Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:10 pm
I am still after this box.....one day I will be a McHappy Drew....not today though :(

Ronald McDyar

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:56 pm
I wonder whether there'll be a new set for 2007. If I hear anything I'll let you know. I like them even though they are a bit different to the Schleich & Bully smurfs. It's nice that they're the same size too.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:19 pm
Hi there,

I agree with dates:

2004 - Pirates set
2005 - Knights Set
2006 - Footballers Set

1996 was the first PVC set with the one holding the 25 for the 25 years of McDonald (11 PVC Smurfs in total) and the associated case.
Now allegdly, that case was supposed to be used by the reps to show the Maccas figurines to the Macca Fast Food owners and get them to take them on. You may know that McDonald is only a Franchise and each restaurant is actually owned by a manager which buys into the Franchise. In theory they don't have to do everything that McDonald tells them to (Hence why the mention "In participating restaurants" when there is a promotion going on). In reality though, you'll find they all do the same (for obvious reasons).

1998 was the sporty set (8 PVC Smurfs)
2000 was the 12 mini plush figures with the calendar holder
2002 was the 9 plastic figures (same size as plastoy) with material accessories.

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:27 pm
That's a good overview David. I still don't have all of them yet.

I've got the 1996 ones complete (thanks to Steve :D ), 2 of the sporty ones, 5 plush ones, 4 large ones (3 missing their accessories though) & the pirates, knights & football ones all complete.

I'm hoping to fill the gaps sometime & will be keeping my eyes peeled :eyes: :eye: :eye: :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:34 pm
For my sins, I have all of them...

I have many doubles for the 1996 and the 1998 ones... If anyone is interested just pm what you are after.

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 2 of 2

Login