Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:23 am
Hi All; I went to a Wedding for my Neice yesterday. Another Neice that I held my Forth of July party at her house gave my an Avon Smurf watch for holding the party there. I guess she liked what I did. It took two trips to get all the fireworks that I took to get them there. Anyway here's the pic's of the watch and box. Bill

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:58 pm
Nice watch bill :-D

I have one I got from eBay a few years back but all the smurf watches were aimed at children hence it doesn't quite fit me.

Do the Avon watches come in adult sizes... aka were they anticipating they would be sold to people over 5yrs old? :)

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Hi Daryl; I think that it could be for either one the watch itself is just as large as anyother watch. (men's) The Band would fit a fairly large child or a small adult. I compaired it to a 1 1/2 button same size. Bill

Postby Lia » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:36 pm
It`s a lovely watch!
Maureen gave it to me as a present for the summer competition.
There are still 5 cms band "left" when I wear it (perhaps I am a small adult??) :wink:
The box is also nice, because it has the 50 year logo on it.

Lia

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:54 pm
Hi Lia; I am also a small adult. I tried it on there are 7 holes to size the band I went past 5 of them to the 6th hole before it fit. I took it back off and put it back in the box. Don't think I will wear mine. I do think mine is a man's watch though. The watch itself is 1 1/2 inches in Diameter. Ladies watches are smaller. Bill
P.S. I just went and checked they only make them in one size.

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:56 pm
I'm fairly certain these are ladies' watches as they feature Smurfette and came from the Avon catalogue. Large watches for ladies are fashionable, or so I believe! :-D

Postby bwalters » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:09 pm
That may well be Hilary when I see a lady I don't usually look at their watches :) :) :) :) Bill

Postby Lia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 am
:haha:

I agree with Hilary, this is a ladies`watch. I think, I`d laugh when I noticed a man wearing it.

Lia

Postby smurfieduck » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:46 am
Yay!!! Great watch, Bill!! I would certainly wear it! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Login