Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 3 of 3

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:17 am
Lia,
please don't take this the wrong way...the answer to why would anybody fake it is simply "Money".

A few years ago there were a bunch of blue rope smurfettes being sold for very high prices on ebay and there was a rush among collectors to get their hands on it which of course made certain sellers more willing to "find" more of those smurfettes and to sell them. I still see the blue rope smurfettes being sold as very rare items on ebay. Until you mentioned it, I had never seen this marking refered to as promo, so that would explain why it's not listed as such in the DSK.

I am not saying yours is a fake..and I hope it's a genuine promotional item for your sake and everybody else's sake who has one of them, but my personal opinion on them is that it's easy to create those and as Andre said, those markings are all over the cables which might explain why there are blue rope smurfettes with different markings or with no markings at all.

In the end, it will be up to each of us to decide for ourselves if the blue rope smurfette we have is a genuine promo item or not..Like with everything else, there will always be doubters and there will always be believers.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:41 am
Lia,

I don´t think the fakers try to make a promo. They are trying to make a blue rope Smurfette and that one is listed in the DSK. So it is easy to double or triple the price just by changing this rope.

I still hope yours is genuine and that Cabelte has released a promo. :D

But I wouldn´t pay more dinheiro ( Sandra, you see I am learning portugese :) )for a blue rope smurfette than a white rope smurfette if I wasn´t 100% sure it was genuine.

/André

Postby Lia » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:53 am
Maureen and André.. don`t worry, I`m not taking this the wrong way.

and even if my smurfette should not be genuine, it`s no problem, because I got her for free :D

And any info is welcome, because it`s the best way to learn about smurfs!

Lia

Postby André » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:02 am
And if the faker lives in Portugal it is very likely that he will get cables from the mayor cablecompany in Portugal when he fakes these Smurfettes and that is why there could be many with the same markings. But still if the markings are in the same places on all of your Cablte smurfette´s and there are no metal inside I would consider it more likely to be genuine. :-? I must also add that this is only my opinion and I have been wrong before :) so feel free to correct me if this seems stupid.

/André

Postby André » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:21 am
I forgot to tell you that the cable I showed on the picture is marked IKO KABEL. It is a swedish cablecompany which was sold to american ITT long time ago. This is not important but I just wanted to show that the companynames are common on the cables. And if you see this on a rope it is 100% fake because this company stopped existing before the Smurfette was released. :)

/André

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 am
It`s not even liisted as a promo in the DSK.
The fake that it isn't in the DSK means nothing either...that is a compilation by a person who was trying to get as complete a list as possible (last in 2003 or 2004?). The smurf collecting world has found that quite a few items in the DSK are fake and ones that are not even shown in there are real smurfs that the writer wasn't aware of at the time. With the internet, we have all learned a lot more than is in that book so it not being in there doesn't mean too much. Just thought I'd say that because I don't consider the DSK the smurf bible like a lot of people do. That's the great thing around our forum - we keep learning a lot and it's the most up to date info we have at the moment :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Lia » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:01 am
It`s definetely nòt the bible Staci!
I fully agree with you!
I have lots ad lots of special smurfs, that aren`t in it!

Lia

Postby André » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:55 pm
Lia,

I have seen many of your smurfs and you have a lot of smurfs I consider very very rare and valuable. :-D
I would love to see more info and pictures of those in the DSK instead of the blue rope smurfette.

I must also say that it probably isn´t the easiest thing to write a "smurf collectors bible" with all different information we recieve all the time. :!: Maybe we scare potential authors away now. :bolt: :-?

/André

Postby Lia » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:04 pm
I agree André, it`s impossible to have a complete catalogue with all the correct info.
There simply are too many smurfs ;-)
but if we all post some pics from our collection from time to time, it gives us at least an idea what exist :D

Lia

Postby André » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 am
Yes Lia,

that is why this forum is so great. And that is why I try to post pictures here when I have time. It is a great way to learn more about the smurfs.

/André
Page 3 of 3

Login