fear we idiots might choke to death on our food :banghead: I for one would love to have a talk with these morons who make up these rules and decide for the rest of us what is safe and not safe.. :x

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:24 am
I think a lot has to do with consumers looking for every opportunity to sue the manufacturers for their own stupidity and the courts give them the right to do so :banghead:

Everybody knows coffee is supposed to be hot so why sue McDonalds when you spill it....I know this is old news, but this is where it all started...and now they won't sell us our smurfs in Kinder eggs...I think it's time we stand up and demand our rights as serious smurf collectors :yes:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:35 am
I think a lot has to do with consumers looking for every opportunity to sue the manufacturers for their own stupidity and the courts give them the right to do so :banghead:

Everybody knows coffee is supposed to be hot so why sue McDonalds when you spill it....I know this is old news, but this is where it all started...and now they won't sell us our smurfs in Kinder eggs...I think it's time we stand up and demand our rights as serious smurf collectors :yes:
yup people are sue happy arent' they, it's no wonder the courts are over loaded,

where do I sign up to get my smurf rights back!! I'm all for it.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby LadyZod » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:40 am
Ever read the labels on stuff? Some cleaners will actually say something along the lines of "Not for human consumption" or "Do not ingest".

I mean seriously, they HAD to put that on the label, probably because some idiot did it.

"Choking hazard" on a nerf football? Someone managed to get it in their mouth and choked on it.

Times like these I have to wonder about Evolution. I thought the theory stated "Survival of the fitnest" and "weeding out the weak" in a species... Let's sue KFC because no where does it say we shouldn't eat the bones!Guess THAT theory is WRONG.

How on Earth we humans can be the dominant species on the planet alludes me.
Anna

Playing with Smurfs since 1981!:smurf1:
Page 1 of 2

Login