Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:06 am
Hey everyone.
Sorry for the continuing posts but I'm new to this game and I'm enjoying being part of this community so so much. It seems like I have finally found people with love for the Smurfs and I'm getting 26 years of quietness out.

I basically am writing to say that soon I will be creating the ULTIMATE smurf village. I have some pictures coming soon of my old one, but before I start the new one in the loft of a new house I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following.

Does anyone know where I can get any of the following;

The King's castle?
The Tree Stump?
Astro?
The Scales?

This would really help me. I want to build a really nice village that's complete and would look excellent. I am willing to trade some unique items, or purchase for an apppropriate price.

Pics soon I promise.

Az
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Fram » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:34 am
Post as much as you like, we all do, and it's interesting reading. If you post something that doesn't interest us, you'll notice it by the lack of responses :)

Tree Stump and Astro can be found at eBay fairly regularly (but expensive), I believe there's an astro set for sale now for 320 Euro or so. Tree Stump is a bit cheaper, more like 150 Euro. King Castle is extremely rare, I haven't seen one in the last half year, and it has been reported that the last two that havebeen sold went for about 2000 Euro.
And I have no clue what you mean by 'the scales'?
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:34 am
I'm with Fram too...I have no idea what the scales are unless you mean the Conveyor Belt playset?

Other than that I have actually enjoyed your posts so please don't stop posting as you are now a member of this forum and have every right to be vocal and be part of this family. :D

I can't wait to see the pics of your old and your soon to be smurf village....we love those types of pics too.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:47 am
Could scales mean dragon as in Fafnir or am I barking up the wrong tree stump? :-? :lol:

Aaaah, the castle........... :cloud9: One day........... :wishing:

I can never understand why the tree stump playset is valued less than the Astro set. There are way more astro sets sold, I would have thought the tree stump playset (that we now know DOES deteriorate in condition - sorry David :( ) would be more on par in value to the castle. :-?

Az, I can't wait to see pics of you old smurf village and what you are going to create for a new one. We are in the middle (hopefully) of moving to a bigger house so I can have my smurf room and although I don't intend to turn the whole room into a village (there will be a lot of glass cases) I do intend to have some sort of display scene using scenery and I have even roped in a friend who thinks he can build me pretty special but I am not allowed to go into too many details yet! :shhh:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Fram » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:49 am
Because the Astro set is more beautiful and Smurfy? That's how I feel it at least :-?

Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:49 am
Cool, cheers buddies.

Anyone find the astro set on e-bay. Can't seem to find it.

Cheers guys.

(yeah, I did mean the conveyer belt.) :eek: I am a foolish boy.

Anyone need anything? I've got some tradeable items.

Is tradeable a word?

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:53 am
Because the Astro set is more beautiful and Smurfy? That's how I feel it at least
Fine answer Fram, I agree that the astro set is a very nice item although I was very shocked when I finally got mine............

I am not sure I should write the next bit as it might upset a few people. :shhh:

I couldn't believe how small it was.........

Postby Fram » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:56 am
Now Rachel, you know

size doesn't matter.

Not that I have ever had any complaints or so :o :sofa:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:57 am
That's just what Mrs Dyar said Rach.......she thought the rocket would be a lot bigger. Maybe it doesn't get too excited about going to the moon.

er.....Cheers

Stace :D

Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:07 am
You rude people. At least you have rockets. :(

Size does matter when you have nothing. Still can't find it on e-bay. Any help!?

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:14 am
I believe there's an astro set for sale now for 320 Euro or so.
Where Fram, where? :-? :? :-?

I have just had a quick and could find one but they do appear fairly often so it is just a case of hanging in there. Most astro sets do get posted here so it shouldn't be too long. :D

Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:17 am
Cheers Rachael. Thinking how cool the village will be. I'm gonna put lights around the village. Any ideas on how to make them look cool.

Ooooh, I so need my castle and astro.

Keeps your eyes peeled pour moi merci.

Oh, I have a howlibird. Thought you all might like to know. It must be a fake, but it does read peyo and is China.

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:23 am
Oh, I have a howlibird.
Hi Az, sorry, you have lost me now. I have never heard of a howlibird, explain........ :D

Tell you what would be really cool, fibre optics incorporated into the scene. I think I will be looking into that a bit more. We have been looking into using the type of stuff used for model railways, I think that is they way I will be going. I just can't wait, I am driving Hubby nuts and we haven't even moved yet.......... :gimme:

Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:27 am
That's cool. I never heard of that dragon. What is he? Where can you buy him? What is his story?

The Howlibird and the Smurfs was a smurf book and also an episode. He appears in a few comp games also. He annoyed the village by continually shouting howly, howly, howly. I bought five of them in a French market outside the town of Metz when I was 14. I built a nest in my old village.

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:32 am
Az,
I've heard of the Howlibird. That episode is on the smurfs DVD volume 2 released here in Australia a month ago.
I have'nt watched it yet :D

I did'nt know anything about the Dragon either till i joined this forum.
I know there's a post somewhere here where he's mentioned.

Raelene

Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:38 am
Yeah, I have no idea about this dragon. What episode is he in? Where can you buy him if he is an offical product? How long has he been availiable?

Ooh, I'm confused! :banghead:

Postby Fram » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:47 am
He's a figure of Johan and Peewit, not truly of the Smurfs (I'll be corrected by JT or Teun if I forgot something 8-) ). He's a small (in dragon's terms), green, flying fire breathing dragon.
There exists a Schleich dragon figure that looks a lot like him (but leaner and less mean), but it is not Fafnir. Still, many Smurf collectors have him or would like to have him. You can see two versions on Rachel's site (Blue Imps, link on the top right of the page). In the Uncatalogued forum, in the Smurf music thread, you can see a French single with Johan, Peewit and Fafnir on the cover.

The Howlibird is a figure from the Smurf comics, the result of an experiment of Papa that has gone haywire. He not only annoys the Smurfs with his shrieks, but hedestroys half the village and the dam buy throwing rocks on them (at least in the comic, perhaps the cartoon is tuned down a bit). I have never seen a figure of him and I would love to see a picture of that one.
He has been in one of our previous 'what should Schleich make' threads as a suggestion!

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:47 am
hi! I also love your Azrael!! he is so kool!

sometimes the astro smurf or set is listed under moon smurf or set as well
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:49 am
At work at the mo. When I get home I'll find a pic. They are boxed in the loft.

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:57 am
The Howlibird and the Smurfs was a smurf book and also an episode. He appears in a few comp games also. He annoyed the village by continually shouting howly, howly, howly.
Thanks, I am not really into the cartoons so much so I still have a lot to learn. :cheers:

Technically the dragon is not a smurf product but these ones do fit into a smurf collection / display just too well to ignore. :cool:

Image Image
Page 1 of 3

Login