Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 8 of 10

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:05 am
Liverpool page is up and running now too. Thanks Gray. Love the churches...apparently Gray tells me it aint a very "saintly" district to hang out in though :eek: LOL

:D :cheers: :beer: :cheers: :beer:
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:27 am
:angry: :x

It's been pissing down with rain yesterday and today... so we haven't been out with OJ. I should have done Saturday really, but thought it'd be ok on Sunday.... Pfffffffffffffftttttttt

I'll try tonight... maybe a MK by night kinda of theme...
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:48 am
Liverpool page is up and running now too. Thanks Gray. Love the churches...apparently Gray tells me it aint a very "saintly" district to hang out in though :eek: LOL

:D :cheers: :beer: :cheers: :beer:

Yeah, come and visit the cathedrals Linda, and bring your own red light bulb ! Karen brought her own when she stayed in Liverpool a few years back ( so she tells me anyway ) hehehe !

:-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:02 am
Graham what do you mean? :yikes: :) :)

Actually I stayed in Birkenhead but we went out for a night on the tiles in Liverpool. I can't remember an awful lot about it, except it seemed nice! It was back in 1990 or 91, can't remember exactly, but I do remember getting absolutely plastered, which was par for the course in those days!!! :) :) :)

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:10 am
Sorry Karen ! I know you're a princess, as for those two Aussies ( you know who ), they are capable of anything ! LOL !

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:03 pm
Sorry Karen ! I know you're a princess, as for those two Aussies ( you know who ), they are capable of anything ! LOL !

:haha:

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:05 pm
What's funny? That I am a Princess? That's deadly serious you know, not a laughing matter. :) :) :)

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:06 pm
I know, I want to know how Graham knows ? :) :) :) :)

Postby Rachel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:02 pm
Great pics Graham, I have only ever driven through Liverpool, never stopped, so it is lovely to see all these fabulous buildings. :clap:
Is it green all year round? We went to Bridgetown yesterday and it was pretty much like that at the moment (Looks awesome) but come summer everything goes brown and looks dead.
Hi Linda, yep it is green pretty much all year round. Obviously the leaves drop in Autumn but there are a lot of evergreens still around and the fields always stay green. I am really hoping now we are living up here in the hills we will see some proper snow this year. :snowing: :smile:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:06 pm
Just a reminder about those deadlines guys:

Canada: Tuesday 8th Nov *nudge nudge Attom*
USA: Tuesday 15th Nov
Australia: Tuesday 22nd

Thanks to the dragon who has sent me some pics. :D :cheers: I've added them now and the Milton Keynes link is up and running:

OJ Does MK

David has also made a video so we are hoping to have a link to that sometime (Theres not enough space to put it on the geocities free webspace).

I will try and get my OJ out to take some pics around the place too in the near future.

Cheers

Postby Rachel » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:20 pm
Great pics David, looks like OJ had a fab night out with you. :-D

Site is looking fab Linda, are the kids enjoying it? :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:13 pm
Hi Linda & David

I haven't forgotten about the space for the video, will sort it out in next day or two I promise. :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:28 pm
Site is looking fab Linda, are the kids enjoying it? :D
Yeah, they loved looking for the giant. I am sure they are going to be gobsmacked over those giant lollies of David's too. As our school is a Catholic school they were pretty impressed with Gray's church pics and Tojo's Frankfurt skyline looks very similar to Perth's so they had a big chat over that too.

They keep asking me if he is going to get home before school ends too, so they are pretty excited. I have a map up on the wall that I photocopied but last week I laminated a different one and am going to stick little stickies on that and put it up in the computer lab.

I have now set up a map like Fram's showing Oj's adventures and linked it to the website. Heres the link:

http://www.frappr.com/ojsadventures

PS Fram: cool site and when I went to put in Fra for Frankfurt it came up with a place called FRAM!! :eek:

Oh in case anyone has forgotten, or can't be bothered scrolling back to find it, the email address to send pics to is:

smurfaroundtheworld@stannes.wa.edu.au

Postby Tojo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:21 am
The photos are all brilliant & I bet the children are getting really excited now that more & more places are being added to the site. My children loved looking at what OJ's been up to & Mrs Tojo says it reminds her of the "Letters From Felix" book where the cuddly rabbit does an unplanned tour of the world.

Great stuff :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:55 pm
Just another reminder about those deadlines guys:

Canada: Tuesday 8th Nov *nudge nudge Attom*
USA: Tuesday 15th Nov
Australia: Tuesday 22nd

Graham has sent me some pics of the seaside at Blackpool so I have added them also:

http://www.geocities.com/ojs_adventures/blackpool.html

Linda

Postby Kelly618 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:23 am
I would be glad to help out. I am in New Jersey but I could try to get to the NYC area and do some shots there if you would like that.

I am not sure if you ever heard of the book "Flat Stanley" It is a boy who mails himself around the world--a lot of schools around here do it and it is a huge hit with the kids and I am sure your kids will love this too--especially because of the smurfs in it. who wouldn't love that!!

Let me know if you would like me to help out.

Good luck,
Kelly

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:04 am
I am not sure if you ever heard of the book "Flat Stanley" It is a boy who mails himself around the world--a lot of schools around here do it and it is a huge hit with the kids and I am sure your kids will love this too--especially because of the smurfs in it. who wouldn't love that!!
Kelly, I've heard of Flat Stanley too :) If you have the Adventurer smurf (20474), then I'm sure Linda would love for you to take him to NYC - that would be cool. The real OJ has been lost in the mail so we are all using our own smurf and then emailing the pics to Linda.

I haven't forgotten Linda, last weekend was crazy so I wasn't able to get to Philadelphia to do pics :( I should be able to go this weekend though!!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:30 pm
Hi Kelly,

My teacher read that book to me when I was at Primary school. I loved it. As Stace said if you have that smurf and want to take pics that would be great. Email them to smurfaroundtheworld@stannes.wa.edu.au

Stace, glad you haven't forgottten. I PMed Attom to give him a nudge and he told me he hasn't got OJ yet!! :banghead: HEY ATTOM, WE ALL LOVE YOU IF YOU'RE READING THIS THREAD!! (Lets see how long it takes him to see this!! LOL) Anyway he said he will do them this weekend too. So then its just the Aussies to give a little nudge to too :) :)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:40 pm
Ah Blackpool, I love that place!!! I have only been two times and both times when the illuminations were on. We took the kids there two years ago and they couldn't believe the amount of shops selling rude things along the front! :) :) James and Todd thought it was highly amusing!

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:44 pm
Ah Blackpool, I love that place!!!
Graham sent Kristy a postcard from Blackpool, looks lovely.

Thanks Gray, she loved it :D

Raelene
Page 8 of 10

Login