Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby MBASmurf » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:03 am
l am an MBA student required to give a short speech about licensing a commercial property. l choose the Smurfs for various reasons and wanted to hear the perspective of real Smurf fans. Specifically, what arguments would you use to support the idea of reintroducing the Smurfs and Smurf merchandising?

(The assignment is really an exercise in speech giving, but I'm hoping to also be persuasive with practical insight from fans)

Thanks

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:25 am
I have regular contact with the man who initially introduced them into the UK and he said that the main marketing theme behind the smurfs is that "Smurfs are essentially good." They have values which we would want to bestow upon our children which I think sets them apart from Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, etc. which are trying to do each other "damage".

Hope this helps. :D

Oh and also don't forget the Smurf Movie coming out in 2008!!! :cheers:

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:25 am
hi

you might want to check out my website

as I have been researching and studying the UN licenced smurf

products since the smurfs are one of maybe 2 of the largest produced

and desired toys this century.. maybe be second to Disney. makes

faking smurf products very desirable. so desirable that there are

thousands of companies or individuals that are exploiting the smurf

market without licence.

I am presenting my theories on this at a exhibition OCt 7th here in

Toronto

there is plenty of great history and information here on the Blue Imps and Kitty's cavern info sites for you to check out as well.

and many experts who will fill you in ..more on licenced smurfs.
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:07 pm
Hi MBAsmurf, welcome aboard. :welcome:

An interesting topic. :D

I am afraid I am no expert on the commercial side of things but my personal argument would be:

I am a smurf addict, I need more smurfs. As there was no warning as to how addictive collecting smurfs can be when you first purchase them, I am holding the company who makes them resposible for my "habit" and therefore they should be helping me by regularly supplying new ones. :)

On a serious note though, I do agree with what Karen said about using smurfs as showing an "ideal" society although there are quite a few dodgy theories out there as to the "real" purpose of the smurfs and their way of life. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login