Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Chris McBrien » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:32 pm
I have some newer additions to my growing collection...the one thing that detracts from my joy of adding new smurfs is how to get that sticky, gummy label adhesive off my smurfs without destroying the paint finish or possibly harming the PVC itself.
I thought of Murphy's oil soap, as it's pretty safe..but have this feeling it would still not be a good solution...anyone have any ideas on how to clean this stuff off in the safest fashion?
Thanks ahead of time!!!! :cheers:
Chris
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby Michelle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:04 am
Hi Chris,

I should try it with SUNOIL. I know it sounds strange but it helps on the feet of the smurfs...so why not for removing the sticker...I just dont know for the paint, but I think it wont be a problem. (try it first on a cheap smurf)

Hope it works out
Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby bwalters » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:32 am
HI Chris; I don't know what it will do to the paint, but I use denatured alcolol on most glues it works well for that. Bill :argue:

Postby Tojo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 am
I always remove the tags from the new smurfs that I buy as I find them irritating.

I find that the slimy glue that is left on the figure can be wiped off quite easily by using a normal cotton handkerchief or other 'non-fluffy' cloth. I don't make it wet, I leave it dry & just wipe the glue off. I've never had any problems with it at all.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Gerda » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:40 am
The best thing I have found in cleaning pvc is these magic erasers that look like spongers. They are soft enough to not scratch the paint yet they work wonders in cleaning the little guys.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 pm
I just cut their legs off.
8-)
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Gerda » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:32 pm
8-)
:yikes: :smurf1: :yikes:
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:37 pm
:sofunny: :sofunny:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:37 pm
Just kidding!!

Although the clown smurf is sometimes a hot contender! :banghead:
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Chris McBrien » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:57 pm
8-)
One of the best laughs I've had all week! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the tips guys...I'll try some of these...those tags are irritating to me, too! Sometimes I wonder why they feel they have to even use them...doesn't seem too smurfy to me.
Thanks again to all!!!
Chris :cheers:
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf
Page 1 of 1

Login