Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Jokey Smurf » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:49 am
There's a musical piece used in Smurfs which is used during sad moments. Not as common as some other pieces of music, but it was used in a fair few episodes. I think it might be a violin piece. Does anyone know the piece I'm talking about? If so, then is it an original piece or is it taken from some other musical compositions? So far I know there's some music sampled from Schubert, Musgrovsky and quite a few other famous musical composers.
Here's a surprise.

Postby SuperJen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:29 pm
I have no idea what the music is :-? sorry. Can you work it out from the credits?
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:14 am
I am not sure about the music. When Rachel gets back online she may know what it is as she is a music teacher and obviously a smurf nut.

Postby Jokey Smurf » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:03 am
The Smurfs never really had the credits to the music sampled I don't think. That's why it's hard to identify.
Here's a surprise.

Postby SuperJen » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:13 am
The Smurfs never really had the credits to the music sampled I don't think. That's why it's hard to identify.
:sillyme: Ow, you don't really pay much attention to the credits when you're a kid, except knowing that it means the cartoon is over :(
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:05 pm
Hi Jokey Smurf, welcome to the board. :welcome:

I am not sure off hand about the piece you are referring to but I am hoping to sit down and watch some smurf DVDs over the summer so if I hear the piece that I think you are referring to I will let you know. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby lordsmurf » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:25 am
Music also changed (or rather got additions) through the years. What characters existed at the time? That would help pinpoint the piece.

The piece was likely made especially for the series, so it probably never had a song nice per se, more than likely it was queued up with something as mundane as "sad song".
Page 1 of 1

Login