Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:13 am
I received some packages today and I want to ask a few questions.

1. Argentina Mini Models

I received 5 of these in a package today and I am about to catalogue them and just wanted to ask whether the members here consider them as authentic variations or whether they should be classed as fakes...or is this really a matter of personal point of view depending on what you call a fake (as in licenced to be made but not sold). I am leaning towards putting them with the variations but would appreciate your opinions all the same.

2. Guay Smurfs

I received 3 of these today and to be honest I am not very familiar with them. They came without any accessories (figures only) and so I wanted to ask for any info that anyone here knows about them.

Thank you :cheers:

Dyar

Postby bundleofkent » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:35 am
Andrew i know the minimodels feel like fakes-hard pvc etc..- and can be badly painted but they were authentically licensed by schleich. therefore they should be viewed as genuine variations. however due topoor quality i took the view that they lie somewhere in between!!

martin

ps lack of capital letters due to writing one handed.

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:50 am
I guess, from hearing that description, that you could give them the same status as the Dupuis-Union ones. If they are officially licensed, then perhaps a category "official Schleich- and Bully-like copies" can be made (flashy name, huh?). This can include things like the Jouef models as well, I suppose, and is different from the regulars, the promos, and the fakes.
For me, I normally put them all together, i.e. I have all regulars, promos, fakes, ... of one model together. Only the promo's, fakes, and "other" that don't exist as regulars are separate (like some of the McDo ones). This way, you can see very fast what variations (in all ways) of one particular figure exist, but it is hard to see promo sets and so on together.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:11 am
Hello Andrew,

Probably it is just how you want to do this and it is most likely different to everybody how to proceed with these.
Personally I do not put them among the regular/variation Smurfs but give the Argentinians, Polish, Plagiate, Non-toxicos etc there own shelfspace. This keeps it clear which ones I have of a particular maker.
This might change when they add the Argentinians in the catalogue as variations on the pages of normal Smurfs. Tess and I tens to follow the split up in the catalogue for displaying the collection. But like said, just our personal idea.

Could you post a pick of the Guay Smurfs? Are these the plasti ones from Spain?

Thanks,
Dennis.

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:46 pm
Thanks for all of the opinions guys. I have decided to catalogue them with the variations since they have the Schleich S marking as well. I also include the Dupuis Union ones with the variations too...although I can fully understand why people would add them with the other types like the CNTs etc.

Here is a pic of the Guay smurfs Dennis

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:17 pm
hi !

very nice new Guay smurfs! I like the painted faces!

and I think kataloging them separately is a good idea,

as well as the Argentina smurfs

or other country ones you may get along the way!

I just bought some more Mexican smurfs and I keep them separately

in my records.
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:58 am
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the photos and I am just wondering, are these the Spanish ones which are hard plastic and come with motorcycles or maybe the Greek Super Smurfs in those white boxes?
We normally only collect PVC etc. but do have a range of these Spanish Smurfs on motorcycles, but these Smurfs look all the same accept for color combinations.

Dennis.

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:06 am
Hi Dennis

I'm not sure where they are from and the only markings are Guay Peyo C. I had a feeling that they might of been the motorcycle ones but I'm not familiar with these types of smurfs at all. I bought these for 0.99 something (can't remember what currency) and I do have 2 of those motorcycles coming sometime in the future which I also picked up very cheaply without the figures so I am hoping they are a perfect match.

I like buying smurfs like these that I know nothing about as I tend to learn more about them once they arrive.....unfortunately I keep discovering different types of smurfs which can be quite frustrating :banghead:

Postby Rachel » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:56 am
Hi guys, great topic for discussion. :clap:

I haven't got any of the minimodels yet but do intend to actively seek them out in the future. I am glad I have read all of this because I had always believed that these were infact never officially released due to quality issues so it is good to know the facts. :D

Does anybody know between what years they were sold? :sherlock:

Andrew, lovely pics of your Guay smurfs, I don't think I have seen these before. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:58 pm
Hi Rachel, Andrew and :wave: (rest of the clan),

I will start two new topics, one on mini models and one with the Guay Smurfs as I do have some questions on these as well and it might be best to split them up.

Dennis.

Postby Pitufo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:19 am
Hi, everyone!!!!!!This is an old topic, and now minimodels are becoming more usual, I think!!!!!! I have them with regular one, as variants, so I can see them all together...And I have seen in this topic, Fram has mentioned Dupuis- Union smurfs...How many of them do exist? Are they too hard to find? I only have 20077 /tongue smurf...

THANKS
JOAQUÍN

Postby smurfwish » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:20 pm
Spanish Smurfs on motorcycles
Dennis would it be possible to post some photos of these smurfs please?

Postby Rachel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 pm
Thanks Joaquin, I had completely forgotten this thread and I was interested to read the opinions as I seem to have done the opposite now I have actually added a few Mini Models to Blue Imps. :o

It was something I did think about quite carefully about whether they should be added in with the regular variations. Maybe I will think about chnaging them in the future. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:54 pm
Maxine, I think hes talking about these ones (Correct me if I'm wrong, Dennis):

There's some more halfway down this page:

http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/Smurfs/ ... Items.html
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby smurfwish » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:49 am
Thanks for that Linda :D and also for the link to 'Timeless Trinkets' but you do realise what you have done don't you???? :-? You've only gone and shown me another shop that sells more smurfy things and its just calling my name to spend money!!! :) :) :) I am sitting on my credit card as I write this :lol:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:15 am
Dont sit on your credit card, spend the freakin thing ! :) :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:33 am
It always seems funny digging up old posts as I learnt so much so quickly on here...but not long ago I didn't know very much at all and had to ask a lot of questions. I guess it may make new members feel better about asking as we all had to ask....and infact I am still asking about things I don't know.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login