Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 3 of 3

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:54 pm
I love those stories, so here is mine... sorry, it's long.... :sofa: :yikes:

I can't remember which one was my first smurf, :-? I always kinda had about 30, I don't even know who started buying them for me, I think I always had them, even before they started the cartoon series on German TV. :-?

I remember, I usually kept the smurfs in the large smurf house in a plastic bag, and got them out every few months, until my mother gave me the permission to display them in the dining room....... :D :D :D that made for some interesting conversations with our guests.. :-D

I do remember having the King smurf, the smurf with the white feathers, the black and white soccer player (who reminded me of a German soccer player from the 70s) and others :-D ,....

The funniest thing was, when I got ready to move to the US about ten years ago, my grandmother helped me getting my appartment cleaned out, and gave all the smurfs away without me knowing it.. :( :o ..
I didn't miss them really until a few months later and nearly had a heart attack when she told me she had given them away :-( :sad: .....
They were my childhood memories, but she didn't see it that way....she told me, the less I take to the US, the cheaper I can get there....

I went back to Germany for a visit five years later, and told my grandmother (I was visiting her), that I definitly had to buy smurfs, because I couldn't find any in America, and five years was a looong time without smurfs. :shock: ....

Well, I didn't like the newer ones they sold in the department stores, :scratchinghead: so we found an old second hand comic store who had smurfs on display... 8)
When the owner saw what I was looking at he gave me permission to go to his back room and showed me a big box full with smurfs.. :eek: :skipping:
He told me the prices were written under their feet and to take my time.....
I found nearly all the smurfs I used to have but it was too expensive..... :(

well, you gotta love my granny :smitten:

She still felt so bad about what she had done five years ago, she bought them for me. :hiya:

Spent over 100 marks for about 30 pretty normal smurfs...
She told me that would be my last gift from her, which it wasn't :) , but I am still thankful for those smurfs.
You won't believe it but the king smurf was the most expensive one in that lot for 10 marks........ :shock:

Of course my collection has tripled since five years ago, after I found out that there are smurfs in America (you just have to go to ebay)..... :cloud9:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:45 pm
Nice story Attom....and similiar to me in a way that I started re-collecting smurfs after an illness. I was in the recovery stage but didn't work for a year after the treatment and I think I just got bored and so I started focussing on smurfs as an outlet for my unused energy.....it was tougher not working but once I found a way to generate more income I was well on my way with a nice little collection.

Great stories everyone :D

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:47 pm
That's sad what your grandmother did, although she probably thought she was doing what was best from her point of view, but great that she paid to replace most of them too in the end :D It's great that everything turned out ok in the end & that you're still collecting smurfs. Do you still only collect the older smurfs or do you collect the newer ones as well now? A nice story :D

By the way, which part of Germany do you come from?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:12 pm
:D Oh, right now it seems, that I collect every smurf there is, , and I really do like some of the newer ones, like the adventurer smurf, the hikers, and I love the school set, and...mmh :scratchinghead: ... oh let's just say, I love them all.... :smitten:
By the way, which part of Germany do you come from?
I grew up in Stuttgart, Germany. I lived in the pretty much inside the city (10 minutes away from the department stores on foot), and it was ok, but now I am enjoying country life in the Hinterwald of Tennessee... :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby TumbleMonkey » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:34 pm
I got SuperSpy Smurf for my 9th birthday (1979). I had no idea what it was but I liked it.

I was rewarded from then on in baseball with a smurf for every home run I could hit. I couldn't hit them out, so I would hit the ball and run as fast as I could and I wouldn't stop until I'd made it home. I hold the record for most inside the park home runs. I have over 300 smurfs. 8)

Postby Tojo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:41 pm
Hi TumbleMonkey :welcome: to the forum :wave2:
That's a great record you hold there - & what an incentive to run like hell!!
Do you still collect smurfs?

:cheers:
tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:55 pm
Hi TumbleMonkey

Welcome to the forum :D

You have a lot of smurfs and a lot of home runs too. I played Baseball for my school but the coach kept yelling at me because I always played cricket shots instead when I batted.....I guess a square cut is not much use in baseball but it was still fun.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:29 am
More great stories guys. I always love reading people's smurf histories, it reminds me of why we all love smurfs and often for different reasons. :-D

Welcome aboard TumbleMonkey :welcome:

I will look forward to hearing more about your collection and maybe even seeing some pics. 8)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby paolo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:35 am
Mine was 2.0068 football smurf... of course, since I'm Italian.
I remember that during one of my birthday parties when I turned around 8 or 9 I asked my classmates to give me smurfs as gifts, so I started back then with about 20 free smurfs all at once.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:11 pm
Here is another very old thread that might be worth reviving :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:28 pm
It's been great reading this! :-D :) :)

My first smurf was probably Papa Smurf but I know for sure that my first 3 were Papa Smurf, Clown Smurf and Smurfette. We got them from National Garages in the late 70s. Later on they were available in toy stores and then they disappeared. :( Now I've rediscovered them and have been collecting again for just over a year. :) :)
Page 3 of 3

Login