Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Simon X » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:43 am
Hi,
I have a few questions about my following smurf:

(no markings)

I have received an e-mail from someone who saw this smurf on my homepage and he wanted to know if I had any information about the smurf. I don't know much about him and as I am interested in this pirate as well, I thought I could ask you: Do you have any idea where he is from, when he was produced,...? He is different from the other pirates, the CNTs etc...

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:46 am
@Simon:

I wish I was able to help you. From the pic, I highly believe that your pirate is a Polish fake, since it differs a lot from the CNT, the McDonalds, the "official fakes" made of soft material and from the "fake-fakes" which were made from hard material.

Postby Lia » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:14 am
Hello Simon!

This pirate is simply a spanish fake! There is hardly any info about him, but he comes definetely from Spain!
I don`t know when he was produced, but it must be quite some time ago, because I have him for many years in my collection!

Lia

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:50 am
Thanks for helping out Lia. :D

Postby Pitufo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:34 pm
Hi, Simon!!!As Lia said, it is just a fake from Spain...It is not from Poland for sure...All these fakes are always sold from Spain...There are many kinds of fakes here, but (again, as Lia says), no info about them!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:18 pm
A very nice pirate, Simon :D

Since most fakes seem to come from Spain, do we know where the "newer" harder commonly known grotesque smurfs come from?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Simon X » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:44 pm
Thank you for your answers. So he is just a Spanish fake. :-D :)
Since most fakes seem to come from Spain, do we know where the "newer" harder commonly known grotesque smurfs come from?
Which ones do you mean? Maybe you mean the following grotesques:
http://www.blueimps.com/smurfs_news10.html? Rachel wrote they were mostly sold in the Netherlands...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:46 pm
thanks, Simon :-D They are the ones I meant. I remember that article now...but had totally forgotten about before :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 1 of 1

Login