Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:02 am
HI Maureen; It looks like it is made for boards that go from on end to the other. Kind of like a bed is put together. If you take a look at the two screws at the bottom it looks like you could hook a board on them. then place a wooden or glass shelf on top. I will have to wait until I get mine to tell you more. The two metal bracket on top might be where the collectors center hangs. I'll let you know. Or if you figure it out tell me. Bill. P,S. I remember see the display in the eighties but don't remember exactly what it looked like. I never thought it would be an issue. :banghead:

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:15 pm
Hi Bill, It is actually only 3 pieces of a huge smurf train display that was used for displays in the 80s. I have it's sister train display in my basement (I have a photo of the train that your signs belong to from an auction a few years ago. The auction for this second train was in AZ with local pickup only or I would have bid on it as well :)

Photo of my train empty:

Coming - image of second train (which may be on my work pc).
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:10 pm
I love that train! :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:30 pm
Stace, if I remember correctly, you have the locomotive and the other parts are from the compartment. I wonder how many of these are out there, since Bill got two of them and I have one of the pieces :-?

I just found the picture, you sent me a few months ago, Stace :-D

:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:47 pm
Hi thanks for the info and pic's I have a little better understanding of what I have. Maureen I didn't know you only had one you didn't say how many you had so I figured you had two. Yours look like it is in better shape paint wise than mine but I love it anyway. I will find a way to make it work. Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:43 pm
Thanks for posting the photo, Moey - well we know there were at least two of the smaller train display since I have a sign and Bill now does too :-? There were probably quite a few of these in toy stores around the country but not many may have survived.
:dory: Staci :dory:
Page 2 of 2

Login