Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

Postby agent smurf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:49 pm
When you say you're "still waiting for my smurf to move" do you mean one in front of you at the moment? ... we need Rach for that, I can promise though to ask her if you remind me after the Christmas rush is all over and dealt with
hi! Thanks for your kindness but I think maybe we can sort it out without bothering everyone. :D
I mean :smurf2:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:02 pm
but maybe one of the other admins knows how to do it too :-?
You are really funny, Tojo...the rest of us admins are lucky we know how to log onto the forum let alone make the avatars move :sofunny: (just kidding admins :-D kinda!)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:04 pm
Kidding yeah right :o

You have no idea how often I forget how to sign in :banghead:

But we are doing good so far...we haven't broken the forum for about a month ....there is always tomorrow, of course :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:09 pm
But we are doing good so far...we haven't broken the forum for about a month ....there is always tomorrow, of course :-D
Way to jinx the poor forum...I guess we'll be seeing it after the new year eh :-D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 am
I wouldn't joke ladies! It sounds far too likely to me! :shock:

Postby Gerda » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:14 am
NOOOO don't crash the forum then I would have to find something meaningfull to do with my time like house work or take care of the kids..
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:44 pm
We'll do all we can to save you from such a horrible fate, Gerda! :shock:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:46 pm
Way to jinx the poor forum...I guess we'll be seeing it after the new year eh :-D
I am still wondering which year she is talking about? 2009 or 2010 when the movie comes out? :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 am
My set of these fakes arrived today! Really nice set. Colourful and look great! The paint work is good but a little sloppy in places, the blue is a much lighter blue colour than a smurf. And has a glossy paint finish. I've attached some pics. My favourite is by far Handy Smurf in his blue overalls! Also like Smurfette (although she looks scary from a certain angle with her eye brows), Papa and Painter are great too. All the molds of the smurfs are great! They look perfect like real smurfs and not ugly fakes. They come off their bases. They do stand the size of normal pvcs. I'm really happy with them! I'd recommend collectors to buy a set. Mine cost 30AU all up, so good price I think. The Hong Kong sellers are going to make a killing off these.

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:59 am
I'm looking forward to mine arriving. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:59 am
Thanks for the heads up, Brad.

They apparently used a different mold than the Kinder smurfs but it does make for some lovely creations :-D

I have a feeling we will still be talking about them in years to come as people willl probably believe they are genuine Schleich smurfs but don't find them in the catalogs :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:37 am
Thanks for the heads up, Brad.

They apparently used a different mold than the Kinder smurfs but it does make for some lovely creations :-D

I have a feeling we will still be talking about them in years to come as people willl probably believe they are genuine Schleich smurfs but don't find them in the catalogs :)
they are very well made in regards to the molds. Thats what I really like about these smurfs. Glad they also made them the size of the pvcs and not fake copies of the small kinders. Also wish they'd completed the set of 9!! I want the lazy smurf as a pvc and a fishing rod for the odd smurf out in this set.

there will be a lot of confussion like you said for years to come some collectors won't know that they are fake. They look official (with tag and also the bottom of the bases of these smurfs it says Peyo 2008, but I'm guessing the Kinders say this also and they've just copied??) So they will be talked about. But I think they are worth buying, I'm not disappointed and I don't think any other collector will be either.

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:09 am
Ask and you shall receive - my fakes arrived this morning! :) :)

Postby Tojo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:12 am
What's your opinion of them Hilary?

I'm glad that Brad likes them too as I was a bit worried that mine might have been the only good ones & that everyone else would get a load of rubbish :) :)
I want the lazy smurf as a pvc and a fishing rod for the odd smurf out in this set.
I agree Brad, it would have been cool to have had all 9 figures & accessories.

As Maureen has pointed out, I am also sure that these figures are going to confuse collectors in the future 8-)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:33 pm
I love them! I can see what Brad means about Smurfette and Angler looks a bit odd, but otherwise they are really nice. :) :)

Who would have thought that we'd all be in raptures over Chinese fakes? :-D

Postby bradley » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:22 pm
I love them! I can see what Brad means about Smurfette and Angler looks a bit odd, but otherwise they are really nice. :) :)

Who would have thought that we'd all be in raptures over Chinese fakes? :-D
to me Angler looks more like hes busting a weird dance move... he's probably my least favourite only because he has to mix and match with the pillow, doesn't look right. He needs his fishing rod.

lol, I never thought I'd be so impressed with chinese fakes either!
They are bright and colourful and look great! Glad that you like them as much as we do! Who else has a set coming to them??

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:07 am
I'll be getting me a set, but probably wait to the Chinese version of the 2009 smurfs to save on shipping :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:52 am
I got a set coming in the mail, cant' wait.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby southernyacht » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:49 pm
I got my set today (complete with wonky glasses on Brainy... :) )

I also noticed this on Jokey - an unpainted tail. Has anyone got this, or was I lucky?

Cathy x :cat:

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:08 pm
You were lucky Cathy! My Jokey has a blue tail. :-D
Page 2 of 3

Login