Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby André » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:54 am
Hi,

My daughter and her friend wanted to paint today. So I gave them some smurf in bad condition and my warhammerpaint.

So these could very well be next genaration Schleich-painters, if they decide to make any swedish releases. :)

And there creations. I helped them with the belt.

/André

Postby André » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:04 am
You know the CNT accessories are slightly larger then the normal ones for the supers. I don´t have any of those. :(

Postby André » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:01 am
Here are the swedish fakes they made.

The girls are only 7 years old so I think they did very well. Off course I couldn´t just stand there so helped them with some small parts. I painted most of the chimney sweeper, but I think I like their smurfettes the most. :D

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:06 am
I like them a lot, Andre

The girls are really talented :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 am
Yes Maureen,

I was also surprised that they were so careful with the smurfs when they were painting them. But they ran out of Smurfettes. Both wanted Smurfettes to paint but I hadn´t got that many that I would let them paint. I have a lot of smurfs with initials under their feets and many which have been played with a lot and don´t have so much paint left anyway.

/André

Postby Gerda » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am
They are masterpieces!! they did a great job. :-D
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:17 pm
They've both done an excellent job! :-D :) :)

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:21 pm
I think they did an excellent job, you must congratulation them :-D

Postby André » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:54 pm
I do that.

Both my wife and I used to paint a lot before we got any children. My wife has always been an "artist" and has education for it aswell. But nowadays she do her creations in the garden and I do my "creations" in the house( construction). :) :)

But it seems Ally is the only one of our children who has this intrest. She always paints and is really good at it. And offcourse we encourage her.

/André

Postby André » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:07 am
Here are 2 smurfs I got yesterday. They are "savings smurfs" to put coins in.

To the right are 2 of my wifes creations in "clay" from here schooltime.

The head is one of my favorite item in my house, eventhough it is not a smurfitem. :) When my children were small they was afraid of this one and thought it looked scary.

/André

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:48 am
They did a great job painting those Smurfs!
They all look very colorful and well painted.

Congrats on the Smurf Banks, André. I like those.
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:59 am
:clap3: :clap3: Well done, they're very nice :thumbsmurf:
Now you know what your next project will be... to buy a bunch of old, cheap & beaten up smurffetes from ebay. :)

PS - :easter: <-- Now I should maybe go and use a little time and make this icons as a "smurf painting" instead of eag painting. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:10 am
Your wife is very talented, Andre :D Does she still create things like this?

I tried to create things when I was a child but after my lion was believed to be a grizzly bear by everybody but me...I stopped :banghead: I kept it though until I left Germany. Now I wish I had brought it over with me (along with many other memorabilia from my childhood including smurfs) :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 am
Those are fantastic smurf creations André :-D :cheers:

I keep my warhammer paints safe as I'd probably find the paint pots empty when I needed them :) Simon our youngest loves painting things :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby André » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:20 pm
I know what you mean Tojo,

I looked at the white paint after and it was more pink than white.

We have never painted on smurfs before and I don´t think this paint isen´t the best one. I think that if you want the paint to stay there forever I guess you should spraypaint the whole smurf first and then start from scratch.

Maureen,
My wife and I don´t have the time for this now, when we have children. But we use to say that when we get old we will start again( if our eyes still are good enough :) ) Do you want to see one of my paintings??? I show you one here on the forum if you promise to keep it a secret. :o

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Sure, I won't tell anyone :) :) :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Gerda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:10 pm
Please show us one of your paintings!! :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby André » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:51 pm
OK I will,

but I only have one off them at home and this I don´t want to show here.

Because people tend to interpret a meaning in all paintings and this is a painting from "the Wailing wall" 1991 in Jerusalem (I was there on holiday). It is a harmless painting and I assure you it has nothing to do with religion or politics but I think I skip to show this painting here anyway.

I will add one tomorrow because my parents still have some of them. The other ones I actually have sold. :shock: People buy anything nowadays. :)

/André

Postby André » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:18 pm
I had a picture of one of my paintings in the computer.

This is one. It is not a closeup so you can´t see the details but as you all know; on money the things you see as lines are many times very small writing and I assure you that it is the same on this painting. This is a swedish 20 bill with Selma Lagerlöf ( a swedish writer) on it.

This is one of my favorites and took me a long time paint the details.

/André

Postby Gerda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 pm
WOW :shock: you are very talented, have you ever thought of making it a career?

gerda
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 2

Login