Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:54 pm
Hi All Me again. I was looking through the rarity guide on MV at the astro smurfs I have three of them. One I got nearly 30 years ago and has the markings 1965 Peyo and Schleich (c) and four on his left foot and Hong Kong on his right foot. Finger is up and helmet has no raised seam. The other two have the finger up raised seam. Left foot has Schleich. (c) Peyo and wallace berrie. The right foot has HK one mold 1 other2. MV says these were made in 1969. And has no Astro except one with an emblem with a raised seal. What is correct. I also bought these three packages of smurfs last year One pack is witches one is Angels and one is Haymaker. Is this the way they were distributed or did someone have a bunch of these and just put them in a bag and seal it? Bill
OH By the way The writing is larger on the first Astro and he is the one I have had so long. In the pic he is the one on the left. Also the packaged smurfs have 1 tag in the bags.

Postby bwalters » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:15 pm
Sorry the one bag is Farmers not haymakers. The tags have the item # on them. Bill

Postby smurfurious » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:46 am
Hi ! They are distributed by 5 figures in a bag like in the pictures . Are there any sticker on the bag ? Usually there are one with Schleich , smurf number and so on .

Dan

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:12 am
Yes there is one tag with the Schleich number on them. When I bought these the seller also had another bag with 35 farmers in it for sell and his picture of them show lots more of them that looked like they did too. Bill

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:25 am
Hi Bill

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question but I think you asked whether it was correct that the Astro was released in 1965 or 1969......the answer is 1969 as the first year they were released.

I also have one with the 1965 date on it......although the mould for this smurf may of first been made in 1965......they were not released to the public until 1969 which co-incided with the year the Americans first landed on the moon.

Forgive me if I got the question wrong though

Dyar

Postby bwalters » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:31 am
Hi Syd; That was kind of the question. All three show 1965 on mine. But MV shows 1969 and you answer clears that up. Thanks. Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login