Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 9 of 9

Postby Chris McBrien » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:12 pm
Received mine this week but i was surprise by the smell of paint they have
did schleich change the paint ? They smell Like chinese fakes

But i bought them to a very trustable smurf shop online

Lilou
Can you post a picture? I'm not a "smurf expert", just an enthusiast and collector...but I'm betting the keener minds on here could discern for you!
"To Smurf or not to Smurf...I didn't know there was any question!"

Brainy Smurf

Postby bwalters » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:04 pm
I got two sets today along with the Box. I traded a bunch of the Jakks Smurf stuff for them a set of feves the rest of the stuff was unexpected. But great.
P.S. Here are a couple of closeups
Mr Bill

Postby lilou4460 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 am
Received mine this week but i was surprise by the smell of paint they have
did schleich change the paint ? They smell Like chinese fakes

But i bought them to a very trustable smurf shop online

Lilou
Can you post a picture? I'm not a "smurf expert", just an enthusiast and collector...but I'm betting the keener minds on here could discern for you!
I m sûre they are réal cause i bought them from Lorraine but sorry for that word but they stink paint

Postby Chris McBrien » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:08 pm
With the box and all...they look real to me, but I'm not an expert.
My eyes are GLUED to the teeny tine figures...are those Pixis???

Brainy Smurf

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:39 pm
They are smurf feves :D Pixis are even smaller..but not as breakable as feves :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:57 pm
Hi All; Yea I realized I called them pixi's a little bit after I posted it and corrected it.
Mr Bill

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:33 am
I'll have to look them up..."feves"?...I've only seen Pixi's that small before.

Brainy Smurf

Postby Tojo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 pm
Chris, feves are made of porcelain & are baked in a special cake which is eaten 6th January on Epiphany. It is a French tradition.

By the way, the cake is delicious. We know a French lady who baked us one on 2 occasions. There weren't any smurf feves in them - she'd put ones with national costumes in them.

feves cone in many, many different designs.

Check out this site:-

http://www.epiphany-figures.com/
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Chris McBrien » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:51 pm
Thanks for the link and explanation, Tojo! Very appreciated and really fascinating! The cake sounds great, too! I may have to start collecting these!

Brainy Smurf

Postby bwalters » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:09 pm
Hi Chris; You can look in Bill's collection the last couple of pages I have 7 sets of Smurf Feves. Actually 8 When I got the first couple of sets they came in a small padded envelope from Italy and the Feves were wrapped in a small amout of cotton. I was checking them out to make sure they were alright. I dropped one on the concrete floor of the office and broke it. So I order another set. They make them in many diffrent characters.
Mr Bill

Postby Tojo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm
I only have 2 sets at the moment but I'd like more at some point. I have the 50th anniversary boxed set which you can see here:-

http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=180

& the latest set which look like the smurfs from the European anniversary tour.

Postby bradley » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:47 am
I received my zodiac smurfs on Thursday (thanks Andrew). I'm impressed with this years smurfs. Very happy with all of them. Think they are great!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:16 pm
I received mine yesterday and have to say I was a bit disappointed at the sloopy paint job some of them have..and I also saw errors in the PVC like little bubbles. If I hadn't known better I would have thought that there are already Chinese fakes of these out there and I got a set of them.

I keep them of course and I love the display box, but I am not sure I will try to get two more sets of them to fill the box unless I find some real variations :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:40 am
I've just noticed that the design of the smurf wallpaper has changed on the Schleich website!!

It has a night sky now with constellations. I wonder if they have a different wallpaper every month :-? If so then I've missed one....
Page 9 of 9

Login