Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby JT » Wed May 04, 2005 7:20 am
Today I finally received Bully Johan. Now I have quite nice collection of J&P variations, or what do you think :)

Janne

Postby hfos » Wed May 04, 2005 7:23 am
Looking good, Janne..! :D

Postby attombomb7 » Wed May 04, 2005 7:40 am
Hey! those are fab!! very nice JT!

its nice seeing them like this all in one photo..

much easier then seeing things in the katalog..for me anyway:) hehehe

and these are not easy to find//..
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Wed May 04, 2005 9:27 am
Very nice figures JT, you have a nice collection of them. :D

I am still looking for the Johan with green shirt and with Johan on his foot so like Attom, it is very nice to see them all here in one picture. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby JT » Wed May 04, 2005 9:36 am
Thank you.

hfos, it´s thanks to you that I have so many of them. You helped me to get 2 of Johans (incl. green vested one) and 1 Pewit. Attom gave me my first Johan ever and I´m very grateful to him for that :D

Janne

Postby hfos » Wed May 04, 2005 10:01 am
Thank you.

hfos, it´s thanks to you that I have so many of them. You helped me to get 2 of Johans (incl. green vested one) and 1 Pewit. Attom gave me my first Johan ever and I´m very grateful to him for that :D

Janne
Hey, quite welcome! I'll keep my eyes open for any other interesting variations... You never know, right?

Postby JT » Wed May 04, 2005 11:36 am
Hey, quite welcome! I'll keep my eyes open for any other interesting variations... You never know, right?
Great :-D Btw, did you check Johan from that lot I bought? There´s strange markings on his left foot. He has mold number 3 on right and smaller 4 on left!!
Maybe he´s fake?

Janne

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed May 04, 2005 9:15 pm
Hi JT

I love these...but I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the name Pirlouit comes from? This has always stumped me as I have never seen him referred to by tha name anywhere else.....is it Dutch?

I have quite a few variations of these too and if I have something different then I will post a pic for you JT.

Dyar

Postby hfos » Thu May 05, 2005 12:20 am
In Dutch he's called 'Pirrewiet', which sounds like it might be derived from 'Pirlouit', or vice versa. No idea where the name comes from. In any case it's not a very popular name here :).

Postby Fram » Thu May 05, 2005 6:21 am
Original name is Pirlouit, Pirrewiet is a translation of it. I haven't found a true reference, but I believe it's a derivative from Pierre (like in 'little Pierre', Pierrot, but more childish), the true first name of Peyo. He appears only in the third story, the first two are adventures of Johan on his own. The goat of Pirlouit / Peewit is based on a goat Peyo had at home when he was young.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2005 6:31 am
Kitty always calls him William because that's his name in the Magic Flute film. It sounds funny when she looks at my smurfs and says, there's William! :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu May 05, 2005 7:44 am
That's interesting Fram...I just thought they were always together and didn't know that Johan was created first originally without his little sidekick.

These are the variations I have

Johan

Bully (Johan hand-etched) one with dull red pants and one with bright red pants. Probably not a real variation but I thought it would be cool to keep both anyway.

Hong Kong W Berrie & Co - one with lighter brown shirt and pale skin and the other with a darker brown shirt and orangy skin.

Schleich S - one with a green shirt and one with a dark yellow shirt.

Pfiffikus/Pirlowit

Bully (pirlowit hand-etched) - green shirt also a flesh-coloured rohling

Hong Kong W Berrie & Co - blue shirt - one with lighter colours and pale skin and the other with darker colours and darker skin.

Schleich S - green shirt - one with lighter and one with darker colours

With both of these figures I am still yet to find the Schleich S W Germany variation.

Postby JT » Thu May 05, 2005 9:58 am
Thanks for information Dyar :D
It´s nice (yeah right!) to know my collection ain´t complete yet :)

Janne

Postby bradley » Sun May 30, 2010 12:25 am
bump, hehe. just looking for more info on Pewit variations. I went to a collector store today, which had a heap of smurfs. I picked up a pewit figure as I thought he was a variation to the one I had. So got home & compared but the difference I thought it was, it wasn't... but turns out it was a variation in another way. The one I brought today has a lighter skin tone & overall lighter colours. The one that I had originally has a darker/orange skin tone with darker colours. Both are Hong Kong W Berrie. So was happy about that. When it comes to variations as I've never really been interested to collect them until recently, its a little hard for me to pick out variations I don't have unless they are obvious ones. So it was lucky today. I couldn't spot any other variations. I also picked out a brainy smurf with black glasses better condition than the one I had & then getting home & comparing they both have different markings... not into the marking differences but if I end up with them I guess I have to keep them. Also brought a snowboard super in box.

Postby Tojo » Sun May 30, 2010 1:48 am
It sounds like you did well there Brad :D I don't go out of my way to collect different markings either but if I get one that I don't already have I keep it anyway.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Sun May 30, 2010 2:21 am
It sounds like you did well there Brad :D I don't go out of my way to collect different markings either but if I get one that I don't already have I keep it anyway.
yeah I wouldn't go out of my way either to buy variations. But if I end up with one I'll keep it. And if I find colour variations I'll buy those. Just taken a photo of my 2 Pewit figures. You can see the differences with the skin colour. Also on the subject of Pewit, this week I bid & won a Pewit & Johan plush on ebay. No one else bid on them. Went for 9.95US each. Both have tags still attached. Thought that was a great buy. Have been wanting to get these 2 for my collection for a while. Saw quite a few while I was on holiday so I added them to my wanted list. Great to get them for cheap price. Look forward to them arriving. I hadn't brought any new smurfs for a number of months so finally made a purchase. Plus a few today. In a couple of weeks time is the annual Adelaide Toy fair. Hopefully I have as much luck as I did at last years. Best year for smurfs last year!

Postby André » Sun May 30, 2010 3:02 am
Great buy Bradley!! :-D

Now you have both HK versions of Pewit. :D

This is 2 of the figurines which have completly wrong years in catalogues and on many websites. So here are a little info about the markings and years. Hope you don´t mind Brad! :lol:

In the DSK it says these started selling 72. Wrong!! The yearmarkings on these are 1978 and therefore many put 1978 as release year. Wrong!!

Bully started with these 1976 as shown on my poster from this year. And a proof for this is that it is only the smurfs and other figurines shown on this poster which have the handetched Bully marking. 1976 was the last year Bully used this marking.The smurfs Bully made 1977 can´t be found with handetched markings, only printed Bully markings.

So in the DSK it says these were sold 72, 73, 74, 86 and 87. Only one of these year are correct. It was actually sold all the time from 76 to 86.

Bully: 1976-1979. Only handetched markings.

Schleich germany: 1980-1986. If you compare the catalogues from 79 and 80 you can see that in 1980 Schleich bought all the Bully-molds and gave them numbers from 20068 to 20121. So this year Schleich took over and started selling the Johan and Pewit figurines instead of Bully. Printed Schleichmarkings and only CE-sticker possible for these years.

W.Berrie started 1983 with these. And stopped around 85. As on your Pewits Bradley the HK comes in 2 versions, painted and unpainted skin.

André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Lia » Sun May 30, 2010 3:32 am
Nice addition Brad!
Thanks André! I wish, I had so may of them!
I only can add the spanish variation of Pewitt and the minimodels of them

Lia

Postby bradley » Sun May 30, 2010 4:18 am
thanks for the info Andre! And nice to see your photo of the different variations. Good to know I now have both HK versions of Pewit... When I picked him up today I was thinking mine at home had a green shirt... that was why I thought this one was a variation to mine but yeah, got home & I was wrong but luckily turned out to be a different variation. He cost 12AU so not a bad price really. So the darker orange skin Pewit is actually the pvc colour? unpainted? I think my Johan is the same

nice spanish variants Lia!

Postby André » Sun May 30, 2010 4:53 am
Thats correct Brad.

The HK material is dark orange. I have both Pewit versions but only the painted HK Johan.

Maybe they painted them because the material was a little bit to dark??? Too much of a tan on them maybe. :lol:

Lia. It is good to see that you can add the southameriacan versions. I would love those. And the spanish. I have no idea of the years on those though. :-?
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Login