Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:22 am
Hi guys,

whilst being at the sisters' fair I felt instantly attracted to the CNTs. However I also noticed similar ones which had been marked "PVC no toxico", which also had me going weak. Thus, I was just wonderring if the "PVC no toxico" series was released after the CNTs had been released?

Thank you so much for helping me out.

Postby Lia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:03 am
that`s really difficult to answer , because the pvc no toxico`s aren`t in any catalogue and I wonder if anyone knows this?
( The CNT are partly in 2 catalogues, mostly in Bernd Maiers catalogue)
I have quite a collection of both, because they are my favourite smurfs.
I think that the pvc no toxico`s are older, simply because they look older and are more often in a played with condition.but I`m not sure of this.
Most of my CNT are in a very good condition, some even have the original stickers.
Anyway, it`s so worth to collect all of them, because they are super nice!
Especially the ones with different colors and moulds!
It`s my target to have them all! :lol:

Lia

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:05 am
Thank you so much, Lia. :D You know, I was attracted by the colours, I reckon that some of them are even nicer than the lovely original ones, e.g. Doofus and the very lovely pink skirt Ballerina.

Postby Lia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:08 am
I could mention at least another 40 different examples Dom, believe me!!!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:12 am
Definitely. :D

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 am
This is an interesting thread! :D Thanks for the answer Lia and for the question Dom. :-D

Postby Pitufo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:34 am
As Lia says, it is really to know all about cnts and pvc no toxico...I am not sure whn they have been made...I have some cnts for more than 25 years (an orange mechanic, an american football with whote helmet, a silvered arc and arrows love smurf etc)...So I would say they were made in middle 80´s, when smurfs were very famous here...About pvc no toxico markings: some of them are old, but there is a new bunch of them...Perhaps they are old and someone has found a big amount of them recently, or perhaps they are new production smurfs...WHO KNOWS????As lia says...THEY ARE LOVELY!!!!!

It is so difficult to get info about non licensed smurf!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:37 am
I could mention at least another 40 different examples Dom, believe me!!!
Is it possible to make a list so we know which ones to look for? :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Lia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:17 am
ohhh Staci...what a question :shock: :)
well, this could take some time, because there are so many and from some, there are variations.
Christy shows an incredible amount of them on her site and in my collection are also many different ones.
I guess, there must be more then hundred of them, and even more if we count all the variations too :eek:
As an example, I`ll show the hunter.

Lia

Postby Pitufo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:37 am
I guess, there must be more then hundred of them
HUndred???I would say thousands!!!!!!!!!!

I have just put all my smurfs out of the cabinets, and I amn going to make a section of cnts...PICS SOON!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
JOAQUÍN

Postby Lia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:10 pm
I can`t wait to admire your thousand CNT`s Joaquin! :)

please hurry! 8-)

Lia

Postby Pitufo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:38 pm
I guess, there must be more then hundred of them
HUndred???I would say thousands!!!!!!!!!!

I have just put all my smurfs out of the cabinets, and I amn going to make a section of cnts...PICS SOON!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
You are always welcome at home to see my collection, but believe me...I have not thousands of cnts!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:58 pm
Lia,
I am always surprised how many flesh colored smurfs there are. Do you know if there is one for every smurf number? It would be nice to see a list of those as well :D

I also didn't know that the flesh colored ones are CNTs.....I agree with Stace it would be nice to have a list..is it possible to have a list of the basic ones kinda like we have for the licensed smurfs? :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Lia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 pm
Maureen, the fleshtone ones are very very rare ( that counts for the polish and empires too)
In fact, I have only 3 fleshtone smurfs ( apart from the Gargamels)
But it would be nice to have a list. If only I knew which smurfs exist as CNT.
Every time, I discover new smurfs or I see new variations at the site of other collectors.
If I can find the time, I could start making a list.

Lia
Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:00 pm
I was just wonderring if the "PVC no toxico" series was released after the CNTs had been released?
I'm not too sure either Dominique, but I always thought CNTs were older.

It seems possible that the PVC No Toxicos have been made only recently, which would could be one reason why they have never appeared in the German katalogs so far. I could be wrong as I like to learn most things from my own discoveries and research....but my gut feeling is that these are new.

If anyone knows anymore about them, or has any other opinions then it would be interesting to hear more about them

Dyar

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:24 am
Thank you so much for your help, Lia, Joaquin and Dyar. :grouphug: They are indeed very lovely. :smitten:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:12 am
That's an interesting theory, Dyar :D

Can anybody post a comparision picture of a PVC no Toxico and a CNT? I don't have any PVC no Toxicos either and it would be great to see if there are any differences in them except for the marking :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:51 am
If I had decided to pick Doofus "PVC no toxico" and the ballett smurfette, I would have done it. :(

Postby Lia » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:25 am
I think, this nurse is a good example Maureen!

Lia

Postby Lia » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:26 am
markings

Page 1 of 2

Login