Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:32 am
Here are a few pics of my figures as DrunkSmurf asked to see some & I thought others might also be interested
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:33 am
One of the officers

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:35 am
Various units

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:38 am
artillery

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:40 am
Here's some cavalry too

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:04 pm
Hi Tojo ! Those figures are awesome ! I used to do wargaming when i was at school, when i left school, i lost my way with it a bit, my favourite was WW2 Tank battles ! We also used WW2 ships, we also had Napoleonic battles, Roman Empire battles, WW2 Planes, and something like English vs Scots in the 1300s, not sure exactly ! Ive got about 30 Tanks etc of WW2, but its no fun on your own :(

Perhaps i should come over and we could do battle, i'll bring a dice ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:06 pm
Hi Tojo, you have a very impressive army there. Great pics. :-D

Did you paint all the figures yourself? I know a friend of ours spends hours and hours hand painting each figure.
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:04 pm
Did you paint all the figures yourself? I know a friend of ours spends hours and hours hand painting each figure.
My husband spends hours and hours painting his miniatures as well. :eek:

Very impressive army, Tojo!!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:41 pm
Nice collection Tojo......you have so many of them. Thanks for showing us the pics, they were nice to see.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:38 pm
hi!

awesome collection~~ ! I was very impressed, :D

and I can see now nicely painted these all are.. really cool to see!

thanks for posting this!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Tojo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:21 am
Thanks guys.

yes I did paint them all myself - can't believe it myself sometimes :shock:

Each normal base has 8 figures which take me about a month to finish as I can only paint when the kids are in bed. Each regiment has 12 bases which have a total of 96 figures. That's about a year's work! I've been at this lark for about 4 years now & can't seem to stop.

All I need now is someone to 'play' with. Ever thought of visiting the Frankfurt area Smurfing Beer?

:cheers:
tojo

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:32 am
I have Tojo ! I would love to visit Frankfurt, especially your house and the Airport :D , i love watching planes ! Im such a small person, but ive got so many hobbies, i dont know how i do it ! :) :)

But its a great collection you have, it looks awesome !

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:13 pm
WOW Tojo, you have done a fabulous job painting them all. A really impressive job. :clap: :clap:

You (and Mrs Tojo) must have some patience. :) :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:09 pm
Excellent collection Tojo :D

Wow, i can't believe you painted them all yourself :shock:

You've done a great job 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:56 pm
Yes I agree with the others...the paint jobs do look really really good. It must be tricky painting some of those bits...I just know I would stuff it up but I can appreciate the talents of peopel who can do it.

I would be sendign the kids to bed at 11am on the weekends just so I could get back into painting them.

I'm not Graham but I am dying to go to Germany.....someday :D

I'll bring my fake Soldier smurfs, Indians, Cowboys etc and we will battle it out......can I also bring a bowling ball? :) ....no, I couldn't do that they look too great plus Mrs Tojo would throw me out on my ear.....and I hate having cold ears.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:55 am
Ha, ha great ideas Dyar.

I remember finding a website once where people wargame with Playmobil figures. Ok if you have a big garden, but otherwise..

I have a big garden. Maybe I could dress the kids in uniforms & try out my bowling skills... :shock: Maybe not :)

Thanks everyone for the comments & praise. It makes all the evenings sitting with a brush in hand more rewarding.

:cheers:
tojo

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:03 pm
Hi Tojo! Wow, these are great! (I just noticed the thread today).

You have a fantastic collection!

Do you buy your men online or from a local store? I would like to start a Japanese or Chinese army (in highschool, I painted Warhammer fantasy miniatures), but these eras don't seem well-supported.

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:15 pm
I read a book on Napoleonic tactics recently, "Tactics and the Experience of Battle in the Age of Napoleon" by Rory Muir.

I liked it because he went into details on things like road marches and even how the soldiers spent their time in the evenings.

What interested me most was stuff about the cavalry battles. Cavalry would charge in open formations and the men would take a swing or two at each other as they passed through (no horses colliding and men dueling ferociously as in the movies).

I didn't know about the skirmisher companies (often armed with rifles) that would... well... skirmish with each other prior to a battle.

Muir also provided a lot of anecdotes about the soldiers under cannon fire. He described a French colonel who was always screaming at his men not to "dip" when cannon balls flew over the formation. Until, of course, a cannon ball grazed his cap and he ducked also.

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:21 pm
My husband spends hours and hours painting his miniatures as well. :eek:
Hi Eggie, what sort of miniatures does he paint?

Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:25 pm
Hey Tojo

1) What sort of reference guide do you use for determining the colors?
2) What led you to make these particular units?

The playmobil figure gives the scene an interesting take. Now you just need to piss off your history buff friends by giving Napoleon a company of undead and a dragon for a mount. I could send you some of my Warhammer Skaven.
Page 1 of 2

Login