Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby stampysmurf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:46 pm
Here's a Halloween card to all my Smurfy friends! :)

Postby PVCBlue » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:56 pm
Here's a Halloween card to all my Smurfy friends! :)
Aw that is so sweet!! Same to you!!
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:31 pm
Thanks! :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:23 pm
I love that card, Norma :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:35 am
we have such creative people on this forum :-D
Happy Halloween
happily smurfing along

Postby Pitufo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:12 am
Thanks!!!!!!

I didn´t know that people wished "HAPPY HALLOWEEN"!!!!I suppose it is not a custome in Spain..ANyway, BIG THANKS, Stampy!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby PVCBlue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 am
Thanks!!!!!!

I didn´t know that people wished "HAPPY HALLOWEEN"!!!!I suppose it is not a custome in Spain..ANyway, BIG THANKS, Stampy!!!!!!!
It is mainly a American holiday, but is also growing in countries in europe, japan, and australia.

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:39 am
It is mainly a American holiday, but is also growing in countries in europe, japan, and australia.
And aparently it was a Danish holiday, that was taken to the US by danes, then lost in Denmark, grown in the US, and now it's becoming popular here again. :roll:

Doesn't say me anything really, it's just a Carneval on another date. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the greetings and hope you guys enjoy the holiday. :D :) :pumpkin:

Nice cards btw! :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby PVCBlue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:52 am
Halloween has origins in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain [pronounced: sow- wen] (Irish pronunciation: [ˈsˠaunʲ]; from the Old Irish samhain, possibly derived from Gaulish samonios). The festival of Samhain is a celebration of the end of the harvest season in Gaelic culture, and is sometimes regarded as the "Celtic New Year". Traditionally, the festival was a time used by the ancient Celtic pagans to take stock of supplies and slaughter livestock for winter stores. The ancient Celts believed that on October 31st, now known as Halloween, the boundary between the living and the deceased dissolved, and the dead become dangerous for the living by causing problems such as sickness or damaged crops. The festivals would frequently involve bonfires, into which the bones of slaughtered livestock were thrown. Costumes and masks being worn at Halloween goes back to the Celtic traditions of attempting to copy the evil spirits or placate them, in Scotland for instance where the dead were impersonated by young men with masked, veiled or blackened faces, dressed in white. Irish immigrants carried versions of the tradition to North America during Ireland's Great Famine of 1846.

Postby Lia » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 pm
This is quite interesting!
In Holland, it`s not celebrated at all.

Thanks Gary , for explaining!
Thanks Norma , for the lovely card!

Lia

Postby stampysmurf » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:37 pm
Thanks Everyone! We celebrate it by dressing up in a funny looking costume and then you knock on your neighbor"s door and get LOTS OF CANDY!!! :) :) Candy corn and Snickers bars are my favorites!

Postby Lia » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:48 pm
I understand your enthousiasme Norma! :)

quote:" we" ..... Is that including adults?

Lia

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:18 am
Well, sorry about that then, but what I wrote I read in the past 2 to 3 years over here in the newspapers... :-? :???: If it's not true, then it's missinformation by the news agents... but then, that wouldn't be anything new really. :banghead:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby stampysmurf » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Lia,
Most kids stop trick or treating around 14 or 15. The real fun is when you bring your little kids around and carry a bag too. Or you can just wait until your kids fall asleep and raid their candy bag at the end of the night!! :) :)

Postby Lia » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:07 pm
Fantastic! :lol:

Lia

Postby Gerda » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:19 pm
Lia,
. Or you can just wait until your kids fall asleep and raid their candy bag at the end of the night!! :) :)
I tend to do it right in front of them.. quality control :)
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login