Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:33 pm
Whew, I just had a very interesting drive home.... :driver:

It started out pretty boring in Chattanooga with the sun shining, :shocked: crazy drivers on the road :crazyangry: and a hot discussion on talk radio :argue: (I have been getting better, I no longer talk back to the radio..most of the time) :dream:

Chattanooga is in the Tennessee valley so in order to get home I have to cross a long mountain top (20 miles) drive thru Sequatchie Valley and then up again on my beloved mountain.
Usually I can see my mountain when I drive down the other mountain and the sight is something else.... 8)

Anyway, as I was fixing to drive down into the Sequatchie Valley, I no longer saw my mountain but only a grey wall. :shock: That happens sometimes, and I always wonder where my mountain went. :-?
Today, however, I not only saw that grey wall, but quite another black wall coming down from heaven down to the valley... :eek: I must admit, my eyes popped out, talk radio became less interesting, :???: my hands got glued to the steering wheel :yikes: and my feet got off the gas pedal. :-o ... and then the rain hit.. :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :fish: :cloud: :cloud: . From one second to the next the rain and wind hit. :shock: ... I was not able to see anything, let alone the road, which can be quite curvy.. :driver: ..By faith alone I got down the mountain, well and with a bit help from the car behind me...(no he didn't actually touch my car but he very seriously considered it) :-x

Well, I am home now and the sun is fixing to come out again. But what a ride that was... :relieved: :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:39 pm
It sounds lovely where you live Maureen, i want to sing Chattanooga Choo Choo now ! :) That weather sounds awful, i am glad you made it home safe ! See, if you lived in The Black Hills of Dakota, i could sing that too, Doris Day is one of my idols !

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:43 pm
WOW Maureen, I am glad to hear you got home safely, that spunds like some wicked weather. :relieved:

I hit some mist in the valley this morning but compared to your journey, mine was a breeze I think. :D

It does sound beautiful where you live. :love:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:58 pm
Thanks... I love it here and think it must be the most beautiful place on the earth.... ok, one of the most beautiful places anyway :) :) :)

Graham, you can sing the Black hills of Dakota, even though it's more like the green hills of TN :) ,. from what the old timers up here tell me, that movie could have been about this mountain.... :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:04 pm
I suppose the Indians were right to fight for their territories, there must be some lovely mountainous places in the USA ! Very picturesque :D

Postby steveparkes » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:26 pm
Wow..sounds scary Maureen..glad you managed to get down the mountain and home safely :D
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:09 pm
I suppose the Indians were right to fight for their territories,
I often walk thru my woods and try to image what it was like when the Indians were here.... :) ( I have a wild imagination)

Actually, quite a few people still find Indian artifacts in the woods, but I never look close enough on the ground, just close enough to see those snakes. :eek:

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:21 pm
Wow Maureen...that sounded pretty scary especially with the curves and everything. I am glad you made it back home safely. It does sound like a beautiful drive though (on normal days). I would love to see that area someday.....maybe I will find some Elvis artefacts somewhere.....maybe outside a 7/11 I hear is good.

Glad you made it back safely....maybe you should be driving your Mum places instead. :)

Dyar

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:07 am
It sounds lovely where you live Maureen, i want to sing Chattanooga Choo Choo now ! :) That weather sounds awful, i am glad you made it home safe ! See, if you lived in The Black Hills of Dakota, i could sing that too, Doris Day is one of my idols !

Graham, i never thought anyone loved Doris Day more than me :) . Glad to hear you made it home safe Maureen . :D Lucie

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:47 am
Lucie, i love her, i grew up watching Calamity Jane over and over again ! I also love Gene Kelly too, especially his film " On the Town " or Howard Keel in " Seven Brides For Seven Brothers ", Glenn Miller's music too,plus many more, i could sit in Maureen's house and watch those Dvd's over and over again, i think that would be a perfect place to watch them ! Any chance Maureen ? I'll nip over the water one day :)

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:42 am
just close enough to see those snakes. :eek:
:shock: :shock: Oh no no no no no you would'nt catch me within 3 inches of a snake!!!!

But glad to hear you got home safely Maureen. :-D

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:21 am
hi Maureen!

it reallys sounds beautiful where you live, its not like where I am

all I see is grey everywhere, cement!

:shock:

did you choose to live here? where you in a cement jungle before?

its got my mind wandering now, if I should move! :D
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:39 am
Whip crack away, whip crack away, whip crack awaaaaaaay.......... :whip:

I am afraid I also have to admit to being a big Doris Day fan with Calamity Jane being my all time favourite. I also grew up with the musicals but that was because my Dad used to play in all the local show orchestras so as kids we were dragged around (willingly though) to see them all. I think that was what got me into music myself and then went on to play the local shows myself. :music:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:37 pm
did you choose to live here? where you in a cement jungle before?
yes :D yes :D
Lucie, i love her, i grew up watching Calamity Jane over and over again ! I also love Gene Kelly too, especially his film " On the Town " or Howard Keel in " Seven Brides For Seven Brothers ", Glenn Miller's music too,plus many more, i could sit in Maureen's house and watch those Dvd's over and over again, i think that would be a perfect place to watch them ! Any chance Maureen ? I'll nip over the water one day
fine by me... :) just nip on over :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:50 pm
Did someone mention nips? How about some :beerglass: and a semi-coherent chat? :crazy:

Speaking of Doris Day...I do like the movie "That Touch Of Mink"

My friend who went Guernsey and became a little wild is also a huge Doris Day fan.....if I have to hear about Calamity Jane again :banghead: :)

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login