Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:33 am
31 minutes and I can go home and play with my smurfs.....well besides the 10 minute drive home (I will try to do it in 5 tonight :) ).

I can't wait to see what I have at home as there is one package that is a mystery still as I have no idea who it is from :-?

I do have a Rollerskater sockel for Linda in Gerda's package that I promised......if I can get to it before Syd has of course.....as I haven't seen my other one since I showed it to him a few months back.

28 minutes now and 32 seconds, 29 seconds, 26 seconds, 20 seconds as I lost the zero for a second or two, 13 seconds....

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:50 am
Only 10 mins now, Dyar. Make sure you drive home safely...especially with that smurfette on board.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:28 am
We (Smurfette & me) made it home safe Linda....well the Smurfette was already at home waiting for me so it was never in any danger.

And now for the bit everybody knew was coming and was probably dreading.....the photos.

Before I do I want to send a special thank you to Gerda & Trish from this forum for making today a very special day for me with these beautiful smurfs. You guys went out of your way to provide these and I really appreciate the effort as they are all beautiful smurfs and I couldn't be happier with them.

Gerda, thanks for the bonus items too....they were a complete surprise and I loved the Wisconsin postcards too...they were a very nice touch as was the Smurf party pack thingy....please forgive me for not using them and keeping the packet sealed as I would never forgive myself for wasting these.

Here are the pics....forgive me

PIC 1 - Regular smurfs (Gerda, France, Germany)
PIC 2 - Dupuis Union & Extra Ice Hockey Smurfs for my sticks (Gerda)
PIC 3 - Spare Parts (Ebay) & Party Pack (Gerda)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:32 am
Take 2

PIC 1 - Candy Toppers (Gerda)
PIC 2 - Keyrings (Gerda)
PIC 3 - Raws (Switzerland), Keyring & Ribbon (Gerda)

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:38 am
Take 3

PIC 1 - Sockels (Gerda)

PIC 2 - Marching Band Smurfs (Trish)

PIC 3 - Supers (Gerda) & (Ebay)

Postby aussiesmurfer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:15 am
Glad you like them Dyar! :D

Those candy toppers look great. Well, actually everything looks great but I really like those. :)

Trish.

Postby Raresmurf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:21 am
very nice A, I like the Candy Store one :D

Postby Gerda » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:52 am
Glad you liked everything!! and happy to help!

Gerda

Postby Tamtam » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:01 am
I love seeing the new things other smurfers get. Very good finds Andrew.

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:43 pm
hi there Dyar

You certainly have a nice lot of smurfs there dyar , and guess wot i spyed with me little eye ????

Yes !!! that's right a little blue fello with a rugby ball :D :D

:cheers: simon

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:13 pm
You certainly have a nice lot of smurfs there dyar , and guess wot i spyed with me little eye ????

Yes !!! that's right a little blue fello with a rugby ball :D :D
LOL Simon......but hands off :)

This is only my 2nd ever Rugby player (both yellow shirt). This one is the W Germany one and the one I already had was Hong Kong so I am thrilled to finally have another one of these.

Trish, the Marching Band ones are absolutely perfect :D Thank you for your help with those....and Gerda.....I am totally blown away by the rest of the items.

As I always do...I sort through them by Schleich numbers and I called it a night at 1am and I was only up to the Present Smurf so I still have a long way to go.

I will do a final report on them all once I get through them all as there are a few cool things that I would like to comment on.

Thanks for the nice replies

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:29 pm
I have sorted through all of these smurfs and there was only one double which was the Smurfette Rollerskater which I promised Linda could have earlier. I wasn't really expecting any doubles from this package as a lot of them were asked for by markings and not purposely bought to trade or sell....although that package should leave Europe next week I think.

Anyway here is my conclusion on the smurfs above:

Hunter (HK W Berrie Co) - Gerda told me she had this one and I was interested because the other Hong Kong ones I have didn't have the W Berrie markings. The funny thing was that I won an auction from Germany for 4 smurfs which also included a Hunter. I had no idea what the markings were on those and it wasn't meant to be posted straight to me but it was. It arrived on the same day as Gerda's and even had the same markings....however one has the rifle tilted up with the other straight and also the feather on each head was different with one being a dark dull green and the other being a brighter lighter green so I thought that was pretty lucky.

Traveller - All 3 new Travellers were different to each other but 2 were the same as the ones I already had in my collection. However the reason for buying these was that I had a rohling without stick that needed one. I also had the Bully hand-carved variation that didn't have the stick. Luckily, one of the new ones was also the same variation and because the new one was really dirty I just swapped it over to the older one. It's cool that they are the same otherwise the sticks may of been the wrong one to go with that smurf as there are a number of variations in the sticks too from colours (red, orange, green, yellow), different shades and brightness to also different lengths of the sticks.

Rugby (W Germany) - I only had the Hong Kong one so it was nice to finally have a variation in the Rugby smurfs...wahoooo.....don't laugh at my Rugby collection Simon.....2 is a good start.

Jungle - I was going to keep this one anyway but the direction of the spear was different. Most of my other ones curve towards the figure or even go straight up....this new one curves away from the figure.

Hiker (Schleich Emblem) - One of the cheaper variations according to the Katalog but since I didn't have this one it's actually quite valuable to me.

Basketball- I had the CE version in my collection so it was nice to get an earlier variation without the "CE" markings. The difference is the shirts are either darker or lighter red....sorry I am at work so I can't remember which one is which.

Jester - Again another one I didn't have....I think that now just leaves one more variation left.

Golf Smurfette - If this one ended up being the same at the one I already had then I was going to pull the club and ball off the to add to my rohling, however I was thankful that it was a variation as I can't see myself getting too many of these ones. It became my 2nd variation with this one having the darker green base. 2 more to find according to the Katalog......3 if you include the raw.

Soccer - This came in the auction with the Jungle, Hiker & Hunter. I wanted the Jungle of course but the Soccer player I thought may be useful for the ball unless it was already one of the variations that I had without the ball. It turned out to be yet another variation and so smurf and ball stay intact.......still need to find 3 more balls.

Nat - I had the China CE one but Gerda offered me this one which was the Applause China CE one which had either a lighter or darker green on the Caterpillar compared to the other. Only my 2nd Nat (not including a raw) so it was a nice find.

Dupuis Union - My first type of these so I was really happy about that. The paint jobs were probably done by Smurfy Wonder but I still think they are pretty cool.

Ice Hockey (x3 without sticks) - Thanks to Gerda I now don't need any more Ice Hockey players as I have attached the 5 different coloured Snik sticks. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with these.

Spare parts - I won a sail boat that didn't have the mask so I can now add those together. The cage base & roof are different to my other ones. This one was thicker and shinier and the eyelet at the top cannot be removed. I swapped these parts over with one of my dull ones as I have 3 that were all the same. The rest will be probably added to the spare parts list for trading if I cannot use them.

Candytoppers - These are cool. I have nowhere to display them but I really like them and once again these are a first for me. I did win one earlier but it hasn't arrived yet. This was a nice collection of them to get in one go though.

Keychains - I already had the Smurfette Rollerskater from Linda but I think Syd got a bit rough when kissing her as he rubbed her nose...(I hope it was when kissing anyway).....but this one was slightly different anyway. I like these keychains a lot and will have a few more coming soon to add to these.....just another type of smurf that I promised Mrs Dyar I would never be interested in.....Mrs Dyar -----> :banghead:

Rohlinge - I have wanted the Tennis Player for a while as I love raws where you can add the non pvc parts to them. I was surprised by the Sleepwalker though as I would of put money on it being a fake but it's genuine. I noticed the fake sleepwalkers are all marked on one of the feet while the authentic ones are all marked on the other foot, at least in my collection anyway. These white ones are not mentioned in the katalog either.....maybe they are being produced quicker than you can say that Welsh name...sorry Rachel, I only have a good memory but even Einstein would of failed to remember that one.

Sockels - All ones I needed except for Linda's Rollerskater (Syd not happy). The Jester is my first promo sockel too which is cool......watch out Raresmurf, I am catching up....lol

Marching Band - These were a nice bonus too so I now I only need 2 big drummers to fill up the box....thanks Trish, Raelene.

Rocking Horse (Hong Kong W Berrie Co)- This is the Hong Kong one without the stuck-plug on the saddle that holds the smurf. I already had one but this appears to be the 2nd Hong Kong one mentioned in the Katalog that I didn't have. The markings are also W Berrie which the other wasn't with one being a darker horse than the other.

Boxer - Gerda warned me about this one. I think I won it for $1 US and thought I found a great bargain and probably did. However it had some type of paper stuck to the bottom of it and the actual smurf is stuck to the board. Using the nail file on my swiss army R2D2 I was able to file all of the paper off so it turned out ok.....it must of been heavy duty glue used though. This was actually a different coloured punching bag to the other 3 so that was a nice bonus. I have a spare board, bag and Boxer but just need a spring which I was going to use from this one...however since it's different I will keep them seperate. I don't like to mix up the pieces from different variations so I will only do it where the pieces are identical for 99% of the time.....the spring might make no difference though to the variation....I hthink anyway.

Skateboard (Applause) - Very grateful to Gerda for this one. I still need the Tricycle & The S/ette Car to finish the 4 (or 5 if you include the yellow car). I will get there but I am very happy with this one at the moment.

Lifeguard - This variation I have been after for a long time. I have the all red flag, and 2 variations of the yellow flag with the black dot. This one with the red dot on white background took me a long time to find and I think I got it at a really good price too as I probably would of paid 3 times the amount just to get one although I wouldn't of been able to pay that at the time I won this so I am glad that I didn't have to.

This is probably no interest but the Boss is away and I have time to fill so please humour me.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:14 pm
This is probably no interest but the Boss is away and I have time to fill so please humour me.
Dyar, I don't know who is sadder? You for sitting there and writing it all down or me for sitting there and reading it all enjoying every single word. :winks:

Nice smurfs as always, I have ordered a diorama background like yours as I love your pics. :art:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:06 pm
Dyar, I don't know who is sadder? You for sitting there and writing it all down or me for sitting there and reading it all enjoying every single word. :winks:
I did think after writing this "who would care about what I'm saying?".....but like i said it filled in time and......well yes, there is no real excuse really...sorry guys.
I have ordered a diorama background like yours as I love your pics. :art:
Raelene, Trish & myself ordered one each the other week too. Raelene alredy has hers and I am guessing Trish does too or is about to. Mine is on the way East so now I can do double the pics.....(and the forum goes :banghead: ).....[insert evil but hard spell evil laugh here].

Dyar

Postby aussiesmurfer » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:11 pm
My smurfy background arrived by Raelene post yesterday! (thanks Raelene)

You will love it Rachel, I do! :) :) :)

Trish

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:15 pm
Id love one of them back grounds were can i get one from????? :D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby aussiesmurfer » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:20 pm
http://www.toyline.com/brismurf/departments.html

This is where we bought ours Steve.

Trish

Postby aussiesmurfer » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:22 pm
Look in the display section. :D

item 40962

Trish

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:31 pm
Cheers for that ill go and have a look now! :cheers:
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:56 pm
My smurfy background arrived by Raelene post yesterday! (thanks Raelene)

You will love it Rachel, I do! :) :) :)

Trish
I love mine too :D

Just got to work out where it will fit.

Hopefully your's arrives Ok Dyar.
Thanks for letting us know where to get them from.

Raelene
Page 1 of 2

Login