Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 4 of 4

How long have you been collecting smurfs for?

Started as a child and have collected ever since.
21%
Started as a child, stopped collecting, rediscovered smurfs as an adult, then rediscovered childhood.
63%
Started as an adult, rediscovered childhood.
16%
Don't actually collect smurfs but might be interested enough to fill in this poll.
No votes
Total votes : 43

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:09 am
Hi newbiepeej

That's terrible what your parents did to you...you should ground your parents for the next 20 years for their behaviour.

Did it bother you at the time that they sold them or was it later that you regretted them selling them?

Dyar

Postby southernyacht » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:13 pm
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your welcome messages! The next time someone laughs at my collection I'll remember all the normal people here!

My smurf collection seems to invade into every part of the house. We have more room to move now though as I've finally dismantled the McDonalds Pirate set I bought off Ebay which was taking pride of place in the middle of our lounge............ 8)

Cathy
x :cat:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:51 pm
Hi Cathy

I am waiting for mine and Linda's Pirate set to arrive...it should be here in a couple of weeks and I can't wait to see them...I have heard that they look pretty cool.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:31 am
The next time someone laughs at my collection I'll remember all the normal people here!
That was so nice to hear!! :) :cheers:

We had guests here on Friday and they spend a good hour discussing how strange I am with my husband, not funny!! :( :( :( And that was before they saw the smurfs!

And that was before they saw the smurfs!

HA HA not really!!! :) :) :)

Postby swarlock » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:34 pm
Hi all,

I'm new here. But certainly not new to The Smurfs.

The first figurine I ever received was from, my best friend Marybeth when I was a young teenager. She was older than me and we had a brother/sister kind of relationship.

It was Cupid Smurf. She's gone now from this world but I'll always remember the present she gave me on Valentine's Day. I still have it too in addition to a lot of other ones over the years.
Friendship is everything.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:50 pm
Hi swarlock

Welcome to the forum and I guess that Cupid Smurf is probably the most special one in your collection now. It's nice to hear about some people here and certain smurfs that they treasure for different reasons.

I hope you like it here and it's nice to hear from you

Dyar

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:44 pm
:welcome: Swarlock

Lovely story about your cupid smurf :D I'm sure it's one of your most treasured.

You'll love it here as everyone if very friendly and helpful :-D

Raelene

Postby swarlock » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:51 am
Thank you. It's nice to be here. :)

My cupid smurf was almost stolen years ago. I was
getting off a bus to visit a relative when someone roughly grabbed my arm. It was in the right pocket of the pants I was wearing. Thankfully my mother was there to rescue me and my adopted sister's very special gift to me.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:00 am
Thanks for sharing your smurfy stories, I've been looking at your website which looks really cool!

Welcome :welcome:

Postby swarlock » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:36 pm
Thanks for sharing your smurfy stories, I've been looking at your website which looks really cool!

Welcome :welcome:
Glad you're enjoying it. :)
Page 4 of 4

Login